Anahuac Open?

RidinTheRange

3 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Lol.  Seriously? May or may not work with his brother at a school that rhymes with Casper.  Go to the first page of this thread and read through the comments.  

Ah, so this "coordinator who has been to the dance" was the same head coach who went to the dance a few years before that. A familiar last name to those in Anahuac, and one the definitely should hire.

22 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

It's a mistake in my opinion.. if that's the route they go.  I have it on very good authority that recent success as a head coach (that everyone's talking about) was due solely to the fact of a crap ton of talent.  Loaded in fact.  Other than just a stupid amount of size/speed/strength things were sort of a free-for-all.  Don't shoot the messenger... that's what I heard.  If even a fraction of that is true then Anahuac will have made a wrong decision.  Can't make decisions based on popularity.. or a last name. 

Absolutely not, whoever told you this has a sour taste in their mouth about something. Great coach even better man.

3 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Lol.  Seriously? May or may not work with his brother at a school that rhymes with Casper.  Go to the first page of this thread and read through the comments.  

The man I am talking about has nothing to do with "Casper" ISD 

42 minutes ago, Hazer said:

Absolutely not, whoever told you this has a sour taste in their mouth about something. Great coach even better man.

Perhaps it sounds like the term describing a daughter of one's brother or sister, or of one's brother-in-law or sister-in-law? Who just so happens to coach at Fig ______?

7 hours ago, The Icon said:

Perhaps it sounds like the term describing a daughter of one's brother or sister, or of one's brother-in-law or sister-in-law? Who just so happens to coach at Fig ______?

Neece or Barbary? Pretty easy choice if you ask me. Both are great coaches, but one is a cut above. 

11 hours ago, fishcat said:

It must be Neece . Don’t think Barbey going anywhere til his son graduates next year. Then I think he’ll be looking for a head coaching job

Didn't factor that one in. If Neece leaves for Anahuac, Barbay might line himself up perfectly to take the Newton job when WT decides to walk away.

On 3/4/2019 at 2:14 PM, oldschool2 said:

It's a mistake in my opinion.. if that's the route they go.  I have it on very good authority that recent success as a head coach (that everyone's talking about) was due solely to the fact of a crap ton of talent.  Loaded in fact.  Other than just a stupid amount of size/speed/strength things were sort of a free-for-all.  Don't shoot the messenger... that's what I heard.  If even a fraction of that is true then Anahuac will have made a wrong decision.  Can't make decisions based on popularity.. or a last name. 

On 3/5/2019 at 0:31 PM, Hazer said:

If this is meant to be about BB while he was at COCISD it couldn't be further from the truth!!  Hazer is correct on this one!

9 hours ago, Trickplay1 said:

I think both are great coaches... When WT walks away, I think Drew would be the best fit for the Newton job.  Been around him a lot the last few years.  Great coach, great person, even better with the kids.  He is very deserving of that opportunity also.

I think there are numerous coaches on Newton staff right now that would be a great fit at Newton if and when W.T. decides to hang it up. 

18 hours ago, Oil Cowboy said:

If this is meant to be about BB while he was at COCISD it couldn't be further from the truth!!  Hazer is correct on this one!

Again.. I have a lot of friends who have a lot of friends in the coaching world.  What I HEARD isn't coming from a disgruntled parent or mad employee.  Get defensive if you want to.. it won't change my opinions that were formulated because of what I was told by people that I have a lot of trust in. 

17 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Clearly oldschool2 applied for the Anahuac job also.

Dang.. you caught me.  As much as I like money and free time, I've always wanted to be a head coach of a football program that hasn't been any good in... when was the last time they were good?  Ever? No.. making the playoffs doesn't make you good.  Even winning a first-round game doesn't make you good anymore. 

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Again.. I have a lot of friends who have a lot of friends in the coaching world.  What I HEARD isn't coming from a disgruntled parent or mad employee.  Get defensive if you want to.. it won't change my opinions that were formulated because of what I was told by people that I have a lot of trust in. 

Now we all know you are lying:)