Black, Gay actor faked the MAGA attack

PhatMack19

On 2/18/2019 at 11:42 AM, stevenash said:

This incident and the Covington teen hoax are perfect examples of why, when a genuine claim comes along, that fewer and fewer believe it.  Those who think they are doing something very noble are, in fact, undermining legitimate claims.  If these issues are as rampant as the left would have you believe, why is it necessary to create fake incidents?  UT Alum, can you explain please?

Turns out he engaged in shameless and illegal self promotion. Looks like both sides of the political spectrum engaged in race-baiting before the facts all came out. It’s not always politics first. Some people are just idiots. That’s why I think we all need to step back and take a deep breath before we start drawing conclusions. Covington teen is another shining example of our first reaction to turn anything we can into “us” vs. “them”. Both sides I’m dissing here, not just conservatives.

As I’ve said here before, peace and harmony don’t sell ads. Conflict and friction are what make news ratings.

55 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Turns out he engaged in shameless and illegal self promotion. Looks like both sides of the political spectrum engaged in race-baiting before the facts all came out. It’s not always politics first. Some people are just idiots. That’s why I think we all need to step back and take a deep breath before we start drawing conclusions. Covington teen is another shining example of our first reaction to turn anything we can into “us” vs. “them”. Both sides I’m dissing here, not just conservatives.

As I’ve said here before, peace and harmony don’t sell ads. Conflict and friction are what make news ratings.

Well, thank you for not blaming conservatives, especially since it’s the liberals that engage in this race baiting nonsense almost exclusively.

39 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Well, thank you for not blaming conservatives, especially since it’s the liberals that engage in this race baiting nonsense almost exclusively.

That’s one of the most backhanded compliments I’ve had in a while, but I’ll take it.

I did blame both sides for the way they ran with it, though.

5 hours ago, TxHoops said:

The stupidity is ALMOST as offensive to me as the deception.  Sometimes cases beg to be made into an example.  This one is crying and screaming to be one.  And the waste of people’s time and resources, just wow.  

At least he didn’t use Venmo or PayPal.  That could him open to more federal wire fraud charges.  

Tip for wanna be gangsters- Straight cash homie

6 hours ago, TxHoops said:

The stupidity is ALMOST as offensive to me as the deception.  Sometimes cases beg to be made into an example.  This one is crying and screaming to be one.  And the waste of people’s time and resources, just wow.  

Some folks who think they are "enlightened" are, quite obviously, considerably less.  When he didn't want to give the police his phone right after his initial allegation, something seemed very wrong.  Also, why on earth, at 2 am would two guys, wearing MAGA hats, seek out a guy at subway during a polar vortex to attack him? He said they told him "this is maga country" during the "assault".  Sorry, but first of all, Chicago(of all places ) is a very long way from being "maga country" and two blacks attacking another black does not qualify as a racial hate crime, and the time and weather added more skepticism to the claim.  I am convinced this is another in a long string of contrived incidents to sway public opinion about Trump being a racist and a hater.  Subsequent legitimate claims will be harmed by this stream of stunts.

18 hours ago, TxHoops said:

There must be a million white guys in Chicago and he hires two Nigerians.

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Look at my guy Mack laying down the federal predicate!   Very true by the way.   

The saddest part of this, someone actually attacked, for whatever reason, will be confronted with skepticism because of fake poo like this.  A message needs to be sent via Jussie.

On 2/23/2019 at 8:29 PM, Hagar said:

The saddest part of this, someone actually attacked, for whatever reason, will be confronted with skepticism because of fake poo like this.  A message needs to be sent via Jussie.

This is the hidden content, please

Stop hitting nails on the head Hagar.  Here is a news segment/commentary expressing your exact sentiments by an African American reporter.  Smollett’s actions were “deplorable” on so many levels...

45 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Stop hitting nails on the head Hagar.  Here is a news segment/commentary expressing your exact sentiments by an African American reporter.  Smollett’s actions were “deplorable” on so many levels...

I am sure we will eventually hear how Jussie is just another Colin Kaepernick, doing his best to draw attention to the "rampant injustice" in America and that, although his methods were questionable, his "heart" was well intentioned.

15 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I am sure we will eventually hear how Jussie is just another Colin Kaepernick, doing his best to draw attention to the "rampant injustice" in America and that, although his methods were questionable, his "heart" was well intentioned.

I think that’s a bit cynical, albeit maybe justifiably cynical.   As the video shows, he is now getting hammered from all sides, and rightfully so.  But the egg on many people’s face is not so easily wiped off.  The greatest tragedy, as the reporter points out (and as Hagar previously argued ITT), is the lingering effect these scams have on real victims.  

4 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Yep, I’m a legend in my own mind :) 

8 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I prey for the day you realize my post in the Locker Room (The Truth is Out There) have hit the nail on the head, lol.  

• 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Fox announced they have cancelled Empire.  I hope Jussie doesn’t beat himself up too bad over this. 

I wonder how all the “Empire” actors who took up for Smolletts feel about losing their lucrative jobs. Lmfao.