Lumberton 45 Silsbee 122/FINAL

The subs in games like this generally play the last 3 minutes or so of each quarter and then last night the entire 4th quarter.  I am sure it’s for a combination of reasons : 1) preventing injuries 2) backing off and 3) getting those bench players some good minutes.  The more experience and playing time they get the better they get.  Somewhere down the line that will pay off. Both fans and players should see that.  This is a team sport.  Besides those top players really don’t need to pad their stats everyone knows who they are and just how good they are.   The thing is putting things on here or any other public platform is seen by coaches at the next level and can have a negative impact.    

I don't know.... If teams like Silsbee in basketball and Newton, WOS in football were able to only play teams that would keep the score close they would play only a couple of games per year or against a lot bigger schools. All three of them try to schedule bigger schools. I understand where Silsbee, Newton and WOS are coming from. What I don't understand is where the opponents are coming from. If I was coaching at one of the other schools especially in basketball I would schedule Silsbee ever chance I got. I would be calling to play in a summer league with them. I would be attempting to get my kids used to being on the floor with them. Yes you would get beat a lot but I promise you would learn a lot and soon be much more competitive. Some people seem to think that it is not their job to get better and more competitive but the fair thing is for the elite teams to play at their level. 

I am not saying that that was the case last night with Lumberton. To me it appeared they were trying to compete. The same can be said about HF a few weeks ago. At times they appear to be overwhelmed and almost scared to be aggressive but they were not asking Silsbee to take their players off the floor. 

Sometimes you don't know what you could be. When I was in the ninth grade I played with a kid who was really good. Four years later he came to see me in college because they had made him an offer of a scholarship. He wanted me to go play some pickup games with him and the college players. 

I said no I can't play with those guys. He looked at me and said yes you can. I've played with you before. I never thought I was any good and that made a good deal of the difference.

2 hours ago, ST413 said:

The subs in games like this generally play the last 3 minutes or so of each quarter and then last night the entire 4th quarter.  I am sure it’s for a combination of reasons : 1) preventing injuries 2) backing off and 3) getting those bench players some good minutes.  The more experience and playing time they get the better they get.  Somewhere down the line that will pay off. Both fans and players should see that.  This is a team sport.  Besides those top players really don’t need to pad their stats everyone knows who they are and just how good they are.   The thing is putting things on here or any other public platform is seen by coaches at the next level and can have a negative impact.    

Agree

On 1/19/2019 at 8:23 PM, lovemesometxsports said:

Yes Silsbee is a great team and congrats on 2 state titles and 1 in future. With that being said it’s pathetic that they are so cocky and act the way they do and don’t feel it’s necessary to put your hand over your heart out of respect for our flag. I would take Raiders any day over all that combined...

It’s sad to see the Lumberton fans critize the Silsbee team.  The tigers beat them and out classed them.  As can be seen in this thread as Lumberton fans attack the refs and the Silsbee players.  Likely posted by the coaches family lol.  For the last two years Lumberton has brought in good assistant coaches who know more than their head coach.  Lumberton is small, lack discipline, and fundamentals.  They need a real head coach.  But regardless of all this they are a middle school team compared to this Silsbee power house 

24 minutes ago, SEWatchdogTX said:

It’s sad to see the Lumberton fans critize the Silsbee team.  The tigers beat them and out classed them.  As can be seen in this thread as Lumberton fans attack the refs and the Silsbee players.  Likely posted by the coaches family lol.  For the last two years Lumberton has brought in good assistant coaches who know more than their head coach.  Lumberton is small, lack discipline, and fundamentals.  They need a real head coach.  But regardless of all this they are a middle school team compared to this Silsbee power house 

Silsbee has a great team - don't think anyone really thought this was going to be a close game.  They took care of business the way they should have.  From this thread it looks like the lumberton kids played hard - they always do - every since Coach Mitchell got there they have - regardless of what assistants he has brought in.   Sign of a great coach is one that will bring in great quality assistant coaches and then let them work and do their job. Mitchell knows basketball and knows how to get kids to compete!   Lack discipline and fundamentals? - that's laughable.  lol     

33 minutes ago, SEWatchdogTX said:

What fundamentals are missing?  What actions indicated a lack of discipline?

(Not a Family Member)

Man I sure have been missing crying ass parent comment. Can you imagine how bad his kid must suck at sports? I don't think Lumberton parents will ever figure out the real problem, their genes. This guys kid probably needed help getting his jersey on. He can't dribble with his left hand because he has it knuckle deep in his arsehole. Fundamentals...his kid probably fundamentally eats his boogers. Coaches can't help if their kids are small, the kids parents are small. Thankfully they drive the jacked up Fords to compensate... Discipline. How can a coach develop discipline in a kid that can run home, cry to mommy, have mommy post garbage on the internet behind a screen name. Quit makng excuses for your kids. 

The main thing Lumberton is missing is point guards that can handle a press. It doesn't help that they look like they're maybe 12 or 13 years old and under 6 feet tall.

This was noticeable in the freshman and JV games as well. Lumberton's freshman team spent nearly as much time in their own backcourt than at the Silsbee end.

3 hours ago, SEWatchdogTX said:

Why do you think they need a real head coach? I don’t think they need a coach by losing to one of the top teams in the state. 

52 minutes ago, ballup said:

Why do you think they need a real head coach? I don’t think they need a coach by losing to one of the top teams in the state. 

Good question, Head Coach in general not because of this one game for sure.  Not going to go into specifics here but if you’d like I can send a message with my opinions why. 

3 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

(Not a Family Member)

Man I sure have been missing crying ass parent comment. Can you imagine how bad his kid must suck at sports? I don't think Lumberton parents will ever figure out the real problem, their genes. This guys kid probably needed help getting his jersey on. He can't dribble with his left hand because he has it knuckle deep in his arsehole. Fundamentals...his kid probably fundamentally eats his boogers. Coaches can't help if their kids are small, the kids parents are small. Thankfully they drive the jacked up Fords to compensate... Discipline. How can a coach develop discipline in a kid that can run home, cry to mommy, have mommy post garbage on the internet behind a screen name. Quit makng excuses for your kids. 

My kid is actually a paraplegic so yes he has no fundememtals and needs help with his jersey.  But he does not eat boogers. 

Its funny you’d say kids running home to mommy and posting garbage.  Wonder who made the post in this thread disrespecting the Silsbee team for what standing at attention verse putting their hands over their hearts.  Some Lumberton mommy 

But who cares coaches coach players play if they don’t do what they are told cut them that’s how you get discipline.  If the coach is worried about what’s on the internet he has too much time on his hands. FYI I drive a handicap van not a jacked up truck lol.

51 minutes ago, SEWatchdogTX said:

Turnovers, then kids talking back to their coach, body language on the floor & bench.  No action to correct. 

51 minutes ago, SEWatchdogTX said:

My kid is actually a paraplegic so yes he has no fundememtals and needs help with his jersey.  But he does not eat boogers. 

Its funny you’d say kids running home to mommy and posting garbage.  Wonder who made the post in this thread disrespecting the Silsbee team for what standing at attention verse putting their hands over their hearts.  Some Lumberton mommy 

But who cares coaches coach players play if they don’t do what they are told cut them that’s how you get discipline.  If the coach is worried about what’s on the internet he has too much time on his hands. FYI I drive a handicap van not a jacked up truck lol.

The person complaining about the Silsbee kids was just as whiny as your original post. With no kids in the program I'm curious as to why for two years in a row your on here bashing two different Lumberton coaches? No connection to the athletic department?

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

The person complaining about the Silsbee kids was just as whiny as your original post. With no kids in the program I'm curious as to why for two years in a row your on here bashing two different Lumberton coaches? No connection to the athletic department?

I’m a tax paying resident who has a right to my opinion, just like you have a right to yours.  I have an adult disabled child.  No kid in the program, just don’t like what I see.  This forum is a place where I can put it, and it’s a place where you can come and ask me why.  Coaches get criticized, good ones and bad ones

1 hour ago, SEWatchdogTX said:

I’m a tax paying resident who has a right to my opinion, just like you have a right to yours.  I have an adult disabled child.  No kid in the program, just don’t like what I see.  This forum is a place where I can put it, and it’s a place where you can come and ask me why.  Coaches get criticized, good ones and bad ones

Question. Would Lumberton be a better team than what they are currently (17-12, 5-2) with a different head coach? Keep in mind that the coaches before have not done as well.

I have seen Lumberton play a couple of times this season. Not sure where you are seeing this lack of discipline and fundamentals.

The game with Silsbee is not one that you should gauge how good or bad Lumberton really is.

A taxpayer? Ain't we all? That's a lame excuse to voice an opinion.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Question. Would Lumberton be a better team than what they are currently (17-12, 5-2) with a different head coach? Keep in mind that the coaches before have not done as well.

I have seen Lumberton play a couple of times this season. Not sure where you are seeing this lack of discipline and fundamentals.

The game with Silsbee is not one that you should gauge how good or bad Lumberton really is.

A taxpayer? Ain't we all? That's a lame excuse to voice an opinion.

Speak the truth AAW.....  ok.... so Mr. Watchdog  pays taxes...... good for him....   I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express recently....  doesn’t mean a %#^^?   thing!!!!!!!!!

Watchdawg needs to Watch something else