Lumberton 38 West Orange-Stark 35/FINAL

WOSgrad

I've seen a lot of basketball games where the 5 best athletes didn't win the game. In the Lumberton vs WOS matchup Lumberton had to control the tempo to win which they did. If the game had been a fast paced one I would have liked WOS chances. From what I saw this year if you put both these clubs through an athletic combine the Mustangs I think would score the highest. That's JMO, that and a dollar would buy you a cup of coffee. 

3 hours ago, Sportsfan1999 said:

Lumberton beat them twice because they had a great game plan. WOS has 3 guys who are pretty athletic and prob a kid who is top 3 best players in the district. 

Wait, what? Top 3 best player in the district? I don’t know much about the game of basketball, but I’m pretty sure all 3 of the best players in this district are on the Maroon and White team. 

I saw WOS play in EC tourney and #11 was athletic and could jump through the roof, but (at least the two games I watched) was not a great basketball player. He was avg the games I watched, missed some easy layups and put backs all game long. 

What is up with WOS coach not allowing players to shoot three pointers except in the corners? Why would you setup an offense to where the defense know that I don’t need to close out except in this area of the floor? Makes no sense to me.

I will agree he is good but I have trouble putting him ahead of any of those three Tigers.  His height is his plus over any of them.  Truthfully for me I could care less about where we think a player ranks amongst his peers.  What matters is that they rank well enough with the recruiters both on and off the court to get a chance to play at the next level and get an education.

• 1 month later...

And here’s the video of that shot.  Coach Rideaux told #5, Matt Graves (near side), “We’re going to isolate you on the weak side, get you the ball, and you’ll win the game for us.  

This is the hidden content, please

And yes, G’pa was a nervous wreck :)