Kountze 37, East Chambers 126/FINAL

It is hard to say who the starters will be for any given game.  Coach Sutherland has his own formula to determine who will start a game.  I haven’t been able to figure  it out!  However, he is quick to go to 3 or 4    Players in replacement in the first quarter.  It is anyone’s guess who will be called up.  Sutherland usually sees something he wants to correct or enhance on the court and makes adjustments according to each players ability.  

EC starters played 12 minutes and only 3.5 minutes in the second half. Every player played at least 8 minutes and every player scored except 1. Starters have to get some game time every game to stay in shape. I would prefer 15 minutes at least. Kountze is very young and fouled a lot. Also continued to guard full court and get beat on one pass until the 4th quarter when EC was told not to shoot inside the 3 point line. 

3 hours ago, . said:

It is hard to say who the starters will be for any given game.  Coach Sutherland has his own formula to determine who will start a game.  I haven’t been able to figure  it out!  However, he is quick to go to 3 or 4    Players in replacement in the first quarter.  It is anyone’s guess who will be called up.  Sutherland usually sees something he wants to correct or enhance on the court and makes adjustments according to each players ability.  

What a fantastic luxury Coach Sutherland has.  Guess Coach Sig May be in the same shape. Hard enough to have a good team, but a good team with depth - priceless.

4 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Good question. You could see this coming for several years 

I agree.  I talked to a long time resident of kountze who frequents athletic events and she told me that she has noticed this going back 5 years.  She said that there are only a few athletes per grade now and of those some are trouble makers who have trouble making parents.  And she was talking not just about jh and hs but elementary age as well. She s noticed the lack there of thru lil leagues

18 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I agree.  I talked to a long time resident of kountze who frequents athletic events and she told me that she has noticed this going back 5 years.  She said that there are only a few athletes per grade now and of those some are trouble makers who have trouble making parents.  And she was talking not just about jh and hs but elementary age as well. She s noticed the lack there of thru lil leagues

Does not take being from Kountze to notice that but I do agree.  Joubert was told 5 years ago to get out when the time is right. Maybe, he just wants to stay though and endure the agony of defeat ?  Doubt he's ever lost at anything in his life, like this.  Maybe part 1 was giving up football ?