Welcome to the Republican Party

Tigers2010

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

I haven’t heard anyone proposing child euthanasia, even the hint of an idea. Of course I wouldn’t support that. I look at abortion as not only a woman’s right to choose, but a public health issue as well. 

When abortion is illegal, only those who can afford it will get them safely done. 

Explain the health issue concern...I agree on one hand, abortion is a major league health issue for the baby.

I would like to hear your concern.

10 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Explain the health issue concern...I agree on one hand, abortion is a major league health issue for the baby.

I would like to hear your concern.

I already stated it.   When they were illegal, they still happened.  People who couldn't afford to go to Mexico or pay a rogue doctor here got the coat hanger.  As long as a fetus is connected to the mother, it is a fetus, not a baby.  Babies have legal standing in the law.  The fetus is an extension of the mother, and she has to live with her decision about what she does with her body, and face her Maker about her choice, not you.  Or the federal government.  By the way, I do not favor taxpayer funded abortion.

3 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I already stated it.   When they were illegal, they still happened.  People who couldn't afford to go to Mexico or pay a rogue doctor here got the coat hanger.  As long as a fetus is connected to the mother, it is a fetus, not a baby.  Babies have legal standing in the law.  The fetus is an extension of the mother, and she has to live with her decision about what she does with her body, and face her Maker about her choice, not you.  Or the federal government.  By the way, I do not favor taxpayer funded abortion.

Show me some stats to back that up.

27 minutes ago, UT alum said:

It is a living human with a heartbeat.  So you don't favor taxpayer funded abortion.  I guess we can assume you favor self pay abortions.  All I have to say about someone favoring any type of abortions, that someone is a pathetic person.

35 minutes ago, UT alum said:

We have to face our Maker about lots of things. We even have laws against lots of those things. I would like a law against abortion. Why is that too much to ask? Maybe the father wanted to keep the kid and momma said no. What about his feelings?

14 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

It is a living human with a heartbeat.  So you don't favor taxpayer funded abortion.  I guess we can assume you favor self pay abortions.  All I have to say about someone favoring any type of abortions, that someone is a pathetic person.

I support a woman's right to choose what to do with her own body. Call me what you will.

42 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Who gets to choose for the baby, when the mother decides to murder it?  How can you, if you have any shred of decency in your soul, condone murder?

He doesn't believe it is a person until it comes out the womb. Even though it has a heart beat, can hear, can feel pain, recognize it's mother, etc. 

2 hours ago, UT alum said:

This is the hidden content, please

Read conclusion in last paragraph.  I know I'm wasting my time, but here, debunk away.

The article, however accurate it may be statistically, has some serious flaws.  First, in 1954 and quite a few years afterwards, people did not see Dr’s even remotely as often as they do now, even those told they were pregnant.  Second, advancements in medical care increased dramatically over those years.  And the article conclusion admits the “pill” could be a reason for reduction.  And that brings me to another question.  If a woman doesn’t want a child, why isn’t she on the pill, or have a diaphragm?

And the inevitable question, why is it against the law to destroy a bald eagles egg, even one freshly laid, which has no heartbeat, but you can legally kill an unborn fetus with a heartbeat?  That’s a conundrum for sure.  Oh, the Eagle is an endangered species.  Okay, when will we be an indangered species?  Birth rates (of humans) in the US has hit an all time low.  Perhaps all abortions should be outlawed?  For Caucasians, the birth rate is even lower.  Perhaps white baby abortions should be outlawed?  Kinda makes your head spin.

4 hours ago, UT alum said:

So why do people get enhanced penalties when convicted for killing pregnant women?  

Basically, if a mom in NY decides to go get an abortion instead of heading to the hospital for delivery during her 38th week of pregnancy, it's okay because it's "her choice." If I get drunk and run over mom in her 16th week of pregnancy, I'm in extra big trouble because of the death of that unborn child.  Kinda paradoxical, is it not?  

Like I said earlier, Roe vs. Wade is the law of the land as far as I'm concerned, and any time spent discussing it is simply time wasted. 

I'm glad that we at least agree that tax-payer funded abortions shouldn't occur.  

On 1/23/2019 at 6:19 AM, UT alum said:

Maybe the homeless guy is suffering from mental illness and can’t perform sequential tasks. Maybe a lack of access to basic medical care has diminished his physical abilities. I don’t like it when political rhetoric utilizes straw men to make its point. Homelessness in our country is a far more complex issue than that catchy little story illustrates.

I agree, wholeheartedly.

5 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Who gets to choose for the baby, when the mother decides to murder it?  How can you, if you have any shred of decency in your soul, condone murder?

You all want to force a woman to have a baby, even if he is going to starve to death, or die from a preventable illness, once he is born, because Republicans want to decrease funding to WIC, SNAPS, CHIPS, and Medicaid. These programs help to sustain life. Republicans are pro birth not pro life.

35 minutes ago, Big girl said:

You all want to force a woman to have a baby, even if he is going to starve to death, or die from a preventable illness, once he is born, because Republicans want to decrease funding to WIC, SNAPS, CHIPS, and Medicaid. These programs help to sustain life. Republicans are pro birth not pro life.

So to keep the baby from possibly having a hard time because the parents are pathetic losers, your solution is to murder it to save it from Republicans.

Get out of here with that stupid false argument, rational folks are tired of hearing it.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

Have you ever heard of adoption? There are plenty of families that want kids that can’t have them.  

I will say that the process is unnecessarily long and expensive, which is why you see a lot of foreign kids being adopted.  I would be all for legislation to make this process affordable for the average family.  

9 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Have you ever heard of adoption? There are plenty of families that want kids that can’t have them.  

I will say that the process is unnecessarily long and expensive, which is why you see a lot of foreign kids being adopted.  I would be all for legislation to make this process affordable for the average family.  

I agree, adoption is way too expensive. 

In general, private adoptions run between $14,000 and$35,000, though $20,000 to $30,000 is average. For infant adoptions that are facilitated by an adoption agency, the costs usually run between $25,000 and $30,000, though expenses could run upwards of $40,000.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

How about closing the legs?  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what causes a pregnancy.  It is pathetic that you think murder is ok, downright disgusting.  Murder is murder, stop trying to justify it!!