Top Coaches

Exactly. Was having a discussion with someone about coaches that have been at different programs in the area and successfully built programs at them. Is it the talent or the teacher that brings out talent. Coach S at EC is great example. Built 3 programs gets the most out of the talent. What does his huddle/practice look like that just keeps winning? As a coach you never try to stop learning from people that are the top in their field whether it be a drill or something like that. Just getting thoughts of people who watch a lot of basketball. 

I agree, but think it is comparing apples to oranges....  What works at Buna wont necessarily work at kountze.... what Works at United wont work at Lumberton....   At the end of the day it is about preperation, putting a plan in place, getting kids to buy in to that plan and execute it....

To answer, there are about 10-15 coaches in this area that I would loved to have my daughters play for.  Each has their own strengths.  I know it is vague, but its the truth IMO.

I guess the only way I could maybe see the question being answered in theory, is if somehow the old Bum Phillips quote could be utilized to see which coaches could pull it off. Updated for today's politically correct climate of course, the original quote was male gender only.

“He/she can take his’n/her',n and beat your’n” . “Or he/she can take your’n and beat his’n/her'n.”

I’m not the smartest cat when it comes to knowing basketball but I will say I’ve been impressed with the girls basketball coach in Hull Daisetta. I don’t even know his first name . Last name is Martin. I’ve been to three of their games this year and was at the one tonight “area playoff game agains Shelbyville” and HD had 8 players total and for the majority of the game he kept the same starters on the court and Sd must have had 10’players. And he was able to coach them girls to a tough win. Pretty cool to see especially with limited depth on the bench.