Will Farr                 Evadale         RB

Defense

Darrell Hawkins     West Brook   FS

Jadrian McGraw    Newton         LB

Teshaun Teel         WO-S           DB

Blaine Waggoner   Hamshire-Fannett  LB

1 hour ago, West Brook said:

How do they come up with this list

Coaches nominate an offensive and defensive player from their team. WRS voters (mainly local media) vote 4 offensive and 4 defensive players from that list to get the top 4 finalists.

From those four finalists, the voters will pick the WRS award winner for offense and defense.

FYI, I am one of the voters.

5 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Coach can only nominate 1 player on offense and 1 player on defense.

If you are talking about a Newton player, well both made the finalists.

That is not always true. Occasionally a coach will nominate two players on offense or defense. That really irritates me. I think myself no one should know better who is the better player than the coach. That happened this year. At least one coach nominated two players on offense. I had to decided which one of the two was better without being at practice and at every game. The coach should know at least which one of his players is the best. I have been a judge every since the thing started. This time I voted for six of the eight finalist. 

You always vote for four from among the coaches nominees. Sometimes you don't feel good about four but you pick the best four you can and figure that when the finals come and you have to pick one of the four to be the winner that you will make your choice then. 

I usually pick a senior unless a junior has just overrun the field. 

3 hours ago, RoschonsBigBro said:

Give it to McGrue.  McGrue dont even have offers yet on 247. Let that kid have his moment and pad his resume for a late scholarship run. Shug might come back for the ceremony if he wants but I wouldnt. Being recognized is enough.

McGrue is going to have to prove himself at the juco level. He’s undersized with only one year as a starter. If he does well in juco he will get a chance at a FCS or small FBS team.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fox said:

need i say more? winners posted almost a week ago and it has 4 replies.

Sorry I (we) didn't shower these exceptional young student athletes with more praise. This prestigious award has a lot of local legends and the potential for future hall of famers.

Most topics are full of drama. So the fact that there are only 4 replys only shows that most of us agree and don't feel the need to start more.