Tell Me AGAIN that Liberalism Is Not A Mental Illness!

Reagan

42 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Not much faith in the Constitution or rule of law there, LumRaiderFan.  If we made it through the Civil War, we can make it through anything. People thought that politicians were as looney then as we do now.  I don't believe we're doomed.  Change ain't easy, but it is the only constant, and we have the best system of government to deal with it.  That's why we out-innovate the rest of the world.  We adapt to change because of our diversity.  I like to compare it to an ecosystem. As long as ecosystems maintain their diversity, they remain healthy.  When something comes along that diminishes that, the system fails.  Consider what happened in the south when it went monoculture with cotton.  The soil would wear out in a few years, and the land was no longer any good.  We need diversity to thrive. 

It was just a jab at Kountzer...we're good, I think anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 8:50 AM, stevenash said:

Why stop at 3 genders?   Surely there are some other "victims" of our cruel society that need their own special characterization?

Three?  Which 3, he, she & it?  H-ll, I thought they had identified 19 or 20.  If not, they will.  Like any aggrieved group, there’s no end to demands & wants.  No end.  

Gay magazine says Trump is racist for trying to stop the killing of gays 

This is the hidden content, please

Quote:

The Trump administration is set to launch a global campaign to decriminalize homosexuality in dozens of nations where anti-gay laws are still on the books, 

reported Monday. While on its surface, the move looks like an atypically benevolent decision by the Trump administration, the details of the campaign belie a different story. Rather than actually being about helping queer people around the world, the campaign looks more like another instance of the right using queer people as a pawn to amass power and enact its own agenda.

Some commentary. 

I don’t see how any independent can get behind these people 

Let's all get behind the #DumpTrump movement by taking a dump outside your nearest government office. Extreme times require extreme measures. I'll be taking a dump live on Periscope with my fellow resistors outside the City of Seattle building on Virginia St this weekend 

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Mandated equality!!! Doesn't get any better than that!!  Rather than equal opportunity, the left values equal outcomes.

My guess is they caved to some parent group that felt excluded. Not justifying, but some blame for problems in a school district is borne by the parents, not just the “liberal” public education system.

9 minutes ago, UT alum said:

My guess is they caved to some parent group that felt excluded. Not justifying, but some blame for problems in a school district is borne by the parents, not just the “liberal” public education system.

I cant disagree with that.  However, this is symptomatic of the "I am a victim and it's somebody else's fault " theory going around.  Therefore, those in charge need to be "compassionate" and make the pain go away rather than doing it myself.  And I can tell you that this theory was NOT perpetuated by the left.