Port Neches-Groves 61 Nederland 51/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 minutes ago, oldman said:

Hmmm.  Nederland seems to be struggling if late

I dunno what's been up lately

Got themselves in big holes against PAM and BH. Then had to have comeback wins against Cleveland and Vidor. One thing I've noticed is teams seem to be more physical against Ned lately and they haven't responded well

50 minutes ago, oldman said:

Hefner having an off night or is PNG defending him well like BH did

Brady Nail did a hell of a job defensively against Hefner. PNG’s Trent Lee got hot and stayed hot. PNG out rebounded Ned. Nederland just not as talented as in the past but they never gave up and fought hard till the final buzzer.

11 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

I never said Nail was a D1 defender. I just said he did a hell of a job defending Hefner. When Nail was defending him Hefner couldn’t get going. I was just giving Nail kudos for playing a hell of a defensive game tonight. 

Apparently Coach, some of the locals don’t appreciate a good defensive player.  Like when Ltown held Bridges of LCM down to 8 points when he was Avg about 28 a game.  A good defender is worth his/her weight in gold.

23 minutes ago, oldman said:

When Nederland played BH who defended Hefner.   They held him to 5 points....

Dude, what is your problem? Can you not accept the fact that Nail had a great defensive night against a great BBall player? I’m not degrading Hefner. Nail probably just played the defensive game of his life. And no , Nail is not my son. But I will give praise to a kid who deserves it.

38 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Apparently Coach, some of the locals don’t appreciate a good defensive player.  Like when Ltown held Bridges of LCM down to 8 points when he was Avg about 28 a game.  A good defender is worth his/her weight in gold.   

I think you all are missing what I'm really saying. My guess would be that PNG and BH both don't have D1 caliber players but yet they shut down a D1 prospect. All I'm saying is a D1 player doesn't let someone shut them down.  No excuse for BH or PNG to hold Hefner under double digits in scoring.