Silsbee 81 Hardin-Jefferson 55/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Very one sided.  Do you look for same type results in the next 20 games?

I would be wrong if I said Silsbee will have a heck of freshman class next year and the year after. I hope we can win it this year again for the 3 peat. I see Silsbee having some more trips to Austin with the current 7th and 8th grade classes. 

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

I would be wrong if I said Silsbee will have a heck of freshman class next year and the year after. I hope we can win it this year again for the 3 peat. I see Silsbee having some more trips to Austin with the current 7th and 8th grade classes. 

Both had very good seasons. If they continue to work and develop, they could be something special. 

7 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I've watched Yates in person this year. They shoot alot of 3s. The Houston Rockets would be impressed. They hit alot as well scoring 124-93 vs Washington last night. I think Silsbee will only go 3 deep off the bench in the playoffs. Yates district  is very week. 

I started to go to that game. Watching Yates play district games is boring.

I am concerned about Silsbee vs Yates, if they play.  It would be a let down if the Tigers don't get out of region.

But, I was concerned last year too.  That worked out.  Hopefully this season's playoff run will work out as well.

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Not sure why they would go to Austin.

I would prefer them to go to San Antonio.

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I started to go to that game. Watching Yates play district games is boring.

I am concerned about Silsbee vs Yates, if they play.  It would be a let down if the Tigers don't get out of region.

But, I was concerned last year too.  That worked out.  Hopefully this season's playoff run will work out as well.

Silsbee has a longtime before we worry about Yates. They are solid every year!! Very athletic team with solid shooters everywhere. It will be a track meet and since we run 5 guards, we should be fine! 

Passing may be the most important single element for the Tigers going into the playoffs.  The 3's may not be falling and the matchups may be bad but there's two things you can always do, hustle and make good passes.  When the Silsbee passing game is clicking it's a thing of beauty.  For Tigers fans tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters are a waste of money.

I think the Hawks should experiment with a more deliberate game.  i think they have the personnel to do that.  I think it would give them a better chance against the fast teams in this region.  There were a lot of times when HJ was forcing the action to much.  They should have pulled the ball out and reset.  There's no shot clock and there's no shame in a 2 minute possession.  You're not there to please the opponents fans, you're there to win, by any legal means.