Beaumont United 45 Galena Park North Shore 42/FINAL

WOSgrad

Congrats!  Warms my heart to see these kids and coach go and win in that hostile environment against the highly ranked NS Mustangs, even though many early was super crucial on the United coaching staff.  Waiting on those detractors to give their feedback.  Or maybe they were watching a Mid county game...  

Great job players and coach, both boys and girls. You have started something great, I say this with much LOVE I worked the Central campus and the Ozen lol and some Lil Brook, some know what I mean Brook not West Brook , even played at HEBERT you make me feel like I'm walking the Panther grounds when watching you and walking your campus with you 

Thank You

Champions make Champions 

What about the future?  How far can United go?  Nobody in 3 is ranked higher than North Shore going into this game.  San Antonio?  In the first year of existence?  Surely it will be either United or North Shore.

Memorial has climbed to No. 7.  They are the highest ranked team in Region 3 with Barbers Hill right behind.

Silsbee of course is the highest ranked team in Region 3 and I think the favorite to go to San Antonio.

Three area schools at the State Tournament?  That would be remarkable.  I hope it happens.

FYI.  I'm stretching it a bit and claiming North Shore and Barbers Hill each as an "area school"  but I refuse to call Yates that.  How's that for selective logic!

54 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

What about the future?  How far can United go?  Nobody in 3 is ranked higher than North Shore going into this game.  San Antonio?  In the first year of existence?  Surely it will be either United or North Shore.

Memorial has climbed to No. 7.  They are the highest ranked team in Region 3 with Barbers Hill right behind.

Silsbee of course is the highest ranked team in Region 3 and I think the favorite to go to San Antonio.

Three area schools at the State Tournament?  That would be remarkable.  I hope it happens.

FYI.  I'm stretching it a bit and claiming North Shore and Barbers Hill each as an "area school"  but I refuse to call Yates that.  How's that for selective logic!

Neither North Shore nor United will be favored in Region III in my opinion.   North shore is the highest rated based on record, but that is a very tough region.  Morton Ranch, Dickinson, Summer Creek, Elkins, Sam Houston, etc, are all tough teams.  Not saying BU or NS couldn’t make it make it out of that region, but it would be surprising if they did.  

2 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

Don’t forget EC

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Neither North Shore nor United will be favored in Region III in my opinion.   North shore is the highest rated based on record, but that is a very tough region.  Morton Ranch, Dickinson, Summer Creek, Elkins, Sam Houston, etc, are all tough teams.  Not saying BU or NS couldn’t make it make it out of that region, but it would be surprising if they did.  

I was just discussing this with a fellow Central alum.  His son is the star player on Morton Ranch.  Both of agreed that region 3 is a grindhouse.  But they beat Cinco Ranch 3 times, the same Cinco Ranch team that have United it's worst loss all season.  

But I think United is peaking at the right time.  

3 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

North Shore has lost some of their steam after the loss to United in Beaumont.  I don't think NS will be a factor.  I dint even think they'll make the regional tournament...United just needs to keep playing good ball and getting better.  Good thing about the playoffs is those other guys need to play good ball too or they'll be going fishing early as well.  

Memorial is good, really good, but it just don't sit well for me with the close games with the Ant Mound.  The Memorial team last year, you seen early that those guys were special and had an extra gear they always went to in the 4th period.  

Silsbee is a runaway freight train to state.  But there, it concerns me if they meet a team with length or a team with a dominant and skilled big man.  But I'm sure they'll cross that bridge when they get to it.  Because Silsbee will be the most experienced team at the tournament regardless of classification, imo...

What did EC lose from last year's team?

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

North Shore has lost some of their steam after the loss to United in Beaumont.  I don't think NS will be a factor.  I dint even think they'll make the regional tournament...United just needs to keep playing good ball and getting better.  Good thing about the playoffs is those other guys need to play good ball too or they'll be going fishing early as well.  

Memorial is good, really good, but it just don't sit well for me with the close games with the Ant Mound.  The Memorial team last year, you seen early that those guys were special and had an extra gear they always went to in the 4th period.  

Silsbee is a runaway freight train to state.  But there, it concerns me if they meet a team with length or a team with a dominant and skilled big man.  But I'm sure they'll cross that bridge when they get to it.  Because Silsbee will be the most experienced team at the tournament regardless of classification, imo...

What did EC lose from last year's team?

Nothing.