Racist Posters on the Forum

Hagar

Blacks and liberals love to make the racist allegation.  On the basketball thread tonight, one poster referred to Silsbee Coach & players as African- American - that’s find, but then that same poster referred to everyone in Ltown as Lily-White.  I’m fairly certain the poster is a colored man, but I’m tired of this one way racial sensitivity.  

Btw, if the racist happens to read this, you can referred to me as a Caucasian, Anglo-Saxon, or a European-American, but I don’t appreciate racial slurs like lily-white.

8 hours ago, Hagar said:

Blacks and liberals love to make the racist allegation.  On the basketball thread tonight, one poster referred to Silsbee Coach & players as African- American - that’s find, but then that same poster referred to everyone in Ltown as Lily-White.  I’m fairly certain the poster is a colored man, but I’m tired of this one way racial sensitivity.  

Btw, if the racist happens to read this, you can referred to me as a Caucasian, Anglo-Saxon, or a European-American, but I don’t appreciate racial slurs like lily-white.

I don’t use the racist term lightly, nor do I use it often, and certainly not to delineate political affiliations. I think sometimes prejudice and racism are mistaken for the same thing. Prejudice is a pre-conceived judgement without just grounds or sufficient information . Racism is the idea that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race. Neither is an attractive trait, but they are not interchangeable terms. In my time, going back to my youth, I have heard many white people proclaim that they were not equal with a black person, but superior. I have never heard a black person claim racial superiority, only an insistence that they were equal, not less than. Black people in my experience are not racist, but deeply prejudiced. There’s a big difference. All prejudiced people are not racist, but all racists are prejudiced.

Burns me up when the race card is used. Arrested a felon for a felony violation and the the response I received from spectators was I was racist. I am accused of targeting a certain area of town. I am belittled and called every name in the book. Everyone wants the street and neighbor hoods clean. Why do people feel you have to be a certain color to understand their pain? I will always help anyone in need no matter race or religion. A bullet has no respect of color or race. I Hate racism and it doesn’t belong.

9 hours ago, Hagar said:

Not just blacks and liberals but all races engage in these tactics. 

12 minutes ago, Law Man said:

Not just blacks and liberals but all races engage in these tactics. 

Being called Lilly-white is wrong and there is no justification for it. Mr. Hagar, you have earned much respect on this board and I can only pray that others on this board come to realize that name calling and using racial tone is wrong not matter how you sugar coat it. These tactics are a motive to assert ones social status. One day they will see the error of their ways before it is too late. It’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

2 hours ago, UT alum said:

I don’t use the racist term lightly, nor do I use it often, and certainly not to delineate political affiliations. I think sometimes prejudice and racism are mistaken for the same thing. Prejudice is a pre-conceived judgement without just grounds or sufficient information . Racism is the idea that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race. Neither is an attractive trait, but they are not interchangeable terms. In my time, going back to my youth, I have heard many white people proclaim that they were not equal with a black person, but superior. I have never heard a black person claim racial superiority, only an insistence that they were equal, not less than. Black people in my experience are not racist, but deeply prejudiced. There’s a big difference. All prejudiced people are not racist, but all racists are prejudiced.

You make a valid distinction between being prejudice & racist.  I would like to discuss it further.  First, I wonder why those white people you heard in your youth thought they were superior?  As in, what way superior - totally - intellectually - morally - financially?  Back in my younger days, I also knew a few white people I would classify as racist, but I don’t know in what area the perceived superiority was directed.  Perhaps it’s just a general thing, like someone from Boston might think themselves superior, even though they’re the same race, to someone from Mexia.  

I’ll concede the point that the name calling was prejudicial as opposed to racist.  The poster also made the claim against the whole town.  Heaven forbid you get on here and use the phrase “you people” - major faux pas.  Anyway, thanks for the distinction.

16 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Hagar, you must remember that all evil in this world is attributable to the white christian male who clings to his guns and bible.  Anything done wrong by others is through no fault of their own and totally the fault of the aforementioned.

Couldn’t have said it better.

+1,000,000,000,000,000.........

4 hours ago, stevenash said:

Hagar, you must remember that all evil in this world is attributable to the white christian male who clings to his guns and bible.  Anything done wrong by others is through no fault of their own and totally the fault of the aforementioned.

All evil in this world is attributable to satan.  White men are just men. They live and die like everyone else.

And like everyone else they cling to their bibles but don't read them.  If they do read it they only adhere to the parts they want and ignore the rest.  

19 hours ago, Hagar said:

This is a very open forum.  People post all kinds of crazy and offensive stuff.  Goes with the territory.

11 hours ago, UT alum said:

I totally agree with the above statement. People have a had time acknowledging the difference. However, people that assume some consider themselves superior because of their color is also a form of racism.

Personally speaking, Lilly white or any other name has absolutely zero affect on me. I could care less. I turn it give the caller zero power.

2 hours ago, mat said:

I totally agree with the above statement. People have a had time acknowledging the difference. However, people that assume some consider themselves superior because of their color is also a form of racism.

Personally speaking, Lilly white or any other name has absolutely zero affect on me. I could care less. I turn it give the caller zero power.

Absolutely right, words you hear don’t define you, words you speak do.

3 hours ago, mat said:

The only reason it affects me is due to the fact that so many liberals will come on the political thread and throw out racist accusations over the least offensive comment.  After years of that, it gets irritating.  But hey, you say to-mot-toe I say to-mate-toe.  Cest la vie.