Lumberton At Silsbee

Who That

24 minutes ago, Who That said:

You and that shot lmao.!!! I promise you it want be that way the next game..lol It will be a beat down. :)

It may very well be.  Never know for sure.  But , then again, that was what was "promised" to happen in the first game.  

The point of bring up the shot( which you didnt seem to comprehend) was that his first statement of "not everything that is possible actually happens" applies to not just one team but both.

20 minutes ago, Who That said:

You and that shot lmao.!!! I promise you it want be that way the next game..lol It will be a beat down. :)

I’ll repeat myself, I’ve been on this Forum long enough to know, had the same scenario happened to Silsbee, Tiger fans would be on here bringing up that shot, & subsequent no-call.  Basketball, football, baseball, the sport doesn’t matter, most everyone hates to see Ref’s or Umpires make a potential game deciding bad call, or no call, especially in the last few moments of a game.  It’s like a burr in your craw.

7 minutes ago, stevenash said:

It may very well be.  Never know for sure.  But , then again, that was what was "promised" to happen in the first game.  

The point of bring up the shot( which you didnt seem to comprehend) was that his first statement of "not everything that is possible actually happens" applies to not just one team but both.

Look the game is over. If you want to talk about it go back to that forum and talk all yall want. This is Lumberton vs Silsbee forum. 

24 minutes ago, stevenash said:

The point of bring up the shot( which you didnt seem to comprehend) was that his first statement of "not everything that is possible actually happens" applies to not just one team but 

Devon McCain is averaging 22.6ppg this year and 8 rebs 5.5 assists. To me that's about a 25point difference or more. Silsbee would have won my 28 plus. When you guys come to Silsbee, you will see. I pray all kids are healthy for the rest of the year. 

5 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Devon McCain is averaging 22.6ppg this year and 8 rebs 5.5 assists. To me that's about a 25point difference or more. Silsbee would have won my 28 plus. When you guys come to Silsbee, you will see. I pray all kids are healthy for the rest of the year. 

You are simply saying that all of the Silsbee players would have scored what they scored and the additional player would have just 'added 22.6 points.  Think about that and let me know how that works.  There are only so many possesions to go around and, at 100% shooting percentage, you are telling me that Silsbee would have, somehow, 11 more possessions.  I wonder if some of their made three pointers might have been replaced by an additional player rebounding the ball and scoring?

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

You are simply saying that all of the Silsbee players would have scored what they scored and the additional player would have just 'added 22.6 points.  Think about that and let me know how that works.  There are only so many possesions to go around and, at 100% shooting percentage, you are telling me that Silsbee would have, somehow, 11 more possessions.  I wonder if some of their made three pointers might have been replaced by an additional player rebounding the ball and scoring?

I wouldnt look at it that way but i would think he would have made a difference in a few ways that may have made a sizable difference. How big we cant be sure. 1.) A 6’4 player closing and contesting some of those shots compared to another player under 6 foot.  Probably resulting in more HJ misses.  2.) Rebounds on both ends cutting down HJs second chance points and adding to ours.  3.) Someof those Tiger possesions would have ended with a basket by McCain on a drive, some of those may very well have been possesions that we didnt score on.

However withthat said there are two any variables for either side to know just how much of a difference it would have been numbers wise.  Maybe Devon would have gotten in foul trouble, maybe hjs big man/men wouldhave had even more foul trouble....

I dont believe HJ had many second chance points.  .  I also would guess that Persohn would have most of McCains attention thereby not offering a lot of opportunities for a closeout.  If Persohn doesnt get into early foul trouble like last game where he sits more than half of the first half, he will get a few more rebounds than he did from the bench regardless of who guards him.

According to Max Preps, Silsbee lost to Lumberton in 2013. The score was 68 - 65. Back when I was in school, if Lumberton ever beat Silsbee in basketball, I don't think the team or coaches would be allowed back in town. I remember some "interesting things" said to Silsbee players during road trips to L-town back in the day, but it's best to leave that can of worms closed.

Silsbee ended up having a decent season that year. They lost to Yates in the playoffs to end their season.

4 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

Stop hyjackibg this thread. Go to the Silsbee HJ thread for anymore talk about that game! 

I know, I know.  And I'm part of the problem.  But what is there to talk about?

Kind of early to be talking about it but with the win Friday Lumberton proves it will be a playoff team - probably No. 3  That means they will play a No. 2 from somewhere nearby.  

Playing the Tigers twice, including the last regular season game as a warmup of sorts, will make playing any second place team in these parts seem pretty tame by comparison.  It's like swinging a bat with a 5 lb. donut on it in the on deck circle.  

Sisbee, HJ, Lumberton and WOS will be our four from 22 4A.  A few of the districts up north will field a better group but it's not too shabby at all.  

5 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

According to Max Preps, Silsbee lost to Lumberton in 2013. The score was 68 - 65. Back when I was in school, if Lumberton ever beat Silsbee in basketball, I don't think the team or coaches would be allowed back in town. I remember some "interesting things" said to Silsbee players during road trips to L-town back in the day, but it's best to leave that can of worms closed.

Silsbee ended up having a decent season that year. They lost to Yates in the playoffs to end their season.

Silsbee lost to Lumberton around that time. I remember the game.  I think it was early in the season.  They talked trash about that win like it was the Super Bowl.

21 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Reed, Elam, Zayon Jackson, and others were still playing football in the playoffs. 

54 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Santa, am I understanding you correctly.  Silsbee lost to Yates in the basketball playoffs and you think that those three will still in the football playoffs?

No, Silsbee lost to Carthage at Lamar in football that season. Those 2 of those 3 averaged over 20ppg. Yes Silsbee lost to Yates that year in basketball in the 3rd round by 12.