Yellowstone Preparing to Erupt ?

Hagar

Got mixed feelings about news coverage of this possible event.  It’s definitely interesting.  On the other hand, for most of us, there’s not a lot we can do about it.  Based on projections, for those of us in SETX it’d be one of those “save the last bullet for yourself” scenarios.  But volcanic activity is on the increase.  The poles are moving.  Mother Earth appears to be having PMS.

This is the hidden content, please

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Yea because we been pulling the life out of her for years. Imagine running your car's engine with no oil. It's about to blow

What factors has Man perpetuated that leads you to believe we've been "pulling the life out of [Earth] for years" which will cause the Earth to blow? I would like to know these factors as they relate to an increase in volcanic activity and polar migration (the topics of this post). We can venture into other phenomenons as well, but let's stick to the topic at hand first. So please elaborate on what you think is the Man-made casual factors of these two things.

39 minutes ago, Englebert said:

What factors has Man perpetuated that leads you to believe we've been "pulling the life out of [Earth] for years" which will cause the Earth to blow? I would like to know these factors as they relate to an increase in volcanic activity and polar migration (the topics of this post). We can venture into other phenomenons as well, but let's stick to the topic at hand first. So please elaborate on what you think is the Man-made casual factors of these two things.

I don’t think he meant it literally. 

No it wasn't to be taken literally. Apparently I must have touched a nerve. But I do believe in global warming. Man made or not, we are in a time of climate change. It has taken millions of years for our earth to be in harmonic balance. And our industrialized society is not working in conjunction with her needs. Take it however you want. It's just a non informed layman's opinion. Please enlighten the rest of us.

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

No it wasn't to be taken literally. Apparently I must have touched a nerve. But I do believe in global warming. Man made or not, we are in a time of climate change. It has taken millions of years for our earth to be in harmonic balance. And our industrialized society is not working in conjunction with her needs. Take it however you want. It's just a non informed layman's opinion. Please enlighten the rest of us.

Why would you say you must have touched a nerve? I did not imply anything other than wanting an explanation of your statement. You stated that "'WE' have been pulling the life out of her for years". I'm assuming you mean Man has been pulling...implying Man is the culprit of seemingly climate change. If that was your contention, then I would like further evidence to substantiate that claim.

What would you like to be enlightened about? You make an assertion, then ask me to clarify? I don't recall "debate" working that way. If you want to blame Man for perceived disruption of the climate, then by all means...back it up. I hope I didn't touch a nerve for having the audacity to ask you to clarify one of your own statements.

On 1/14/2019 at 0:12 PM, Hagar said:

Got mixed feelings about news coverage of this possible event.  It’s definitely interesting.  On the other hand, for most of us, there’s not a lot we can do about it.  Based on projections, for those of us in SETX it’d be one of those “save the last bullet for yourself” scenarios.  But volcanic activity is on the increase.  The poles are moving.  Mother Earth appears to be having PMS.

This is the hidden content, please

I wonder how many years the "so-called" experts have be predicting that Yellowstone is going to erupt?  If you keep saying something long enough, at some point in time it probably will happen.  Then the dweebs can say, see, I told you it was going to happen!

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

I wonder how many years the "so-called" experts have be predicting that Yellowstone is going to erupt?  If you keep saying something long enough, at some point in time it probably will happen.  Then the dweebs can say, see, I told you it was going to happen!

That’s a true story.  Hopefully, not until another 5,000 years, because it will be devastating.  It’s been about 640,000 years since the last time.  I’m no geologist, but I’d guess the last eruption is responsible for the rich, lush topsoil in the Midwest.  That and buffalo dung :)