Beaumont West Brook 41 Beaumont United 42/FINAL

WOSgrad

This is the hidden content, please

Man this holding the ball ish is for the birds. This is not basketball!

High School basketball needs a shot clock. United has held the ball without dribbling for the past two minutes. West Brook isn't even trying to play defense.

Very very sloppy game.  The holding the ball was started by WB in the first half, they were up by 2 I believe.  United went up by like 5 and did it.  Only reason United went to it wasn't to take time off the clock, but to get WB out of that zone defense.  Took WB a while to come out of it and start attacking, but they finally did.  

I think this game, the coaches should've just let them play and quit dictating the tempo.  Very few transition buckets, no dunks and a lot of pass, pass, pass and holding the ball.  And United needs to work on their free throws.  I was really impressed with WB's Big men.  Big 6'8" and Slim Thug Jr. clogged up the middle on the defensive end. I just don't know how you can beat NS by double digits and struggle to this team.  Ohh well, I hope it a all out their system...

10 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Very very sloppy game.  The holding the ball was started by WB in the first half, they were up by 2 I believe.  United went up by like 5 and did it.  Only reason United went to it wasn't to take time off the clock, but to get WB out of that zone defense.  Took WB a while to come out of it and start attacking, but they finally did.  

I think this game, the coaches should've just let them play and quit dictating the tempo.  Very few transition buckets, no dunks and a lot of pass, pass, pass and holding the ball.  And United needs to work on their free throws.  I was really impressed with WB's Big men.  Big 6'8" and Slim Thug Jr. clogged up the middle on the defensive end. I just don't know how you can beat NS by double digits and struggle to this team.  Ohh well, I hope it a all out their system...

Looks like free throws won them the game.

Check this out...Beaumont United won a game tonight despite going 2/13 from the field in the 2nd half! They did so by going 16/23 from the line! Wow!

16/23    70%

That's not bad.

11 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

59 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Check this out...Beaumont United won a game tonight despite going 2/13 from the field in the 2nd half! They did so by going 16/23 from the line! Wow!

16/23    70%

That's not bad.

Either way, good win.  We shouldn't have to see WB anymore this year.  Time to focus on the rest of the district, getting better and trying to get this district championship just as the girls have done...

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

16/23    70%

That's not bad.

They missed a ton the rest of the game, exception 4th period...  I though the percentage was lower.  Yea, I saw them knock some down in the last few minutes..