Nederland Bond PASSES!!!!

Bigdog

7 hours ago, bigdog said:

If they have money left over, dressing rooms are one of the things on the list.

How often does new construction come in under budget..? I hope we are able to get everything we want and more I really do. But honestly I’m not holding my breath on us able to build one, 

18 hours ago, Reagan said:

And some of the main yes people are from Port Neches!  LOL!!

You do realize that some of Port Neches is inside Nederland ISD right?   I am referring to people who do not own property inside the ISD or in a couple of cases in Jefferson County at all.

16 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

How often does new construction come in under budget..? I hope we are able to get everything we want and more I really do. But honestly I’m not holding my breath on us able to build one, 

The 2012 bond came in under budget by quite a bit.

4 hours ago, bigdog said:

You do realize that some of Port Neches is inside Nederland ISD right?   I am referring to people who do not own property inside the ISD or in a couple of cases in Jefferson County at all.

Mine was a joke about the yes people from PNG who do not live in Nederland. 

22 hours ago, Razor said:

But at least their band and drill team will be able to perform at halftime when it's wet (vidor's that is)

Well, football teams perform when it's wet.  Hence the name football stadiums.  But to say one is going to spend millions and millions of dollars so that drill teams may or may not be able perform is a travesty on the taxpayer.  Probably why one doesn't see "drill team" stadiums.  Again, nothing said here or in any of these post supporting the massive tax increase would educate one child!

54 minutes ago, MMosley07 said:

What programs? BCISD didn’t pass a bond in 2014, it failed.

Never said it was true or false.  Just said I heard.  If it's not true, then I appreciate the truth.  So, good for them.  They were smart!  Again, nothing said in any of these post supporting this massive $156,000,000 bond would educate one child!

10 hours ago, Reagan said:

It's been reported that Bridge City ISD is having to cut programs.  It's due to financial difficulties they are in from their 2014 bond passage!

This is the hidden content, please

The closer truth is probably that the $25 million bond that was rejected in 2014 will now be a $46.1 bond issue vote in May.

By the way, news of the 2014 no vote was not that hard to find.

7 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

The closer truth is probably that the $25 million bond that was rejected in 2014 will now be a $46.1 bond issue vote in May.

By the way, news of the 2014 no vote was not that hard to find.

Thanks for the info!

10 hours ago, Reagan said:

Never said it was true or false.  Just said I heard.  If it's not true, then I appreciate the truth.  So, good for them.  They were smart!  Again, nothing said in any of these post supporting this massive $156,000,000 bond would educate one child!

You said it was reported. Who reported it? What programs? You state BCISD is having financial issues and having to cut programs, implying that is something NISD will have to do.

2 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Can't stand liars and manipulators.

Just tell the TRUTH.

If you don't think Nederland ISD needs everthing spelled out in this Bond Package (AND MORE) then you must not have been to ANY of their campuses in the last 50 years. 

Needs to one is purely wants to another.  Majority of what's in this massive bond will not educate one child. 

7 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Heck of a lot more to education that pencils and paper.

Did you know that they don't even have text books in most schools now?

And it's going to take $156,000,000 to solve this, if true?   Everything on the smaller bond side is a want.

6 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Needs to one is purely wants to another.  Majority of what's in this massive bond will not educate one child. 

This is not true at all. Aside from the basic listed on the district website, I don't know the details of what will be addressed in the bond. However, TEA sets standards for optimal education performance. Areas short of these standards hinders education performance determined by TEA. The infrastructure of a school building dictates the level of technology related education and educational growth that is needed in the advanced learning environment of today such as computer labs, smart board interactive technologies, chemistry and biology specific labs, etc. Classroom sizes are mandated from TEA to accommodated the growing needs within a classroom. Proper climate control, indoor air quality, etc contributes to a healthier environment which contributes to better education. The education advantages go way beyond the brick and mortar. I can provide plenty of supporting data if needed. 

Furthermore, I'd be willing to bet if you survey the students that have spent years in an old school, then moved into a new school you'd see increased motivation. 

13 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Technology, it is a crazy concept, but you might want to embrace it. I really think it is here to stay.

Progress, it really is a good thing. But, when you haven't kept up, it cost a little more than it should to catch up.

Let me repeat what the President of the school board has said: "President of the board, Suzanne Isom, stated this in a "Meet The Candidate" article: “I’m proud of the kids and how they’ve scored on tests,” she said. “Their grades and knowledge have increased."  Now this doesn't sound like she thinks the students are lacking.  So, are you saying without this massive bond of $156,000,000 Nederland students are going without the latest and greatest technology?  Is there a mass exodus of students because of this the school district is lacking on the educational front.  Mrs. isom doesn't think so.   Heck, if this is the case, then why the want of building a new high school?!