Nederland Bond PASSES!!!!

Bigdog

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

Sure it will. What do you think a classroom is for??    Having uncrowded, non leaking classrooms and educational areas is exactly what this bond is about.    There isn't any "keeping up with the Jones, Nederland's schools are between 40-80 years old because people like you that stick their fingers in their ears and scream "NO" at ANY bond, no matter what was on it.

So, you are saying that the education right now in Nederland is bad?

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

FWIW, My dad is 71 and attended classes at Groves E.... which is still in use.  I started Kindergarten at Van Buren E.... it wasn't new back then, and it's still doing a good job.  

Now, they're not as snazzy as the new schools that are being built these days, but those schools are typically being constructed because the districts have outgrown their facilities... That hasn't happened in Nederland.  Some people just want their name on a bronze plaque by the front door. 

Really? A bronze plaque on the door? That’s what you think a bond is about? You’re joking right? We have kids in portable buildings.

PNGISD is putting up a bond to level Van Buren and build new elementary schools. Using your logic, what’s wrong with Van Buren? 

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

FWIW, My dad is 71 and attended classes at Groves E.... which is still in use.  I started Kindergarten at Van Buren E.... it wasn't new back then, and it's still doing a good job.  

Now, they're not as snazzy as the new schools that are being built these days, but those schools are typically being constructed because the districts have outgrown their facilities... That hasn't happened in Nederland.  Some people just want their name on a bronze plaque by the front door. 

And PNG is going to propose a bond this year to replace them.

8 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

It’s just crazy how they’re all overcrowded when there hasn’t been any growth for years... 

Just another talking point.  I'm sure something else Bob Meeks told them to stress.  But, if it's true, it hasn't affected the quality of the educational system in Nederland.  It's excellent now and will continue to be excellent when/if this massive bond fails. 

16 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

It’s just crazy how they’re all overcrowded when there hasn’t been any growth for years... 

A misconception.  Just because the city’s population isn’t showing growth doesn’t mean that the ISD isn’t growing.  Nederland ISD extends outside the city limits.  Most of the growth has been along Spurlock and in Beauxart Garden.  But of course Klein fails to mention that because it doesn’t fit his narrative.

2 hours ago, bigdog said:

A misconception.  Just because the city’s population isn’t showing growth doesn’t mean that the ISD isn’t growing.  Nederland ISD extends outside the city limits.  Most of the growth has been along Spurlock and in Beauxart Garden.  But of course Klein fails to mention that because it doesn’t fit his narrative.

I was talking enrollment, not population. 

11 hours ago, bigdog said:

If we are growing so much, then why are we still at the 5A level?  PN-G with their bonds hasn't brought any new student increase in students.  They are still sitting at the 5A level.  And what narrative is Klein trying to push?  If you are talking about the student growth, well apparently it's really not there to justify putting us in debt to the tune of $156,000,000!

The state regularly changes education requirements which affects facility needs. The teacher to student ration requirements have changed over the year resulting in more space needed. Additional required special needs or programs also contribute to the need for more space. It's not always about population growth.

6 hours ago, Reagan said:

If we are growing so much, then why are we still at the 5A level?  PN-G with their bonds hasn't brought any new student increase in students.  They are still sitting at the 5A level.  And what narrative is Klein trying to push?  If you are talking about the student growth, well apparently it's really not there to justify putting us in debt to the tune of $156,000,000!

The division numbers are adjusted every two years and almost always go up especially with some of these super schools such as Allen and Katy that have over 5000 kids in the high school alone.  Both schools will probably stay 5A for the foreseeable future due to that even with growth. Like I said drive around and open your eyes to the building being done; and not just inside the city limits.  The areas zoned to Helena and CO Wilson are where the most growth is and that will continue for some time.

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

The division numbers are adjusted every two years and almost always go up especially with some of these super schools such as Allen and Katy that have over 5000 kids in the high school alone.  Both schools will probably stay 5A for the foreseeable future due to that even with growth. Like I said drive around and open your eyes to the building being done; and not just inside the city limits.  The areas zoned to Helena and CO Wilson are where the most growth is and that will continue for some time.

Not to mention new schools being built at the 6A level like Conroe Grand Oaks, Cy-Park, Bridgeland, and Klein Cain

The pro-bond folks must be in full panic mode.  I have heard that they have been stealing anti-bond signs.  Now I know for a fact they are.  A couple i have seen around the city are "no longer" there.   I think the "disappeared" yesterday.  The pressure is building!  Love it!

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

The pro-bond folks must be in full panic mode.  I have heard that they have been stealing anti-bond signs.  Now I know for a fact they are.  A couple i have seen around the city are "no longer" there.   I think the "disappeared" yesterday.  The pressure is building!  Love it!

Could people have changed their minds?

5 hours ago, Reagan said:

I guess the “no” crowd was in full panic mode when “yes” signs were being stolen before “no” signs were even ordered...