Silsbee 79 Hardin-Jefferson 76/FINAL

WOSgrad

The refs are not a factor, because they are a constant factor.  In other words a team or player has to play good enough to where they control the outcome, not the ref.  Being a high school basketball ref is a hard job.  Sometimes what a ref calls or doesn't call can determine a state championship.  

In this case if the HJ shooter had hit that 3 pt shot they probably would of given him a foul shot to maybe win the game.  But he missed.  They weren't gonna give him three fouls shots to maybe extend the game.  The ref wanted to go home. Can't say I blame him.

3 hours ago, stevenash said:

LMBO all you want - He lives 3 houses from me and has been shooting in my backyard for 5 years.  Additionally, he weights about 115 pounds and is a sophomore.  I know his dimensions quite well because he does his shooting with my freshman grandson who is of very similar stature.

He missed who cares man!!! Game set match!!! Silsbee won. Let's move on to next Tuesday. Lol

1 hour ago, no-look said:

This is the hidden content, please

Pretty nice shot by Jordan there. Might could have used him on the football field this past year.

Hardin Jefferson fans shouldn't worry. You'll get a chance to beat us at the Tiger den in a few weeks :)

Silsbee has lost a few games here and there arguably due to bad officiating in the past, so you'll get no sympathy from us. Sorry.

2 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Pretty nice shot by Jordan there. Might could have used him on the football field this past year.

Hardin Jefferson fans shouldn't worry. You'll get a chance to beat us at the Tiger den in a few weeks :)

Silsbee has lost a few games here and there arguably due to bad officiating in the past, so you'll get no sympathy from us. Sorry.

Hmmm   very interesting that Silsbee losses result from possibly  bad officiating but that doesnt apply to anyone else.  I don't recall seeking anything resembling sympathy from you or your brethren.

4 hours ago, BH85 said:

I agree with you that it is a foul.  I just think they waived off the one and one or 2 free throws since there is no time left on the clock and no way the free throws would of effected the outcome. (I could not hear buzzer on video, so I assume it had went off since people mentioned it was a buzzer beater).  

Let me see if I understand you correctly.  The shooter attempts a 3 point shot( because his team is behind by three points) and you think he would get a one and one  or two free throws if the foul was called?

15 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Let me see if I understand you correctly.  The shooter attempts a 3 point shot( because his team is behind by three points) and you think he would get a one and one  or two free throws if the foul was called?

He’s saying it would not be a “shooting foul” because the contact was “after the shot.”  He’s incorrect though and had a foul been called, it should have been 3 FTs.  

22 minutes ago, TxHoops said:
5 minutes ago, Who That said:

Hahaha yall still talking about this shot... lmao 

23 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

He’s saying it would not be a “shooting foul” because the contact was “after the shot.”  He’s incorrect though and had a foul been called, it should have been 3 FTs.  

I understand what he is implying.  I was trying to lead him to conclude, on his own, that his contention was incorrect without being disrespectful.

32 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

11 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I understand what he is implying.  I was trying to lead him to conclude, on his own, that his contention was incorrect without being disrespectful.

Was the foul before or after he landed? If it was before he landed, it would be a shooting foul and 3 shots.  If it was after he landed it would be a common foul not in the act of shooting.  I thought I have been pretty clear in saying my view shows it was after he had landed and therefore not a shooting foul.  The trail ref in the picture's should of watch him to the ground.  He should of called the foul in either case as there was quite a bit of contact.  The only way he should of not blown the whistle is if the buzzer had already went off and felt the contact happened post landing (shot over) and post buzzer since there are no common fouls after the game.  I can't hear the buzzer to know when it went off.

16 minutes ago, BH85 said:

Was the foul before or after he landed? If it was before he landed, it would be a shooting foul and 3 shots.  If it was after he landed it would be a common foul not in the act of shooting.  I thought I have been pretty clear in saying my view shows it was after he had landed and therefore not a shooting foul.  The trail ref in the picture's should of watch him to the ground.  He should of called the foul in either case as there was quite a bit of contact.  The only way he should of not blown the whistle is if the buzzer had already went off and felt the contact happened post landing (shot over) and post buzzer since there are no common fouls after the game.  I can't hear the buzzer to know when it went off.

Honestly the buzzer was a second two later. We had the ball when it went off if i remember right.

4 hours ago, Kountzer said:

The refs are not a factor, because they are a constant factor.  In other words a team or player has to play good enough to where they control the outcome, not the ref.  Being a high school basketball ref is a hard job.  Sometimes what a ref calls or doesn't call can determine a state championship.  

In this case if the HJ shooter had hit that 3 pt shot they probably would of given him a foul shot to maybe win the game.  But he missed.  They weren't gonna give him three fouls shots to maybe extend the game.  The ref wanted to go home. Can't say I blame him.

I can. At 70 dollars a game, officials better not miss calls because "they want to go home"

1 hour ago, BH85 said:

So I'm curious under these circumstances you describe  what if he makes the 3 point shot and the foul is called after he lands he gets 2 free throws since they were in the bonus ? Possible 5 point play?

11 minutes ago, Fergton said:

So I'm curious under these circumstances you describe  what if he makes the 3 point shot and the foul is called after he lands he gets 2 free throws since they were in the bonus ? Possible 5 point play?

Or kid shoots a layup, both feet hit the ground, then a defender lands on top of him.  Possible 4 point play or, if not in bonus, team that just scored retains possession? 

29 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

If silsbee is number 3 in 4a who is number 1 and 2 

Wilmer Hutchins is 1 and Faith Family is 2.  Both are in Region 2, south side of Dallas, and both are very very good.  They are not overrated.  Fortunately the Region 3 winner (Silsbee I hope) will only have to play one of them. 

But R3 can't look past R1 who we play in the semi-final, if I read the brackets right.  The R1 winner will likely be either No.6 Decatur or No. 9 Argyle.  Either of those will give us all we want, trust me.  The closest game Silsbee has played in playoffs in the last 2 years was the semi game against Argyle which we won by 1 point.  (and as I've said, it was closer than that)

6 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

Wilmer Hutchins is 1 and Faith Family is 2.  Both are in Region 2, south side of Dallas, and both are very very good.  They are not overrated.  Fortunately the Region 3 winner (Silsbee I hope) will only have to play one of them. 

But R3 can't look past R1 who we play in the semi-final, if I read the brackets right.  The R1 winner will likely be either No.6 Decatur or No. 9 Argyle.  Either of those will give us all we want, trust me.  The closest game Silsbee has played in playoffs in the last 2 years was the semi game against Argyle which we won by 1 point.  (and as I've said, it was closer than that)

They reseed when they get to state, based on record.  Silsbee could end up being the 3rd or 4th seed, due to the brutal schedule.   Just depends on who ends up there.  

8 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

Is it based purely on winning percentage?  I assume then that 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3?

Well, sort of.  1 and 2 seeds are locked in.  3 and 4 seeds have a coin flip as to who plays #1 seed and who plays #2 seed.

So it could be 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3 OR 1 vs. 3 and 2 vs. 4

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, sort of.  1 and 2 seeds are locked in.  3 and 4 seeds have a coin flip as to who plays #1 seed and who plays #2 seed.

So it could be 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3 OR 1 vs. 3 and 2 vs. 4

Okay, that makes sense.  If the coaches poll is infallible, which I will assume for now, it will be Decatur from R1, Hutchins from R2, Silsbee from R3 and Needville (yes Needville) from the monstrously powerful R4.  Assuming all these win out their regular seasons here's what the winning percentages will look like at the end of the Regional tournaments. 

Decatur    .925

Hutchins   .914

Silsbee     .813

Needville  .794

R2 is very competitive but seeding stays the same even if it's Faith Family instead of Hutchins because they will be at  .846 going in.  I didn't even look at Yates because that is a contingency, irrespective of its likelihood, that is too horrible to contemplate.

Silsbee may drop to No. 4 behind Yates based on the result of the Hardin Jefferson game and the fact that Yates just put it on Washington 131  - 76.  Washington is a decent team, a little better than WOS probably, occasionally scores over the century mark.  I wonder if anyone else has heard what I heard about two new recrui.... excuse me...... transfers that recently became eligible for Yates.  One is 6'-7 and the other is 6'-9.  Remember the discussion about Yates?  How they weren't as tall this year?  Right.

8 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

Okay, that makes sense.  If the coaches poll is infallible, which I will assume for now, it will be Decatur from R1, Hutchins from R2, Silsbee from R3 and Needville (yes Needville) from the monstrously powerful R4.  Assuming all these win out their regular seasons here's what the winning percentages will look like at the end of the Regional tournaments. 

Decatur    .925

Hutchins   .914

Silsbee     .813

Needville  .794

R2 is very competitive but seeding stays the same even if it's Faith Family instead of Hutchins because they will be at  .846 going in.  I didn't even look at Yates because that is a contingency, irrespective of its likelihood, that is too horrible to contemplate.

Silsbee may drop to No. 4 behind Yates based on the result of the Hardin Jefferson game and the fact that Yates just put it on Washington 131  - 76.  Washington is a decent team, a little better than WOS probably, occasionally scores over the century mark.  I wonder if anyone else has heard what I heard about two new recrui.... excuse me...... transfers that recently became eligible for Yates.  One is 6'-7 and the other is 6'-9.  Remember the discussion about Yates?  How they weren't as tall this year?  Right.

Do not rule out Argyle in Region I or Liberty Hill in Region IV

13 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

Decatur    .925

Hutchins   .914

Silsbee     .813

Needville  .794

I’m shocked at the idea of Yates getting recru.. uh I mean transfers. Lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jameskaran14567
    Newest Member
    jameskaran14567
    • Flying can be an exhilarating experience, but sometimes plans change unexpectedly. Whether it's a sudden change in schedule, unforeseen circumstances, or simply a change of heart, knowing the ins and outs of an airline's cancellation policy is essential for any traveler. In the case of Spirit Airlines, understanding their cancellation policy can help you navigate the skies with ease and peace of mind. Understanding Spirit Airlines: Before delving into the specifics of Spirit Airlines' cancellation policy, it's helpful to have a brief understanding of the airline itself. Spirit Airlines is known for its low-cost fares and no-frills approach to flying. While they offer budget-friendly options for travelers, their policies and procedures may differ from those of traditional carriers. Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy Overview: Spirit Airlines has a straightforward cancellation policy designed to provide flexibility to passengers while also ensuring operational efficiency. Here's an overview of the key points: 24-Hour Cancellation Window: Spirit Airlines offers a 24-hour grace period during which passengers can cancel their reservations without incurring any cancellation fees, regardless of the fare type. This allows travelers to make changes or cancel their plans within a day of booking without penalty. Cancellation Fees: Outside of the 24-hour window, cancellation fees may apply depending on various factors such as the fare type, route, and timing of the cancellation. It's essential to review the specific terms and conditions associated with your ticket to understand any applicable fees. Refund Eligibility: While Spirit Airlines typically does not offer refunds for cancellations, they may provide a credit voucher for the value of the canceled flight, minus any applicable fees. This voucher can be used towards future travel with Spirit Airlines within a specified timeframe. Flight Changes: In addition to cancellations, Spirit Airlines allows passengers to make changes to their reservations, subject to availability and any fare differences. Similar to cancellations, fees may apply depending on the circumstances of the change. Special Circumstances: In cases of unforeseen events such as medical emergencies or severe weather conditions, Spirit Airlines may provide exceptions to their standard cancellation policy. Passengers facing such situations are encouraged to contact Spirit Airlines directly for assistance and guidance. Tips for Managing Spirit Airlines Cancellations: Navigating cancellations with any airline can be a stress-free experience with the right approach. Here are some tips to help you manage cancellations effectively when flying with Spirit Airlines: Plan Ahead: Whenever possible, try to book your flights with flexibility in mind. Opting for refundable fares or purchasing travel insurance can provide added peace of mind in case plans change unexpectedly. Be Aware of Deadlines: Stay informed about the deadlines and timeframes outlined in Spirit Airlines' cancellation policy. Knowing when you can cancel your reservation without penalty can save you from unnecessary fees. Monitor Flight Status: Keep an eye on your flight status leading up to your departure date. In the event of delays or cancellations due to weather or other factors, Spirit Airlines may offer alternative options or accommodations. Contact Customer Service: If you need to cancel or make changes to your reservation, don't hesitate to reach out to Spirit Airlines' customer service team. They can provide assistance, answer any questions you may have, and guide you through the process. Consider Alternative Options: If you're unable to travel as planned, explore alternative options such as rebooking your flight for a later date or transferring your ticket to another passenger, if permitted. In Conclusion: Understanding Spirit Airlines' cancellation policy is essential for any traveler looking to fly with confidence and peace of mind. By familiarizing yourself with the key points outlined above and following the tips provided, you can navigate cancellations and changes with ease, ensuring a smooth and stress-free travel experience with Spirit Airlines. Whether you're planning a weekend getaway or a cross-country adventure, knowing your rights and options when it comes to cancellations can make all the difference in your journey through the skies.
    • Changing a Spirit Airlines flight involves a few steps, whether it's due to a change in plans, scheduling conflicts, or any other reason. 1.Understanding Spirit Airlines Policies: Before proceeding with changing your flight, it's crucial to familiarize yourself with Spirit Airlines' policies regarding flight changes. These policies typically include information on change fees, fare differences, and any restrictions or limitations on changing flights. 2.Visit the Spirit Airlines Website: Start by visiting the Spirit Airlines official website. Navigate to the "My Trips" or "Manage Reservations" section, where you'll find options to make changes to your booking. 3.Retrieve Your Reservation: Log in to your Spirit Airlines account or retrieve your reservation using your confirmation code and last name. This will allow you to access your booking and make changes to your flight. 4.Check Eligibility: Review your booking to ensure that it's eligible for changes. Some tickets may be non-changeable or may have restrictions on changes, depending on the fare type and booking conditions. 5. Select "Change Flight": Once you've accessed your reservation, look for the option to change your flight. This is typically labeled as "Change Flight" or "Modify Reservation." Click on this option to proceed with changing your flight. 6. Choose New Flight Details: Select the new flight details, including the desired departure date, time, and destination. Spirit Airlines will display available alternative flights based on your preferences and availability. 7. Review Changes and Fees: Before confirming the changes, review the details of your new flight, including any associated fees or fare differences. Spirit Airlines may charge a change fee per passenger, in addition to any fare difference between your original and new flights. 8. Confirm Changes and Pay Fees: If you're satisfied with the new flight and associated fees, follow the prompts to confirm the changes and pay any applicable fees. Spirit Airlines' website will guide you through the payment process. 9. Receive Confirmation: After completing the changes, you'll receive a confirmation email with the updated itinerary and booking details. Make sure to save this confirmation for your records. If you encounter any issues or need assistance with changing your flight online, you can contact Spirit Airlines' customer service{☎️1-855-738-4404} 1. Call Spirit Airlines: Contact Spirit Airlines' reservations department using the phone number provided on their website. Be prepared to provide your booking confirmation code or reservation number, as well as the passenger's name and flight details. 2. Speak with a Representative: Once connected with a representative, explain that you need to change your flight. Provide them with the details of your current reservation and the new flight you wish to book. The representative will assist you in finding alternative flights and making the necessary changes. 3. Confirm Changes: After selecting a new flight with the representative, confirm the changes and any associated fees or fare differences. They will process the changes and provide you with a new itinerary and confirmation. If you're already at the airport and need to change your flight, you can visit the Spirit Airlines ticket counter or self-service kiosk for assistance. An airline representative will be able to help you with changing your flight and providing you with a new boarding pass. Keep in mind that Spirit Airlines' change policies may vary depending on factors such as fare type, route, and booking conditions. It's essential to review the specific terms and conditions of your ticket before proceeding with any changes. Additionally, flight changes are subject to availability, so it's best to make changes as soon as possible to secure the desired alternative flight.  
    • To change your Etihad Airways flight, you can follow these steps: Contact Etihad Airways Customer Service: You can call Etihad Airways directly at the toll-free number you provided (1-833-473-0144). This is the fastest way to initiate the flight change process and get assistance from a customer service representative. Provide Booking Details: When you speak with a representative, be ready to provide your booking reference or ticket number, as well as the passenger's name and flight details. This will help the representative locate your reservation and assist you more efficiently. Explain Your Request: Clearly explain to the representative that you need to change your flight. Provide information about the current flight you're booked on and specify the new travel dates, times, and any other preferences or requirements you have for the new flight. Check for Availability and Fees: The representative will check for available alternative flights that match your preferences. They'll also inform you about any applicable change fees or fare differences associated with the new flight. Make sure to ask about the total cost of the change before confirming.  Confirm Changes: Once you've selected a new flight and reviewed the associated fees, confirm the changes with the representative. They will process the changes to your booking and provide you with a new itinerary and confirmation.  Receive Confirmation: After completing the changes, you'll receive a confirmation email with the updated itinerary and booking details. Make sure to save this confirmation for your records. Alternatively, if you prefer to change your Etihad Airways flight online, you can follow these steps:  Visit the Etihad Airways Website: Go to the Etihad Airways official website.{1-833-473-0144}  Log In or Retrieve Your Booking: If you have an existing Etihad Airways account, log in to access your booking. Otherwise, retrieve your reservation using your booking reference or ticket number and the passenger's last name.  Navigate to Manage Booking: Once logged in or after retrieving your reservation, navigate to the "Manage Booking" or "My Trips" section of the website.📞{1-833-473-0144}  Select "Change Flight": Look for the option to change your flight within the manage booking section. This may be labeled as "Change Flight," "Modify Reservation," or something similar.  Choose New Flight Details: Follow the prompts to select the new flight details, including the desired departure date, time, and destination. The website will display available alternative flights based on your preferences and availability.  Review Changes and Fees: Before confirming the changes, review the details of your new flight, including any associated fees or fare differences. Etihad Airways may charge a change fee per passenger, in addition to any fare difference between your original and new flights. Confirm Changes and Pay Fees: If you're satisfied with the new flight and associated fees, follow the prompts to confirm the changes and pay any applicable fees. The website will guide you through the payment process.  Receive Confirmation: After completing the changes, you'll receive a confirmation email with the updated itinerary and booking details.{1-833-473-0144}✈️
    • In today's bustling world of air travel, understanding the intricacies of "spirit change flight" is paramount. Whether you're a seasoned traveler or a novice explorer, delving into the nuances of this phenomenon can enhance your journey exponentially. Join us on an enlightening voyage as we unravel the mysteries and unveil the essentials of spirit change flight. Exploring Spirit Change Flight: What Does it Entail? Embark on a journey to comprehend the essence of spirit change flight. From its inception to its modern-day significance, delve into the depths of this transformative experience. The Evolution of Spirit Change Flight: A Historical Perspective Trace the evolution of spirit change flight through the annals of history. Discover how this age-old practice has evolved into a contemporary phenomenon, shaping the way we perceive travel and spirituality. Navigating the Spiritual Realm: The Essence of Spirit Change Flight Unlock the secrets of the spiritual realm as we delve into the core principles of spirit change flight. Explore the connections between mind, body, and spirit, and how they converge in the realm of air travel. Embracing Change: Transformative Experiences in Spirit Change Flight Immerse yourself in the transformative power of spirit change flight. Learn how embracing change can lead to profound personal growth and spiritual enlightenment. Practical Tips for a Seamless Spirit Change Flight Experience Master the art of navigating spirit change flight with our practical tips and tricks. From meditation techniques to mindfulness practices, empower yourself to embark on a journey of self-discovery and renewal. Harnessing the Power of Intention: Manifesting Your Ideal Spirit Change Flight Unleash the power of intention as you manifest your ideal spirit change flight. Explore the principles of manifestation and visualization, and watch as your travel dreams become a reality. Connecting with Fellow Travelers: Building Community in Spirit Change Flight Forge meaningful connections with fellow travelers as you embark on your spirit change flight journey. Discover the power of community and camaraderie in enhancing the travel experience. Overcoming Challenges: Navigating Turbulence in Spirit Change Flight Equip yourself with the tools to overcome challenges and navigate turbulence in spirit change flight. From unexpected delays to unforeseen obstacles, learn how to maintain inner peace and resilience in the face of adversity. The Healing Power of Spirit Change Flight: Rejuvenate Your Mind, Body, and Spirit Experience the profound healing power of spirit change flight as you rejuvenate your mind, body, and spirit. From stress relief to emotional catharsis, discover the myriad ways in which travel can promote holistic well-being. Embracing the Journey: Cultivating Gratitude in Spirit Change Flight Cultivate an attitude of gratitude as you embrace the journey of spirit change flight. Explore the transformative effects of gratitude on your travel experience, and savor every moment along the way. With each flight, we have the opportunity to embark on a journey of self-discovery and transformation. Spirit change flight transcends mere travel—it's a gateway to new horizons, both within and beyond. So, pack your bags, open your heart, and prepare for the adventure of a lifetime.
    • Changing your JetBlue flight is a relatively straightforward process that can be done through various methods, providing flexibility and convenience to passengers. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the step-by-step process of changing your JetBlue flight using different channels, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience. **1. Online Method:** - **Visit the JetBlue Website:** Open your web browser and navigate to the official JetBlue website. - **Log In to Your TrueBlue Account:** Sign in to your TrueBlue account using your username and password. If you don't have an account, you can still access your reservation using your confirmation number and last name. - **Access Your Reservation:** Locate the "Manage Trips" or "My Trips" section on the website and enter your booking details to access your itinerary. - **Select the Flight to Change:** Identify the specific flight you wish to change and select the option to modify your reservation. - **Choose New Travel Details:** Follow the prompts to select new travel dates, times, or destinations based on your preferences. - **Review Changes:** Review any applicable change fees and fare differences before confirming the modifications. - **Confirmation:** Complete the process and receive a confirmation email with your updated itinerary. **2. Mobile App Method:** - **Download the JetBlue App:** If you haven't already, download the JetBlue mobile app from the App Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play Store (for Android devices). - **Log In to Your Account:** Sign in to your TrueBlue account within the app. - **Access Your Reservation:** Navigate to the "Manage Trips" or "My Trips" section and enter your booking details to access your itinerary. - **Select the Flight to Change:** Identify the specific flight you wish to change and select the option to modify your reservation. - **Choose New Travel Details:** Follow the prompts to select new travel dates, times, or destinations based on your preferences. - **Review Changes:** Review any applicable change fees and fare differences before confirming the modifications. - **Confirmation:** Complete the process and receive a confirmation notification with your updated itinerary. **3. Contact Customer Service:** If you prefer to speak with a customer service representative, you can contact JetBlue customer service at 1-213-433-7173. Be prepared to provide your booking details and desired changes to the representative, who will assist you with the process and answer any questions you may have. **Important Considerations:** - **Change Fees:** Keep in mind that there may be change fees associated with modifying your flight, as well as any fare differences based on the new itinerary. - **Timing:** It's advisable to make changes to your flight as soon as possible to secure the best available options and minimize potential fees. - **Review Policy:** Before making any changes, review JetBlue's change policy to understand the terms and conditions associated with modifying your reservation. By following these simple steps, you can easily change your JetBlue flight and adjust your travel plans according to your needs. Whether you choose to do it online, through the mobile app, or by contacting customer service, JetBlue provides convenient options to ensure a seamless travel experience.
  • Topics