Tell Me AGAIN that Liberalism Is Not A Mental Illness!

Reagan

On 1/22/2019 at 7:01 AM, UT alum said:

Marx and Engels have been dead over 100 years.

On 1/22/2019 at 7:01 AM, UT alum said:

Marx and Engels have been dead over 100 years.

Communism was created & perfected in the reduction communes back in the 16th century, long before Marx & Engels.

9 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

House Dems Reject GOP Proposal to Block Raises for Federal Employees Guilty of Sexual Misconduct

This is the hidden content, please

Federal Employees are terminated if they are guilty of sexual misconduct. The proposal to block doesn't make sense.

58 minutes ago, Law Man said:

Federal Employees are terminated if they are guilty of sexual misconduct. The proposal to block doesn't make sense.

Not if they are in Congress.  They just use taxpayer money to pay people off.

I think one of the issues is govt employees getting across the board raises without any kind of performance requirement. Show up and don’t get fired and you get a raise.  

19 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Not if they are in Congress.  They just use taxpayer money to pay people off.

I think one of the issues is govt employees getting across the board raises without any kind of performance requirement. Show up and don’t get fired and you get a raise.  

You know better than most because your wife performs one of the most dangerous jobs in the country. To put her life on the line day in an day out is worthy of a raise. If we can pay McDonald's employees $15.00 why can't we provide locality and cost of living to civil service employees? I'm bias so I understand if people disagree.

13 minutes ago, Law Man said:

You know better than most because your wife performs one of the most dangerous jobs in the country. To put her life on the line day in an day out is worthy of a raise. If we can pay McDonald's employees $15.00 why can't we provide locality and cost of living to civil service employees? I'm bias so I understand if people disagree.

Congress votes itself a pay raise. They are separate.

6 hours ago, Law Man said:

After the shutdown, the $10,000 pay increase went into effect when the Government opened up. Whitehouse staff received the nice bonus.

Curious:  When the 1/4 of the government was shutdown and those people deemed "non-essential" then why are they employed in the first place?  They should have been released to go get a job in the real world and save the taxpayers some money.  And -- don't misunderstand me, this should be the start! 

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

Curious:  When the 1/4 of the government was shutdown and those people deemed "non-essential" then why are they employed in the first place?  They should have been released to go get a job in the real world and save the taxpayers some money.  And -- don't misunderstand me, this should be the start! 

Those who are Republicans and have a non essential government jobs should volunteerly resign and save the taxpayers money.

Why would that be a good start? I don’t agree. I feel as long as a person is paying his share of taxes  and not living off of the government then let them work. The government struggled when 1/4 of the government shutdown. Regan, I get your point but jobs in the real world are not guaranteed. Unemployment would go up in my opinion. I believe the government could do away with positions through attrition. The economy would take a hit if the positions were eliminated all at once. You are right, we have to find a starting point. We wasted over 5 billion in tax payers money in 35 days. 

24 minutes ago, Law Man said:

Those who are Republicans and have a non essential government jobs should volunteerly resign and save the taxpayers money.

Why would that be a good start? I don’t agree. I feel as long as a person is paying his share of taxes  and not living off of the government then let them work. The government struggled when 1/4 of the government shutdown. Regan, I get your point but jobs in the real world are not guaranteed. Unemployment would go up in my opinion. I believe the government could do away with positions through attrition. The economy would take a hit if the positions were eliminated all at once. You are right, we have to find a starting point. We wasted over 5 billion in tax payers money in 35 days. 

My job has already started eliminating positions through attrition. When a person retires or is promoted the vacant position is not filled. 2000 positions have been removed as of today. I believe the Bureau of Prisons has eliminated 6000 positions bureau wide.

From the article:

Former ESPN host 

deleted a tweet in which, describing what a Democratic lawmaker should say at President Trump's State of the Union address, she jokingly referenced a phrase uttered by an assassin before Malcolm X was gunned down in 1965.

It all started when Showtime’s Desus Nice tweeted that he would like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., to interrupt Trump’s speech by yelling, “Whose mans is this?”

Hill, who famously called Trump a “white supremacist” in 2017 before her exit from ESPN, is now a writer for The Atlantic. She responded to Nice with her own vision fof what the freshman lawmaker should shout.

“Nah, she gotta yell: GETCHO HAND OUT MY POCKET,” Hill tweeted.

6 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

We’re all doomed .

Not much faith in the Constitution or rule of law there, LumRaiderFan.  If we made it through the Civil War, we can make it through anything. People thought that politicians were as looney then as we do now.  I don't believe we're doomed.  Change ain't easy, but it is the only constant, and we have the best system of government to deal with it.  That's why we out-innovate the rest of the world.  We adapt to change because of our diversity.  I like to compare it to an ecosystem. As long as ecosystems maintain their diversity, they remain healthy.  When something comes along that diminishes that, the system fails.  Consider what happened in the south when it went monoculture with cotton.  The soil would wear out in a few years, and the land was no longer any good.  We need diversity to thrive.