Silsbee 105 West Orange-Stark 71/FINlAL

WOSgrad

22 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Feel like WOS could have a good basketball program if the head coach wasn't crazy.

When you make Coach Brooks look fairly quiet an sedate by comparison, you have a problem.

I don't like the way Silsbee just jacks up 3s and doesn't always get back on defense when the game is well in control. Lost the dunk count because of that. Need to keep the same intensity for 4 quarters, no matter the score or who is out there playing.

I liked the WO-S coach's fire.  He got on their case and should have.  He rode the refs and he had every right to do that.  But in the grand scheme of things, he knew they couldn't beat Silsbee once if they played this team 10 times, but he wanted his team to play hard.  I have no problem with that at all...

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I liked the WO-S coach's fire.  He got on their case and should have.  He rode the refs and he had every right to do that.  But in the grand scheme of things, he knew they couldn't beat Silsbee once if they played this team 10 times, but he wanted his team to play hard.  I have no problem with that at all...

I agree.  He reminds me a bit of PNG’s coach - both are loud and animated.  I have been thoroughly entertained by them both.  

It was an entertaining game anyway.  WOS will be a worthy 3rd or 4th place team in our district.  I think they even have a chance at a first round upset victory if they can come in 3rd and not have to play a district winner.  They suited out only 8 I think and played all 8.  The 3 subs played pretty well though.  And 8 man rotation is fine against most teams so that won't be a problem.

The Tigers needed to win this one by something in the mid 30's and they did.  The shooting was so-so but the intensity was great and that's the main thing.  They are on track.  The bench had a couple of shaky minutes in the first half but they came around, we're seeing improvement down the line with every game.  As usual, the only concern is size inside.  The Tigers are tenacious and they play hard and they compensate well but we are vulnerable inside. The effectiveness of No. 11 highlighted this. 

The next home game for the Tigers will be good one and I don't expect a 34 point margin.  The Tigers are capable of pulling away from HJ but it probably won't happen.  Any kind of win, pretty or ugly, close or comfortable will be just fine.

Sometimes we forget, the last time a kid from Silsbee to have a major D1 offer in basketball to a NCAA Tourney worthy team was Eddie Fobbs (Sam Houston), Chris Miller (TSU), Lewis Airline (Lamar), and Thad Holden (Lamar/University of Tennesse). I remember when Eddie Fobbs played Florida in the 1st round of the NCAAs and had like 5 blocks in the 1st half. Major D1 basketball offers aren't all that common in Silsbee. Now we have 2 on the same team and maybe 3 with Bush.