Babies and Borders

Tigers2010

I know it has problem been said, but some things are troubling to me.

Democrats have spent more time and effort negotiation legislation to strengthen the legality of murdering babies than they have trying to fix the border. Everything that comes with illegal immigration is not as important as making sure we can slaughter a baby up until the moment it comes out of a vagina. i'm glad Congress has decided to work for something, but damn. Did you happen to catch the Tran/Tram lady when defending her bill? Watch the video. Even she didn't want to say aloud the evil in which she was proposing. It was pulling teeth to get her to say "yeah, I am proposing killing babies up until the second of delivery."

@TxHoops i need some help with this man.

15 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I know it has problem been said, but some things are troubling to me.

Democrats have spent more time and effort negotiation legislation to strengthen the legality of murdering babies than they have trying to fix the border. Everything that comes with illegal immigration is not as important as making sure we can slaughter a baby up until the moment it comes out of a vagina. i'm glad Congress has decided to work for something, but damn. Did you happen to catch the Tran/Tram lady when defending her bill? Watch the video. Even she didn't want to say aloud the evil in which she was proposing. It was pulling teeth to get her to say "yeah, I am proposing killing babies up until the second of delivery."

@TxHoops i need some help with this man.

I wish I could.  I am troubled as well.  We might have differing views on immigration (probably do) but sounds like we are in agreement on the abortion issue.  

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I wish I could.  I am troubled as well.  We might have differing views on immigration (probably do) but sounds like we are in agreement on the abortion issue.  

I just don't get it. They have refused to get anything done, but yet here we are, back to back days getting these abortion bills done with no issue. Seems like priorities are all outta whack.

24 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I just don't get it. They have refused to get anything done, but yet here we are, back to back days getting these abortion bills done with no issue. Seems like priorities are all outta whack.

The good news for pro-life folks is that it’s almost as if the pro-choicers are trying to give the SCOTUS a chance to flip Roe.   That NY act especially seems like it’s destined to be challenged and heard.  

12 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

The good news for pro-life folks is that it’s almost as if the pro-choicers are trying to give the SCOTUS a chance to flip Roe.   That NY act especially seems like it’s destined to be challenged and heard.  

I am pro-choice. But, I get it. Abortions as a whole will never be totally illegal. But, come on. After a certain point of time it goes from being immoral, to just plain evil. There is absolutely zero legitimate reason to abort after a certain point. 

19 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

I am pro-choice. But, I get it. Abortions as a whole will never be totally illegal. But, come on. After a certain point of time it goes from being immoral, to just plain evil. There is absolutely zero legitimate reason to abort after a certain point. 

I think that Roe vs. Wade will stand. What we’ll see from this Supreme Court is more leeway given to states to regulate it. 

12 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I think that Roe vs. Wade will stand. What we’ll see from this Supreme Court is more leeway given to states to regulate it. 

5 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

The SC doesn't have the authority to give more leeway to the states.

I do agree states should handle abortion...murder is a state crime.

It’s more than just a state crime according to a higher power.

I’m a lil worried where this country is headed especially for my kids and future grandkids.  

Where facts mean nothing

where a beating heart of an innocent baby means nothing.

where citizen protection means nothing

i could go on and on.

Call me what you will.

but there is answers and truth in the history of nations and how they fell/fail. It ll be a while from now I ll be dead but I can see  a type of bloodshed war in this country given the strong hold of those with Christian views and values and those that don’t.   And given how many Americans own weapons both on left and right.  We are on a collision course for something horrific.  The division this country has seen in the last 10 years has really expanded especially since a majority of media outlets have manipulated the listeners.  The psyche has been compromised especially of the younger generation which is the FUTURE.  

If we can get rid of straws, change the name of the Redskins, knock over a few more confederate statues, and find out that Kamala harris is a transgender, things will be looking up.  It would be heavenly if we could find a way to totally confiscate the wealth, guns, and bibles of every white Christian male in this country.

22 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

She don't wanna say it aloud lol

The good news for the GOP is that all you have to do is give the Dems some rope and they will start the self-hanging.  I wonder if turning decent folks’ stomachs is a campaign strategy.   Roe had become a non-issue with a lot of independent, swing voters.  I can’t imagine, however, that these latest atrocities aren’t going to be pushing a lot of those folks to the right side of the aisle.  

11 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

The good news for the GOP is that all you have to do is give the Dems some rope and they will start the self-hanging.  I wonder if turning decent folks’ stomachs is a campaign strategy.   Roe had become a non-issue with a lot of independent, swing voters.  I can’t imagine, however, that these latest atrocities aren’t going to be pushing a lot of those folks to the right side of the aisle.  

Well said, I never even imagined we would be considering something like this.  I agree that it won’t get enough support NOW, but it will be effective to move that line a little further in the sand.

It’s a shame all Democrats don’t have your mindset, Hoops...or Republicans mine, of course.

:)

There is a lot of truth in this article   Republicans controlled the executive and legislative branches for a 6 year period at the beginning of this century and it was crickets about abortion except during election seasons.  I suspect it is a minority in Washington that really care about this issue, except when it can further their own political career.   And I really believe that goes to the very top.  

This is the hidden content, please

3 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

The SC doesn't have the authority to give more leeway to the states.

I do agree states should handle abortion...murder is a state crime.

Louisiana is appealing a state law right now to the Supreme Court similar to the one Texas had overturned a year or two ago. States can set parameters, but they must pass constitutional muster as interpreted by the Supreme Court.  I'm saying the new court will be more open to states' modifications of abortion policy.

33 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Louisiana is appealing a state law right now to the Supreme Court similar to the one Texas had overturned a year or two ago. States can set parameters, but they must pass constitutional muster as interpreted by the Supreme Court.  I'm saying the new court will be more open to states' modifications of abortion policy.

No, that’s not what you said which is why I disagreed.

18 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

No, that’s not what you said which is why I disagreed.

Give more leeway is what I said, meaning where the Texas law was overturned by the previous court, the Louisiana law may not be by this new court. Did you just have to disagree because a liberal said it?

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

There is a lot of truth in this article   Republicans controlled the executive and legislative branches for a 6 year period at the beginning of this century and it was crickets about abortion except during election seasons.  I suspect it is a minority in Washington that really care about this issue, except when it can further their own political career.   And I really believe that goes to the very top.  

This is the hidden content, please

Agree on all points...Republicans are cowards on this issue and there are very few that make it a priority.

Some say, we as Republicans don't want to dictate social issues to others.  This is not a simply a social issue to me, it is an attack on the sanctity of life...the most innocent of life.

Everyone is up in arms over the latest legislation from Kathy Tran, as they should be, but what is hypocritical about the "pro-life" Republican lawmakers to me is, why haven't you been up in arms about this issue all along?

Tran's bill simply put a more graphic face on abortion, the result is still the same.

It's sad that so-called pro-life Republicans are more concerned with losing moderate votes than they are about meeting this issue head on.

23 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Agree on all points...Republicans are cowards on this issue and there are very few that make it a priority.

Some say, we as Republicans don't want to dictate social issues to others.  This is not a simply a social issue to me, it is an attack on the sanctity of life...the most innocent of life.

Everyone is up in arms over the latest legislation from Kathy Tran, as they should be, but what is hypocritical about the "pro-life" Republican lawmakers to me is, why haven't you been up in arms about this issue all along?

Tran's bill simply put a more graphic face on abortion, the result is still the same.

It's sad that so-called pro-life Republicans are more concerned with losing moderate votes that they are about meeting this issue head on.

My thoughts precisely.  You and I also believe that a day of reckoning is coming, even if it’s not brought by the voters.  To me, the hypocrisy is sickening, although admittedly less so than the recent legislation.  We can only pray that recent events will backfire on those who champion immorality and actually force more than lip service from those who have been content to offer it, without any action.   The Lord does move in mysterious ways.  That’s the only solace I can find anyway :) 

15 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

My thoughts precisely.  You and I also believe that a day of reckoning is coming, even if it’s not brought by the voters.  To me, the hypocrisy is sickening, although admittedly less so than the recent legislation.  We can only pray that recent events will backfire on those who champion immorality and actually force more than lip service from those who have been content to offer it, without any action.   The Lord does move in mysterious ways.  That’s the only solace I can find anyway :) 

Sometimes that’s all we got...but it’s enough.

Good, and accurate, post.

50 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

No, I disagreed because it is incorrect.

I want to know why you think what I said is incorrect.  A more conservative court is going to be more sympathetic to states’ rights than a liberal court. That means more leeway in enforcing federal law. I’m not talking politics here, I’m talking about the law and it’s interpretation.