HJ's Tunisha Strong

What an amazing accomplishment! Tunisha is such an unorthodox basketball player. She is proof that there is not one mold to fit all basketball players, heck she took the mold and threw it on the ground and shattered it and has proved what a great player she is night in and night out. Job well done kid!

Have watched her since Little Dribblers days. One of a kind player, and as Bill Russell once told Uncle Drew, "This game has always been, and will always be, about buckets"; and she certainly always has gotten buckets.

Just wishing she doesn't drop 48 on Lumberton this Friday, get the 3000th at home next week in front of the Hawk Nation, lol.

Hope she finishes season as her name suggests, "Strong"

2 hours ago, $$Buckets$$ said:

HJ Senior Tunisha Strong breaks a 30 year record set in 1989 by Yatisha Bosha to become the all-time leading scorer.  She now sits at 2,952 career points and counting!  She should finish her high school career with over 3,000 points!  What an accomplishment!

Heck of an accomplishment!

2 hours ago, OneChance said:

What an amazing accomplishment! Tunisha is such an unorthodox basketball player. She is proof that there is not one mold to fit all basketball players, heck she took the mold and threw it on the ground and shattered it and has proved what a great player she is night in and night out. Job well done kid!

How is her game unorthodox?  I've never seen her play, but it seems like something I'll need to see before season's end.

One example, when she shoots a three pointer she is standing flat foot on ground, no jump, no bend of the knees. My daughter played with her several years in AAU and some of the crazy positions and arm angles she would make everything. She typically doesn’t really jump on her shots. It’s def not the normal shot you see. She has a touch on her shots like nobody I have ever seen. Defensively she finds the ball. I would highly recommend watching her. 

47 minutes ago, OneChance said:

One example, when she shoots a three pointer she is standing flat foot on ground, no jump, no bend of the knees. My daughter played with her several years in AAU and some of the crazy positions and arm angles she would make everything. She typically doesn’t really jump on her shots. It’s def not the normal shot you see. She has a touch on her shots like nobody I have ever seen. Defensively she finds the ball. I would highly recommend watching her. 

She also is a fantastic rebounder who then can take off in an instant and go coast to coast with the dribble to either score or drop a dime in a spot you would not think she would be able to pass to. Her number of points off of offensive rebounds has to be huge. More known as an offensive player, she can play some pretty stout D when in the mood, lol. 

4 hours ago, OneChance said:

Like a set shot...