Silsbee 81 Hardin-Jefferson 55/FINAL

WOSgrad

Except for the 4th quarter, Silsbee subs played pretty well.

This is the Silsbee team I hope to see from here on out. You could tell just by body language they wanted to make a statement. Even coach Sig was more animated and vocal tonight.

I like HJ's big man. He didn't look very athletic, but he was a force. They're gonna have to keep him out of foul trouble in big games. It was very obvious Silsbee was trying to get him in foul trouble on purpose. Other teams are bound to do the same thing.

Loved seeing the defense the Tigers played in that first half! Best i have seen this year.  And i believe one Devon McCain showed how much of a difference maker he is.   He was one of the two bi gifferences the other was the way the game was called.  Not near as tight tonight as it was in sour lake.  Hate seeing this group of seniors last game but it has been a heckuva ride.  And we have a few more games to go.

On a side note,  i got to see the production rig for these live broadcasts....quite impressive.   

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

Soild broadcast as well. Well called game. The refs did look confused a lot watching the game. I can see HJ going 3 rounds deep but I can tell you they dont stand a chance vs Yates if the big kid gets in early foul trouble. 

Yates assistant coach was in attendance scouting last night. 

This game was not as close as the score looks. That first half Silsbee dominated both ends of the court. The only thing that didn’t go right was the three point shooting. If Silsbee was to make half their three point attempts it would have been a 30+ half time lead. HJ came out the second half and looked like the HJ of old, running down court, moving the ball around, slashing to the basket, passing the ball. But that didn’t last for three or four minutes until the Tigers put a stop to it. In the fourth Silsbee’s bench players got a lot of playing time against a top ranked team, HJ was able to score points on them but no where near enough. In the end Silsbee was just to talented, to fast, just to good. 

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Yates assistant coach was in attendance scouting last night. 

I've watched Yates in person this year. They shoot alot of 3s. The Houston Rockets would be impressed. They hit alot as well scoring 124-93 vs Washington last night. I think Silsbee will only go 3 deep off the bench in the playoffs. Yates district  is very week. 

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

I've watched Yates in person this year. They shoot alot of 3s. The Houston Rockets would be impressed. They hit alot as well scoring 124-93 vs Washington last night. I think Silsbee will only go 3 deep off the bench in the playoffs. Yates district  is very week. 

Depending on grades and who is on the bence, i would not be surprised to see as many as 11 play significant time in the playoffs.  White, Cartwright, and Sells who all played a good bit last year.  Then you have Thomas who has consistently improved and playing real well lately and adds some length.  You also have Harmon who has been out lately but is back and made  contributions last year in the playoffs and will hopefully fall right back in place.  And you have Gilder as a possibility as he has had a real good year. 

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

Depending on grades and who is on the bence, i would not be surprised to see as many as 11 play significant time in the playoffs.  White, Cartwright, and Sells who all played a good bit last year.  Then you have Thomas who has consistently improved and playing real well lately and adds some length.  You also have Harmon who has been out lately but is back and made  contributions last year in the playoffs and will hopefully fall right back in place.  And you have Gilder as a possibility as he has had a real good year. 

Pray all grades are great!!!