Evadale 57 West Hardin 54/FINAL

WOSgrad

On 2/5/2019 at 9:50 AM, Westhardin4prez said:

Is the coach the one scoring the buckets???????

It doesn't matter. This coach has these kids prepared for literally anything another team may throw at them. Say for some reason he leaves before next season, and they get a random coach to fill the spot. They don't even come close to playoffs. Coaching goes a long way.

3 hours ago, Honest_Oiler said:

It doesn't matter. This coach has these kids prepared for literally anything another team may throw at them. Say for some reason he leaves before next season, and they get a random coach to fill the spot. They don't even come close to playoffs. Coaching goes a long way.

How many seniors will they be losing this year?

3 minutes ago, Honest_Oiler said:

Happened several years ago with the current coaches son leaving. Brought in some trash kid to coach and they missed playoffs. Coaching matters.

Or a few years before that with I think it was Henry coaching. If you give that squad the current coach, they go several rounds deep. Can't stress the importance of coaching enough.

7 hours ago, Honest_Oiler said:

Happened several years ago with the current coaches son leaving. Brought in some trash kid to coach and they missed playoffs. Coaching matters.

Un huh.. I guess they had every kid returning from the year before?  Didn't even lose one?  Same district?  Other district teams had the same exact kids?

Coaching matters a little bit.. but good coaches can't win without players.

12 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Un huh.. I guess they had every kid returning from the year before?  Didn't even lose one?  Same district?  Other district teams had the same exact kids?

Coaching matters a little bit.. but good coaches can't win without players.

I disagree (which is fine, just an opinion), but WH blew Spurger out by 40+ every game, returning players for both teams, except WH coach went to Spurger. Spurger was untouchable. I’m not saying this is the case for every single team, just the above instance and I fully believe this team as well for sure. This isn’t a super talented team.

• 2 weeks later...