From The Files Of "That It's All About The Coaching!"

Reagan

8 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

I don't disagree aboit falling from the sky. Reagan gets on here constantly bashing coaches. Was against Barrow, and probably still is. My point was, the elite of the elite coaches aren't coming to Nederland with poor facilities and a pay cut

Actually said the Nederland HC has done a respectable job.  Just won't get you a State Championship.  But, I did question how thorough the search for a HC was by Nederland.  

PS -- Port Neches has a nice stadium and should be able to pay their HC well.  So -- what's their excuse?!

4 hours ago, Reagan said:

Actually said the Nederland HC has done a respectable job.  Just won't get you a State Championship.  But, I did question how thorough the search for a HC was by Nederland.  

PS -- Port Neches has a nice stadium and should be able to pay their HC well.  So -- what's their excuse?!

How much more money Carthage pay than PNG? I would guess about 50k

On 1/16/2019 at 0:12 PM, ECBucFan said:

Ten years ago I posed the question here:

What if Curtis Barbay had coached his whole career at Warren? What if Dan Hooks would have only coached at Huntington? 

No one wanted to touch that. 

If that ^ was the case then I doubt anyone would know who either of them is.

16 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

I specifically put ATTEMPTING in all caps. Attempting does not equate to ""is", yet. 

Now, I thought it would be evident to even the most casual observer of HS football, but let me illustrate with a few quick examples. 

Easiest to see is FORT BEND MARSHALL. Four star Junior QB Malik Hornsby just "moved in" from woefully inept Houston Austin, along with others, and FBM made the state finals. Think they moved there for "acedemic reasons"? LOL

KATY: Why is Katy Tigers are so resented by all the other programs in that district? Could it be many of the best athletes in the whole KATY ISD move around to end up as Katy Tigers? 

LCM has complained for years some of their best end up at WOS.

How many piney woods athletes have moved to live with "Aunti" to make a run at State?   

Port Arthur constantly complains about losing kids to Ned and PN-G.

Poor Hamshire Fannet has lost some of their best players to Ned, PN-G and EC. 

BISD players have been inported to several surrounding schools immeadiatly boosting their programs. 

BH just hired from ALLEN, who is the poster child for illegle recruiting in TX. See the recent 3 part Dallas Morning News expose'.

Thats all I want to say here. This topic has been discussed enough. I know I am an exception, but I still have the audacity to think rules should be respected and complied with. The definition of integrity is "doing the right thing, even when no one is watching". It runs diametrically opposed to the "Its OK as long as we can get away with it" attitude today. How many "mail box" jokes have to be told? Heck, even Ken Purcell openly laughed about Aledos QB's parents mysteriously getting jobs in Aledo during the State Championship TV broadcasts. Thats just Sad.      

Your points are understood and I agree with this.

One additional note...concerning the WO-S/LCM item...for any complaints made about players transferring from LCM to WO-S, you must put this into perspective. Historically, there have been MANY more students who have transferred OUT of WO-S to LCM for football reasons than the other way around. It's not because they want so bad to play for LCM. The reason is they could not meet the demands of WO-S football practices and coaches discipline. There are countless examples of this. 

On 1/16/2019 at 0:12 PM, ECBucFan said:

Ten years ago I posed the question here:

What if Curtis Barbay had coached his whole career at Warren? What if Dan Hooks would have only coached at Huntington? 

No one wanted to touch that. 

I'll touch it.  Again pure speculation.  But I'm game.  What in there past coaching ability success, which is actual, gives you the impression that they wouldn't succeed wherever they went?

10 hours ago, griff said:

Your points are understood and I agree with this.

One additional note...concerning the WO-S/LCM item...for any complaints made about players transferring from LCM to WO-S, you must put this into perspective. Historically, there have been MANY more students who have transferred OUT of WO-S to LCM for football reasons than the other way around. It's not because they want so bad to play for LCM. The reason is they could not meet the demands of WO-S football practices and coaches discipline. There are countless examples of this. 

I assuming he is speaking about Earl Thomas.  But there has been numerous that go back and forth including this season.. I know one of the years yall made it to state in baseball yall had a Mauriceville kid on the team lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ECBucFan
On 1/22/2019 at 6:29 PM, oldman said:

As I said earlier in this post.... you have a hang up on TW .....   

Wrong yet again. I don't care about TW. I don't think TW personally recruited anybody. ALLEN, and what goes on at Allen is the problem. TW just benefited from Kyler Murray and dozens more top DFW star players recruited to Allen.   

Thats the last thing I can say to you about TW or any of this. My plain words are the truth. You can take it or leave it. 

Guest ECBucFan
On 1/22/2019 at 1:05 PM, Reagan said:

I'll touch it.  Again pure speculation.  But I'm game.  What in there past coaching ability success, which is actual, gives you the impression that they wouldn't succeed wherever they went?

Glad you were up to it. To answer it, I think you have to define "Sucess". At Huntington or Warren, going 7-3, making the playoffs, finishing 2nd, and winning one first round game in 5 years would be an incredible sucess. At WOS or Newton, it would be a nightmare season to go out in round 2. By and large, Hooks and Barbey would have a great challenge to go 7-3 and get one playoff win. It would be rare at best. Neither would come anywhere close to winning state at Warren or Huntington at any time. .     

9 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Wrong yet again. I don't care about TW. I don't think TW personally recruited anybody. ALLEN, and what goes on at Allen is the problem. TW just benefited from Kyler Murray and dozens more top DFW star players recruited to Allen.   

Thats the last thing I can say to you about TW or any of this. My plain words are the truth. You can take it or leave it. 

News Flash!!!!!!!!! Breaking News!!!!!!

Whatever ECBUCFAN says is the plain truth

On 1/17/2019 at 9:51 AM, Tigers2010 said:

You get what you pay for, like anything else. Want better quality (anything) pay more money. Would a guy like Surratt or TW ever think about coming to Nederland?

The answer is no. They do not pay well and there facilities are a absolute embarrassment. They like to pretend they take football seriously, but in the grand scheme of the State, they don't. Which is okay. Not every school has to go all out for football and build nice facilities and unload a BRINKS truck for a coach, just don't complain when you don't get the Grand Prize.

Great post

On 2/2/2019 at 1:57 PM, ECBucFan said:

First .. the only recruiting being done at Allen is by the taxpayers of that community.  Their decision to build the nicest facilities in the area is what inticed those parents to bring their kids there.  

Second .. you’re opinion is somewhat irrelevant.  Remember that one time you tried to convince everyone that Allen always wins because of enrollment/recruitment/home field advantage?? Well.. we didn’t.  All of those ^ excuses were not only proven wrong by numerous examples, but proven way wrong THIS YEAR.

Smh.. the irony of someone from East Chambers complaining about another school getting football transfers.

14 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

First .. the only recruiting being done at Allen is by the taxpayers of that community.  Their decision to build the nicest facilities in the area is what inticed those parents to bring their kids there.  

Second .. you’re opinion is somewhat irrelevant.  Remember that one time you tried to convince everyone that Allen always wins because of enrollment/recruitment/home field advantage?? Well.. we didn’t.  All of those ^ excuses were not only proven wrong by numerous examples, but proven way wrong THIS YEAR.

Smh.. the irony of someone from East Chambers complaining about another school getting football transfers.

Fact or speculation?

4 hours ago, Reagan said:

Fact or speculation?

It is a fact that a bond (voted for by the taxpaying citizens of Allen ISD) was passed in order to build a 60 million dollar football stadium for their school.  I am speculating that a parent would rather have their kid play football there than...(insert North Tx school district).

I have close personal friends that coach in DFW and it is explained to me in full detail that when a player doesn't like their current situation for whatever reason it's nothing to simply sign a lease contract with an apartment building in another district and change teams.  It could be something as simple as not liking their current position or even their English teacher.  And if you don't think that's happening in every big city in the state then you're too naive to understand.

Coaches don't have to recruit.. facilities and high paid teachers/coaches are a recruitment strategy in itself. 

14 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

It is a fact that a bond (voted for by the taxpaying citizens of Allen ISD) was passed in order to build a 60 million dollar football stadium for their school.  I am speculating that a parent would rather have their kid play football there than...(insert North Tx school district).

I have close personal friends that coach in DFW and it is explained to me in full detail that when a player doesn't like their current situation for whatever reason it's nothing to simply sign a lease contract with an apartment building in another district and change teams.  It could be something as simple as not liking their current position or even their English teacher.  And if you don't think that's happening in every big city in the state then you're too naive to understand.

Coaches don't have to recruit.. facilities and high paid teachers/coaches are a recruitment strategy in itself. 

Winning recruits, sending dudes to D1 schools after graduation recruits and facilities recruit. Coaches in DFW do not have to recruit.