WO.S at Silsbee

Who That

I was surprised that WOS only lost by 26 in last meeting.  And the fact they scored 81 points against the Tigers (WOS second highest point total, behind 87 v Kountze) should be a minor cause of concern for Coach Sig.  That said, I think the Tigers roar (pun intended) back.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I was surprised that WOS only lost by 26 in last meeting.  And the fact they scored 81 points against the Tigers (WOS second highest point total, behind 87 v Kountze) should be a minor cause of concern for Coach Sig.  That said, I think the Tigers roar (pun intended) back.

Defense definitely needs to be better than that night however I am not surprised that wos scored their second most points in a game the opponents scored 107.  That pace means More possessions and when you break that press a lot more layups.  And if I remember right they hit a good number of 3s at least in the first half.

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

Defense definitely needs to be better than that night however I am not surprised that wos scored their second most points in a game the opponents scored 107.  That pace means More possessions and when you break that press a lot more layups.  And if I remember right they hit a good number of 3s at least in the first half.

Not saying the outcome would've been any different, but we were also playing 6 players meanwhile Silsbee were at least 12-15 deep which is surprisingly a lot for a 4a team. We were bound to run out of gas or get into foul trouble, and Silsbee was bound to go on one of them Tiger runs. We've been short handed all year. We could've beat Lumberton if our 3 year starting PG #3 Wiley would've played, but for some odd reason he is no longer with us. Just hope we can go out and compete for 4 full quarters.

WOS kid should have just let him have that one. He wasn't going to catch him in time to make a play on the ball.

I really wish Silsbee were 12 - 15 deep. Out of kids who get good minutes, they're more like 8 - 10 deep. The end of the bench usually just pisses off Coach Sigler and doesn't do much else.

Still better than last year as far as depth goes.

14 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

WOS kid should have just let him have that one. He wasn't going to catch him in time to make a play on the ball.

I really wish Silsbee were 12 - 15 deep. Out of kids who get good minutes, they're more like 8 - 10 deep. The end of the bench usually just pisses off Coach Sigler and doesn't do much else.

At that wos game we suited 15 i believe the last few games have been 11.  I did miss the BC game.

3 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Personally, 10 is too deep.  A regular rotation of 8 is perfect for me, I know a lot of coaches that want 7.  If you go 10 deep, they better all be similar skills wise (and that is almost never the case for a HS team) and you better have kids that are content with playing half a game.  

No freshman game.  JV at 6:00

Tigers by 35, 110 - 75.  It's not so much a prediction as it is a necessity.  Teams that aspire to go to San Antonio have to be able to handle 4th place district opponents with relative ease.  Especially a high speed team such as the Tigers.  Plus, I can't see Silsbee scoring less than they did in Orange.  Plus I can't see the Mustangs scoring more than Hardin Jefferson did.

20 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

Not saying the outcome would've been any different, but we were also playing 6 players meanwhile Silsbee were at least 12-15 deep which is surprisingly a lot for a 4a team. We were bound to run out of gas or get into foul trouble, and Silsbee was bound to go on one of them Tiger runs. We've been short handed all year. We could've beat Lumberton if our 3 year starting PG #3 Wiley would've played, but for some odd reason he is no longer with us. Just hope we can go out and compete for 4 full quarters.

Wiley moved to LCM for a year and got to play JV.   Moved back after for his senior year.  Rumor has it his teammates dont miss him!  He was like a cancer to the team.

9 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

No freshman game? Is it because Silsbee may not have enough players? They've been playing with 6 kids.

Still gonna get there kinda early. Hate having to hike up a hill just to get to the gym. I hate that parking lot period lol.

Was told WOS only has 5 players. Silsbee still has their 6. Playing with 6 is tough but Playing with 5, next to impossible because of injury, foul trouble,etc.