Nederland Bond PASSES!!!!

Bigdog

14 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I

They did both

maybe some of the PNG folks can clear that up since its been a while, but I don't remember them doing anything really with the away stands other than take the stands out of the endzone, which were split half and half home/away.  Maybe my memory is going.  That is a  possibility. :) , 

I’m happy for the Bulldogs and their fans.  But being an old timer, and loving tradition, I do hope y’all continue to water it from Thursday night until just before game time.  I realize it won’t help much, but still, I hate to see an old tradition die out :) 

Congrat Dogs.

6 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’m happy for the Bulldogs and their fans.  But being an old timer, and loving tradition, I do hope y’all continue to water it from Thursday night until just before game time.  I realize it won’t help much, but still, I hate to see an old tradition die out :) 

Congrat Dogs.

Nederland needs to build a giant statute, not to any coach, but to a sprinkler. PNG can make one of an Ipad. 

11 hours ago, Hagar said:

Congrat Dogs.

Nederland FD just got a new pumper truck ,  I am sure the district can borrow it.  :)

On 5/7/2019 at 3:49 PM, bigdog said:

maybe some of the PNG folks can clear that up since its been a while, but I don't remember them doing anything really with the away stands other than take the stands out of the endzone, which were split half and half home/away.  Maybe my memory is going.  That is a  possibility. :) , 

It's unclear to me what exactly what was accomplished by getting rid of the endzone stands at PNG. It improved the atmosphere to have seating all over. I guess the removal did make the track more usable for other sports. 

PNG originally was going to rework the visitors stands but they waited so long from the original bids to the actual work time that prices went up and we had to cut the brickwAll that was going to go all the way around the stadium, the pro shop on the home side and least importantly the visitors stands ... lol

The all-knowing Klein (Hail Klein!) came out predicting that NISD is going to throw up a new admin building that wasn't included in the bond proposal.  Can we revisit the subject when they break ground on the new admin building, or the construction phase is wrapped up (without the admin building)?

It'll be fun to see what actually happens. 

17 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The all-knowing Klein (Hail Klein!) came out predicting that NISD is going to throw up a new admin building that wasn't included in the bond proposal.  Can we revisit the subject when they break ground on the new admin building, or the construction phase is wrapped up (without the admin building)?

He also said said the bond would get shot down 60/40 or even 70/30...see how accurate he was on that one...

30 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The soon to be old high school would make a good administration building 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Somebody correct me, but I’m pretty sure they’re demolishing the high school (also the newest school in the district) and building a new one... isn’t that correct?

That's correct but I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels they could do something with the building

22 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

He is as right about that as he was about whether the bond would pass or not, so consider the source.  LOL

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2019 at 2:37 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Good job Ned! 

I'll never understand how some ppl say they care about the kids and their future but whine and complain when it's time to put it to fruition. 

PAISD spends more per student than any other ISD in Texas.  That's a lot of "care" that isn't yielding results that anybody would brag about.  High taxes and new construction don't show care... Having kids with with your wife does.  Not being on welfare does, too.  Making sure to get your affairs in order before starting a family shows a ton of "care." Staying out of prison and taking care of your responsibilities shows a LOT of care.  Holding down a job that provides health insurance for your kid(s) is a great sign of affection.  Voting for a tax increase that will covered by your neighbors and industry is a really, really lazy way to show how much a person cares about their kids. 

My thing is this.... People have different opinions.  The fact is that your opinion over what I should do with my money is not needed.  That's the whole problem with tax-and-spenders.... they always believe that they can change the world and make it a better place.... all they need is everybody else's money. 

48 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

PAISD spends more per student than any other ISD in Texas.  That's a lot of "care" that isn't yielding results that anybody would brag about.  High taxes and new construction don't show care... Having kids with with your wife does.  Not being on welfare does, too.  Making sure to get your affairs in order before starting a family shows a ton of "care." Staying out of prison and taking care of your responsibilities shows a LOT of care.  Holding down a job that provides health insurance for your kid(s) is a great sign of affection.  Voting for a tax increase that will covered by your neighbors and industry is a really, really lazy way to show how much a person cares about their kids. 

My thing is this.... People have different opinions.  The fact is that your opinion over what I should do with my money is not needed.  That's the whole problem with tax-and-spenders.... they always believe that they can change the world and make it a better place.... all they need is everybody else's money. 

Congrats to Ned on their bond passing again. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

The TAXPAYERS of Nederland voted for this, overwhelmingly.   This is why it was put to a vote and approved by the taxpayers, not the school district.  Your taxes go to services you use just like everyone else in this town.  You aren't the only one putting up money for better schools and facilities for the district that will be used by every child in NISD.   If you want to be a town of one, move out to the boonies and elect yourself mayor, city council and school district superintendent.