Warren 54 Hardin 48/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, GoFundMe said:

I believe exactly opposite warren alumni...

they are (3 years consecutive) fighting for a playoff spot.  The previous two years consisted of a different somewhat tougher schedule I guess you’d say and they finished just short of the playoffs - this year they will have won many more non district games which built confidence and now poised again to fight for a playoff spot - needless to say, this team isn’t as good as the two that preceded it.  Your theory needs revision. 

By the way, when Warren loses to Kirbyville tomorrow....should warren have played a tougher non - district schedule ?

Better yet....what caused warren to lose by 11 to Hardin the first go round? 

You guys unknowingly are talking out of both sides of your mouth. Hardin will finish no less than t-4 and be in the hunt (3 years in a row).  But....for some strange reason, that upsets a lot of you setx members....can somebody explain that phenomenon? Why ? 

Hardin going to the line 32 times vs. Warren only shooting 6 free throws is a start.

25 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Wasn’t there either.  Sounds like they cracked a bit under pressure.  I’ve only seen them once but they played pretty sound and within themselves.  Held the ball and were disciplined in sticking to a game plan of slowing the game down tremendously.  Other than that, I have no baseline to judge, other than seeing their scores like everyone else. 

My point would be, basketball IQ comes a great deal from coaching, because you develop one by learning/studying the game. To praise a coach and say his players have very low basketball IQs is a bit contradictory, especially late in a season.  

Gotcha.  I agree with that. I know that when I was in college we spent about 20 minutes of every practice working strictly on situational basketball. I know it's a lot different when you throw a shot clock in the mix but my point still remains.  Have to learn how to handle those situations somehow.  Most kids don't watch basketball and when they do..they aren't watching it for learning purposes. 

27 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Hardin going to the line 32 times vs. Warren only shooting 6 free throws is a start.

I hate when this is thrown out there, by the way.  This can be attributed solely to the style of play.  I've seen from several posters on here several times that Hardin slows the ball way down and plays very slow, half court basketball.  A team that does that is not going to foul a lot in the first place.

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I hate when this is thrown out there, by the way.  This can be attributed solely to the style of play.  I've seen from several posters on here several times that Hardin slows the ball way down and plays very slow, half court basketball.  A team that does that is not going to foul a lot in the first place.

I have seen Hardin and Warren this year. Play similar styles.

And, like the proud Hardin poster has stated many times, Hardin is not very athletic. Therefore I can see the so called slow footed players having to foul when playing defense. Why? Because the proud Hardin fan has stated that the players have a low basketball IQ and would not know how to position themselves defensively to avoid fouling.

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

And, like the proud Hardin poster has stated many times, Hardin is not very athletic. Therefore I can see the so called slow footed players having to foul when playing defense. Why? Because the proud Hardin fan has stated that the players have a low basketball IQ and would not know how to position themselves defensively to avoid fouling.

Gotcha.  I wasn't aware they played similar styles.. my apologies.  It was more of a knee jerk reaction to times I've seen that comment made previously by fans looking for something to blame a loss on. Not saying you were doing that.

To add to points made by both of us.  Wasn't Warren missing some players in that first game?  I thought I read that.  If so.  I don't know how deep Warren's bench is but it may be possible that Warren had kids on the floor that "would not know how to position themselves defensively to avoid fouling."  Correct?  

8 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Gotcha.  I wasn't aware they played similar styles.. my apologies.  It was more of a knee jerk reaction to times I've seen that comment made previously.

To add to points made by both of us.  Wasn't Warren missing some players in that first game?  I thought I read that.  If so.  I don't know how deep Warren's bench is but it may be possible that Warren had kids on the floor that "would not know how to position themselves defensively to avoid fouling."  Correct?  

Only missing one player for this game. Don't think they were missing any players in the first game.

Warren was short handed for their win, not their loss.

I know confidence is a huge part of the game but scheduling 20 games against sub par competition isn't confidence building, it builds bad habits. A slow cross court pass against a vastly inferior opponent results in a score for you. Against an equal opponent it results in a turnover, my point is your kids don't learn this if they don't play equal opponents. I don't know the Harin kids at all but I believe their PG is also their QB. Odds are his Sports IQ is through the roof. On Tuesday Hardin had a 4 point lead and Warrens best three players were on the bench with less than a minute left. You'll never convince me that a little tougher schedule wouldn't prepare your team for this situation. The foul count on Tuesday was a little one sided but it was more because of defensive styles than it was officiating. It wasn't 32 to 6 one sided though.

11 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I know confidence is a huge part of the game but scheduling 20 games against sub par competition isn't confidence building, it builds bad habits. A slow cross court pass against a vastly inferior opponent results in a score for you. Against an equal opponent it results in a turnover, my point is your kids don't learn this if they don't play equal opponents. I don't know the Harin kids at all but I believe their PG is also their QB. Odds are his Sports IQ is through the roof. On Tuesday Hardin had a 4 point lead and Warrens best three players were on the bench with less than a minute left. You'll never convince me that a little tougher schedule wouldn't prepare your team for this situation. The foul count on Tuesday was a little one sided but it was more because of defensive styles than it was officiating. It wasn't 32 to 6 one sided though.

I think the original points that were made regarding the schedule was that last year and the year prior Hardin scheduled a tougher preseason schedule than this year.  By quite a stretch.  And it seems as though the year's outcome is going to be identical. Tied for 4th at best.  The preseason schedule didn't help them last year just like it didn't help a few other teams in the district this year.  

I also think that the 32 - 6 foul count was in reference to the first time that they played.  Not this time.

The 32 to 6 reference was free throws attempted in the first game not total fouls. I havent seen Kirbyville play this year so I have no idea if Warren will win or lose that game. I do think that had Hardin prepared a little better schedule they would have beaten Kirbyville last week instead of losing by two and Warren on Tuesday instead of losing by six. Warren and Hardin are pretty evenly matched when all their players are on the floor. At best they are a fourth place team in this district. In my opinion, take it for what it's worth, there is no way this Hardin club should lose to Warren when They have a 4 point lead and Warrens 3 best players have either fouled out or are not playing with less than a minute remaining. I do know Hardins roster shows 5 seniors on their roster so I wouldn't think their confidence would be that shaky. I do have to give the Hardin kids credit, they were a very well behaved group , there was a good crowd and it was a exciting ballgame.

55 minutes ago, whsalum said:

The 32 to 6 reference was free throws attempted in the first game not total fouls. I havent seen Kirbyville play this year so I have no idea if Warren will win or lose that game. I do think that had Hardin prepared a little better schedule they would have beaten Kirbyville last week instead of losing by two and Warren on Tuesday instead of losing by six. Warren and Hardin are pretty evenly matched when all their players are on the floor. At best they are a fourth place team in this district. In my opinion, take it for what it's worth, there is no way this Hardin club should lose to Warren when They have a 4 point lead and Warrens 3 best players have either fouled out or are not playing with less than a minute remaining. I do know Hardins roster shows 5 seniors on their roster so I wouldn't think their confidence would be that shaky. I do have to give the Hardin kids credit, they were a very well behaved group , there was a good crowd and it was a exciting ballgame.

Hardin did not lose to Kirbyville

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Glad you are starting to come around to my points.  Thought I was going to have to lead you to water and force you to drink.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I corrected my earlier post. Warren was only missing a player in this game (a win). Not in the first game (a loss).

What is it AAW that fires you up about Hardin? Do you not like the coach or the town ? I'm curious to know what causes you to get bent sideways when it comes to anything related to Hardin.....

9 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

He picked Hardin to cover the -3

Yes, I thought they would pull the upset. I was wrong, just like I was wrong on 10 other games Tuesday night.

But, I was right to make Warren a favorite in the game even though they lost to Hardin the first time by 11. Something about that 32-6 free throw advantage the first time.

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Yes, I thought they would pull the upset. I was wrong, just like I was wrong on 10 other games Tuesday night.

But, I was right to make Warren a favorite in the game even though they lost to Hardin the first time by 11. Something about that 32-6 free throw advantage the first time.

I thought for a minute in the game that it was going to be exactly that (warren -3)