Congratulations Coach Wade Phillips

prepballfan

Once again Coach Wade Phillips has coached his way to another Super Bowl. His defense's have been stellar through the years and he just keeps on going. Wade your father would be so proud of you. Bring home that trophy in two weeks. Always be faithful to the Purple and White. A lot of Indians and SETX supporting you!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wade Phillips is a good and decent man.  He's a good defensive coordinator.  He can put out the most brilliant scheme to stop Tom Brady.  But, as usual, there is a distinct difference:  Wade doesn't do the performing and he can only hope.  On the opposite end, Tom Brady is actually performing.  Which I think, in the final analysis, Brady will come out on top.  They are both good people.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:15 PM, Reagan said:

Wade Phillips is a good and decent man.  He's a good defensive coordinator.  He can put out the most brilliant scheme to stop Tom Brady.  But, as usual, there is a distinct difference:  Wade doesn't do the performing and he can only hope.  On the opposite end, Tom Brady is actually performing.  Which I think, in the final analysis, Brady will come out on top.  They are both good people.

Wade's defense held its own, but so did Belichicks.   In the end the Ram's D wore down. 

Guest ECBucFan

Don't get me wrong, I love Wade (and Bum), but lets be honest, the Rams are a total FRAUD. Wade should not have been in the Superbowl. The Saints are the best team in the NFL. The league simply did not allow NO to advance. 

17 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Don't get me wrong, I love Wade (and Bum), but lets be honest, the Rams are a total FRAUD. Wade should not have been in the Superbowl. The Saints are the best team in the NFL. The league simply did not allow NO to advance. 

Lol.   It wasn't the league that kept scoring on the Saints D. And that ball wasn't catchable anyways. If you couldn't put the RAMS away in your own home, you don't deserve to go to ATL. 

Jeez... what a buncha babies.

Guest ECBucFan

Early in the game the Saints TE was knocked out with a H to H hit causing a concussion, NO CALL. In the 3rd, Saints RB Kamara was hit with a wicked H to H hit, NO CALL. Lastly, the Saints reciever was OBLITERATED before the ball was even halfway there, with yet another H to H hit, and yet another NO CALL.   All this when supposedly there is hypervigilence on concussions and H to H hits. The league wanted a LA team in the SB. BTW, How often does Brees throw "uncatchable" short passes in crunch time??

9 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Early in the game the Saints TE was knocked out with a H to H hit causing a concussion, NO CALL. In the 3rd, Saints RB Kamara was hit with a wicked H to H hit, NO CALL. Lastly, the Saints reciever was OBLITERATED before the ball was even halfway there, with yet another H to H hit, and yet another NO CALL.   All this when supposedly there is hypervigilence on concussions and H to H hits. The league wanted a LA team in the SB. BTW, How often does Brees throw "uncatchable" short passes in crunch time??

1st and 10 under 2 minutes, when they should have ran the ball. Brees made a terrible throw on a short slant.  The Saints poor clock management with under 2 minutes, and a lead, played just as big, if not bigger role than the "no call"

22 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Brees would have torched NE. Your Rams put up a whopping 3 points.

Maroon 5, LA Rams 3. 

Congrats.

My Rams? I don't care about the Rams. I enjoyed watching Brady getting another ring. My opinion has been stated many times on this. That was an awful call that would have set up the Saints to win. But that is not the only thing that cost the Saints. They had the game all but wrapped. In the final 2 minutes they could have ran the clock down to about 40 seconds. Instead they throw it 3 times. Poor playing calling. They also had a chance to win it in overtime and couldn't. They had a chance to stop LA in OT and didn't.

Guest ECBucFan

I reject the notion that the Saints "still could/should have have won". Thats technically correct but its an excuse. No team should have to "re-win" any game, especially a playoff game.

If a baseball player just hit a legit walk off home run to win a WS game, then an official unfiarly erases the home run, do you give him another at bat and just tell him well, you should win it again?     

7 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

I reject the notion that the Saints "still could/should have have won". Thats technically correct but its an excuse. No team should have to "re-win" any game, especially a playoff game.

If a baseball player just hit a legit walk off home run to win a WS game, then an official unfiarly erases the home run, do you give him another at bat and just tell him well, you should win it again?     

Even if the play was called, the Saints wouldn't have automatically won the game. You can accept/reject any notion you want. The Saints had many many chances to win, and didn't

2 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Even if the play was called, the Saints wouldn't have automatically won the game. You can accept/reject any notion you want. The Saints had many many chances to win, and didn't

That's what I said on the other forum. Chip shot FG could've been blocked and returned for TD

Guest ECBucFan
3 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

The Saints won the game. Their advancement to the SB was blocked and stolen by the League who wanted a Major media market "Hollywood" team in the SB. It spectacularly backfired on the NFL though. Coast to coast EVERYONE (except people like you) totally acknowledge NO was robbed. Lowest rated SB in a decade. Rams were pathetic. 3 points. Disaster for the NFL.       

38 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

The Saints won the game. Their advancement to the SB was blocked and stolen by the League who wanted a Major media market "Hollywood" team in the SB. It spectacularly backfired on the NFL though. Coast to coast EVERYONE (except people like you) totally acknowledge NO was robbed. Lowest rated SB in a decade. Rams were pathetic. 3 points. Disaster for the NFL.       

Robbed?   Hardly.  If the Saints needed a first down, they should have actually gotten one between the whistles.  It's kinda feminine to cry over a missed pass interference call (on a ball THAT WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN CAUGHT ANYWAYS) play as proof that the league screwed the better team out of advancing.  

If you can't move the ball and needed a flag to advance, then.... you don't deserve to win.  

Secondly, you're exactly right... Nobody except Saints fans feel like the wrong team advanced.  

6 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

This is the same debate that happened over whether or not Kevin Barbay threw a forward pass or not in 2000 vs WOS. My opinion at the time was that it was a forward pass (later confirmed years later) but I also agreed with the WOS folks that said there was no guarantee Nederland would have got a Touchdown on that drive even if it was called an incomplete pass

5 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Yeah the NFL wanted Brady and Goff instead of two Hall of Fame guys in Brady and Brees. 

The Rams were there because they deserved to be. Time and time again we have seen NFL teams with great running games and a defense to back it up go to the Super Bowl. If we are being honest its the Saints who were out of their league. You cannot predicate a game on a single play it takes the whole game to even get to that point. Rams won and had their chance in the bowl. Wade's defense held the Pats to 13 points he did his job. An offense with an injured Gurley not so much. they deserved to be there they had the SB caliber team.

Guest ECBucFan
On 2/6/2019 at 9:06 PM, Tigers2010 said:

Yeah the NFL wanted Brady and Goff instead of two Hall of Fame guys in Brady and Brees. 

The NFL wanted a west coast, LA team in the playoffs, just like the NBA wanted the Lakers in the NBA finals many times. New Orleans and Kansas City is just irrelevent "flyover country". 

Guest ECBucFan
On 2/5/2019 at 4:11 PM, CardinalBacker said:

Robbed?   Hardly.  If the Saints needed a first down, they should have actually gotten one between the whistles.  It's kinda feminine to cry over a missed pass interference call (on a ball THAT WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN CAUGHT ANYWAYS) play as proof that the league screwed the better team out of advancing.  

If you can't move the ball and needed a flag to advance, then.... you don't deserve to win.  

Secondly, you're exactly right... Nobody except Saints fans feel like the wrong team advanced.  

Two flagrant fouls. Blatant PI and Helmet to Helmet. Both ignored.

"Except Saints fans"? Thats laughable. ESPN, Fox Sports, SI, ABC-NBC-CBS Sports, Bleacher Report, the list goes on and on, ALL called it probably "the worst call in NFL history". 

I do not know what your problem with me is. Recently you seem to want to challenge and insult. Now you call me out for "feminine crying"? I would like to give you an opportunity to see for yourself. Lets meet in person and see if you want to reevaluate just how feminine you think I am.  

Guest ECBucFan
On 2/6/2019 at 4:20 PM, prepballfan said:

The Rams were there because they deserved to be. Time and time again we have seen NFL teams with great running games and a defense to back it up go to the Super Bowl. If we are being honest its the Saints who were out of their league. You cannot predicate a game on a single play it takes the whole game to even get to that point. Rams won and had their chance in the bowl. Wade's defense held the Pats to 13 points he did his job. An offense with an injured Gurley not so much. they deserved to be there they had the SB caliber team.

The Rams go down as the worst team in the SB, proabably ever. They are a fraud, and were totally exposed. Even playing without their TE that was sidelined with a concussion (H to H hit by Rams, not called) Brees & Co. would have torched NE.  

16 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Two flagrant fouls. Blatant PI and Helmet to Helmet. Both ignored.

"Except Saints fans"? Thats laughable. ESPN, Fox Sports, SI, ABC-NBC-CBS Sports, Bleacher Report, the list goes on and on, ALL called it probably "the worst call in NFL history". 

I do not know what your problem with me is. Recently you seem to want to challenge and insult. Now you call me out for "feminine crying"? I would like to give you an opportunity to see for yourself. Lets meet in person and see if you want to reevaluate just how feminine you think I am.  

You’d just whine about how I’d won unfairly.