22-4A District games, Jan. 15/Post updates here

5 minutes ago, lovemesometxsports said:

Well aware of that, but right now celebrating our big win tonight 

As well you should, it was a big win.  Lumberton is the solid no. 3 team in 22 4A.  Not bad.  Not bad at all.

As a Tiger fan I also must say that Lumberton is my favorite.  They took our 4A Div 1 beating for us this year in football so that we could make it all the way to the semi's in Div II.  As they say, no greater love.  Here's to the Lumberton Raiders for having just exactly the right enrollment.  And it was a win - win. Lumberton got a playoff victory in the first round and though it's a little early it looks like they are headed to the basketball playoffs as well.

Course none of that has any bearing on Friday's game which will be an interesting experience.  When was the last time Silsbee and Lumberton faced off in a district basketball game?  The 90's?  

Lumberton is extremely well coached and they do a great job of dictating the pace of most of their games.  That’s a different story when you play the Tigers who typically do the same, just at the other end of the spedometer.    I’ve the Raiders more than once this year and they do a great job of not only preparing but in-game coaching.

I will also say that Coach Mitchell made an excellent hire over the off-season bringing former Central assistant Coach Rideaux to his bench.  Some schools would be wise to take a long, hard look at him if their head job opens up.  That guy is a true student of the game, capable of coaching many different styles of play.  

7 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Lumberton is extremely well coached and they do a great job of dictating the pace of most of their games.  That’s a different story when you play the Tigers who typically do the same, just at the other end of the spedometer.    I’ve the Raiders more than once this year and they do a great job of not only preparing but in-game coaching.

I will also say that Coach Mitchell made an excellent hire over the off-season bringing former Central assistant Coach Rideaux to his bench.  Some schools would be wise to take a long, hard look at him if their head job opens up.  That guy is a true student of the game, capable of coaching many different styles of play.  

I agree that’s what great coaches do they try to bring in great coaches like coach Rideaux to help their program  Great hire!!! That staff does do a good job, they are fun to watch. 

9 hours ago, lovemesometxsports said:

Super PROUD of our boys and our coaches keep it up 

7 hours ago, Baseball199555 said:

I agree that’s what great coaches do they try to bring in great coaches like coach Rideaux to help their program  Great hire!!! That staff does do a good job, they are fun to watch. 

That's a big time win for the Raiders!   Coach Mitchell is intense and gets his teams to compete!