Nederland Bond PASSES!!!!

Bigdog

8 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Surprisingly more voted for turf

BREAKING NEWS: Nederland Bond issue passes. Both propositions passed: 

Prop A (New school and improvements)
2,514 - For - 63.28%
1,459 - Against - 36.72%

Prop B (New stadium turf and improvements)
2,548 - For - 64.26%
1,417 Against - 35.74%

I wonder what Klein is thinking tonight he had this going 60/40 against the bond 

9 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Probably not till 2020 but Micah will have a better idea of the timeline

I wish this year. Vidor started their turf laying just recently. But I’m sure they are going to do all upgrades at one time.. can’t wait to see a big Nederland N at the 50 yard line on that turf. No more mud bowl games, 

23 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

I wish this year. Vidor started their turf laying just recently. But I’m sure they are going to do all upgrades at one time.. can’t wait to see a big Nederland N at the 50 yard line on that turf. No more mud bowl games, 

Amen Brother!!! Not everyone can swim!

On 5/5/2019 at 8:06 AM, navydawg31 said:

It will depend on how fast the get surveys  and design done and such.   I would like to see at least the restrooms and the turf done this year but I want them to do it right.

13 minutes ago, A BUC 77 said:

Modified seating was mentioned on the list of changes for the stadium.  What exactly does that mean.  Adding seats.  Stadium seating. 

They will be modifying seating to be ADA compliant  (wheelchair and limited mobility access).   I am not sure if they will be adding additional seating or not,  one of the Mosleys might be able to answer that better than I can.

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

They will be modifying seating to be ADA compliant  (wheelchair and limited mobility access).   I am not sure if they will be adding additional seating or not,  one of the Mosleys might be able to answer that better than I can.

It had been mentioned in one of the community meetings that they wanted to add some additional seating so they didn’t lose any seating capacity...I don’t think the plan is to increase capacity just to replace what’s lost.  What will be interesting is how season tickets are handled for those that will lose their seat to an ADA mod.

Why add more seats to visiting side? Leave visitor side alone. Only do the ada mods to that side with new and more bathrooms. Home side should be adding to both sides players entrance and scoreboard side. Looking at that picture I see a perfect place for a players locker room to be added. So let’s hopefully be able to get that done if the other projects come in underbid. 

Again this is all just a preliminary idea of what they could/would want to do.  I agree that an expanded visitor side is only going to come into play once every 2 years at MCM.  Typically other visiting schools (except maybe Vidor on occasion) don’t even fill up the main section at midfield.

8 minutes ago, bigdog said:

They can extend those shorter stands on the ends up and add quite a few seats.  That would be fine by me.

How about making the seats wider than 15 inches.  I swear that half of the people that come to the game can't sit on their cushion/seats cause they do not fit.

3 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Whatever they decide to do I hope they don't make it like PNG's visitor side like when they did the renovations back in 2009.

They really didn’t do anything with the visitors side other than keep it smaller on purpose. :)