Nederland Bond PASSES!!!!

Bigdog

23 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I had forgot how massive the 2009 bond was defeated.  It was 3252-853.  I’m sure the school board and the CAC, who for some reason didn’t want the membership list exposed, sat around and wondered what it would take to move any of the 3252 over to the pro-bond side.  So their solution was:  take the newest school and demolish it to the tune of around $86,000,000.  Then, for good measure, tact on more to the tune of $156,000,000. With interest — it’ll be around $240,000,000 total!  When it’s all said and done, I think the silent majority will prevail and defeat this.  As of right now, I see it going down 60-40.  And that may be conservative!

Where did you get your figure that it would cost $86 million to demolish the school and where did you get your figure of $84 million worth of interest?

28 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Where did you get your figure that it would cost $86 million to demolish the school and where did you get your figure of $84 million worth of interest?

I thought I saw the break down of cost and the total cost of the school part was 86 mill.  But, I stand corrected.  On the 1st page the cost was stated at $82,700,000.  I was off by less that 4 Mill.  I heard the total cost of the bond, with interest, would be between $230,000,000 and $240,000,000.  

53 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I thought I saw the break down of cost and the total cost of the school part was 86 mill.  But, I stand corrected.  On the 1st page the cost was stated at $82,700,000.  I was off by less that 4 Mill.  I heard the total cost of the bond, with interest, would be between $230,000,000 and $240,000,000.  

“Only $30 per month” lol. 

34 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Well, thanks for the clarification. Your payout is conservative compared to the estimate of NISD (245 million)

This is the hidden content, please

However, that interest, as well as the bond principle will be paid over a 25 year period with the estimate that the highest rate that Nederland ISD residents and businesses will pay will be in 2020 with the amount decreasing after that.

Now to your first statement, which you just exposed yourself as an outright lie:  you claimed that the $156 million would be on top of $86 million to "demolish the school."  There is absolutely NO publication, even your buddy Mr. Klein, who makes such an outlandish and completely false claim. In fact, the architecture firm, IBI, confirmed that the cost of demolition is included in the bond.

pg. 4.

16 hours ago, Reagan said:

Nederland’s educational system will be excellent whether this massive bond passes or fails.  Whether some choose to believe it or not.  

That says it all right there, in your opinion and the opinion of the NO voters, what Nederland has right not is adequate. The YES voters think the kids and educators of Nederland deserve better than outdated schools and a swamp for a football field.

15 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

And some people believe that all of the world's problems can be fixed with other peoples' money.  Nothing is stopping you or anybody else from driving down to the admin building and scratching a personal check for however much you believe you can afford.  

The funny thing is that if you really felt so "charitable" "benevolent" and "giving" you'd at least be willing to forego your homestead exemption.  But you won't. 

I'd forgo the Homestead exemption if it applied to me, the taxes on my $225,000 modest dwelling will go up approximately $1,000 a year and I am willing to pay that. I'm also willing to incur any cost of living increases within the community that may or may not happen if this bond passes.

You are not willing to do either.

Doesn't make me right or you wrong, just different opinions.

12 hours ago, Reagan said:

I had forgot how massive the 2009 bond was defeated.  It was 3252-853.  I’m sure the school board and the CAC, who for some reason didn’t want the membership list exposed, sat around and wondered what it would take to move any of the 3252 over to the pro-bond side.  So their solution was:  take the newest school and demolish it to the tune of around $86,000,000.  Then, for good measure, tact on more to the tune of $156,000,000. With interest — it’ll be around $240,000,000 total!  When it’s all said and done, I think the silent majority will prevail and defeat this.  As of right now, I see it going down 60-40.  And that may be conservative!

That’s a blatant lie and you and Klein both know it.  The meeting were open to the public and broadcast on FB Live. Klein’s unmasking of the list was nothing more than to get clicks for his website.  You could have just went to a meeting and saw who was there 

12 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, thanks for the clarification. Your payout is conservative compared to the estimate of NISD (245 million)

However, that interest, as well as the bond principle will be paid over a 25 year period with the estimate that the highest rate that Nederland ISD residents and businesses will pay will be in 2020 with the amount decreasing after that.

Now to your first statement, which you just exposed yourself as an outright lie:  you claimed that the $156 million would be on top of $86 million to "demolish the school."  There is absolutely NO publication, even your buddy Mr. Klein, who makes such an outlandish and completely false claim. In fact, the architecture firm, IBI, confirmed that the cost of demolition is included in the bond.

pg. 4.

Come on, that 86 mill was part of the 156 mill. I never said otherwise.  SMH!

17 hours ago, Reagan said:

I think you just lied again!

5 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

That’s a blatant lie and you and Klein both know it.  The meeting were open to the public and broadcast on FB Live. Klein’s unmasking of the list was nothing more than to get clicks for his website.  You could have just went to a meeting and saw who was there 

Not to say that it wasn't, but I never saw a notice advertising these meetings.  If they were, where were they advertised?

6 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

That says it all right there, in your opinion and the opinion of the NO voters, what Nederland has right not is adequate. The YES voters think the kids and educators of Nederland deserve better than outdated schools and a swamp for a football field.

Your opinion!  We shall see who is right May 4th!   :)

6 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

I'd forgo the Homestead exemption if it applied to me, the taxes on my $225,000 modest dwelling will go up approximately $1,000 a year and I am willing to pay that. I'm also willing to incur any cost of living increases within the community that may or may not happen if this bond passes.

You are not willing to do either.

Doesn't make me right or you wrong, just different opinions.

I bet you won't!    :)

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Nice try again, but...  The "tack on more" is the difference between the 86 Mill and the 156 Mill with the tune being $156,000,000.  Always glad to help people understand!

Oh, I think people understand your quote quite well.

18 hours ago, Reagan said:

Here you go again parroting Klien, or maybe you are him.  There was no "secret" CAC meetings, it was open to the public and everyone who wanted to go went and they could see who else was there.

28 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Oh, I think people understand your quote quite well.

LOL!  Nobody thought the total was over $156,000,000!  Well, the principle anyway.  Now, plus interest, that's a different story.  Again -- no where in the past have I stated that principle amount was anything other than the massive amount of $156,000,000.  So, why would I change on one comment? 

It is my understanding that the school district paid out $2,765 for food and drink at 6 different bond CAC meetings.  Now, my question is, is this normal?  Shouldn't this food be provided with private money.  Maybe the district was reimbursed privately?  But let's say the district did fund this.  Seems like to me a district in such bad shape could have used this money for some technology upgrades.  Maybe some supplies for teachers.  Maybe the maint dept could have made some minor repairs. 

13 minutes ago, Reagan said:

It is my understanding that the school district paid out $2,765 for food and drink at 6 different bond CAC meetings.  Now, my question is, is this normal?  Shouldn't this food be provided with private money.  Maybe the district was reimbursed privately?  But let's say the district did fund this.  Seems like to me a district in such bad shape could have used this money for some technology upgrades.  Maybe some supplies for teachers.  Maybe the maint dept could have made some minor repairs. 

Wow Klien, just pulling everything directly off your page huh?   You have no idea what things cost, especially technology.  That would barely buy two computers.

27 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Wow Klien, just pulling everything directly off your page huh?   You have no idea what things cost, especially technology.  That would barely buy two computers.

I see you also look at Klein's website.  :)     Hey, two computers are better than nothing.  There's other things that were mentioned that that money could have been used for.   Now, how about addressing whether it's right to spend taxpayers dollars for food for these meetings?  There's no debate that it was done because there are receipts showing the fact.  My only question, was it right? 

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

LOL!  Nobody thought the total was over $156,000,000!  Well, the principle anyway.  Now, plus interest, that's a different story.  Again -- no where in the past have I stated that principle amount was anything other than the massive amount of $156,000,000.  So, why would I change on one comment? 

"So their solution was:  take the newest school and demolish it to the tune of around $86,000,000.  Then, for good measure, tact on more to the tune of $156,000,000."

5 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I see you also look at Klein's website.  :)     Hey, two computers are better than nothing.  There's other things that were mentioned that that money could have been used for.   Now, how about addressing whether it's right to spend taxpayers dollars for food for these meetings?  There's no debate that it was done because there are receipts showing the fact.  My only question, was it right? 

Not very often, its the same crap he's (or you) have been spewing on Facebook.   The tours were hosted at the schools and were several hours long.  The tours were hosted by NISD administrators.