JERRY PRIETO NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT CROSBY

dillonpanthers

19 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Crosby is open. Riordan has stepped down. He did a great job there. 

Will be interesting to see what kind of interest this job draws with the mess the district is in. 

They have taken the necessary steps to alleviate any further financial concerns. It's tough when you plan for growth and then the state takes away funding because your growth was in a higher income bracket.

It's a good job with good athletes. 

27 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Lots going on. Crosby is a dumpster fire and this will bury their program. Old supt sunk them with bad money management and too much extracurricular activity with the others......

will be interesting to see where Rio lands. 

Just a reminder the dumpster fire still beat Vidor. 

30 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Lots going on. Crosby is a dumpster fire and this will bury their program. Old supt sunk them with bad money management and too much extracurricular activity with the others......

will be interesting to see where Rio lands. 

I wouldn’t call it a complete dumpster fire but yes there is so drama going on. Mainly one side of the tracks can’t get along wit the other but that’s been going on for decades, but wit the athletes they have they will always compete. All they needed last year was a qb. Coaches need to be able to keep their staff and rio was pissed with his being broken up and rumors about his family. We will be down for a couple of years but they will bounce back.... trust me 

22 minutes ago, CCbigfan said:

I wouldn’t call it a complete dumpster fire but yes there is so drama going on. Mainly one side of the tracks can’t get along wit the other but that’s been going on for decades, but wit the athletes they have they will always compete. All they needed last year was a qb. Coaches need to be able to keep their staff and rio was pissed with his being broken up and rumors about his family. We will be down for a couple of years but they will bounce back.... trust me 

You underestimate the value of Rio. He was the glue. It starts going downhill today, the athletes start moving to Dayton or Huffman, and Crosby settles in as a 5 or 6 win a year type of team. 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

You underestimate the value of Rio. He was the glue. It starts going downhill today, the athletes start moving to Dayton or Huffman, and Crosby settles in as a 5 or 6 win a year type of team. 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

Trust I’m not underestimating his value at I’m a rio guy that has always supported what he was doing here. His program even helped my son go to school at no cost to me and I will be forever grateful but the new super is an a$$hole and I wouldn’t coach for him either. But as someone from the community I’m here to tell you Crosby will bounce back. We won’t go 0-10 like our rivals lol 

38 minutes ago, CCbigfan said:

Trust I’m not underestimating his value at I’m a rio guy that has always supported what he was doing here. His program even helped my son go to school at no cost to me and I will be forever grateful but the new super is an a$$hole and I wouldn’t coach for him either. But as someone from the community I’m here to tell you Crosby will bounce back. We won’t go 0-10 like our rivals lol 

With the current situation at Crosby, you guys will be lucky to hire a guy who was a coordinator at a 3A last year. Especially when they slash the salary for “financial reasons”. 

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Sounds about right.  Seems to be the trend...  Dayton, Lumberton, Vidor...  

That’s because you have people who only want to come on here and talk trash when their team is winning. Then there’s the others who just love High School football talk and support their team as well.