Silsbee 79 Hardin-Jefferson 76/FINAL

WOSgrad

36 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Now, my personal opinion, not relevant here, I think if the foul doesn't effect the shot (fouls after ball is released) , it shouldn't be called.  Again, just my personal opinion.

But in real life this call is made every time.  and the ref can't say that this is one of those bang bang calls either...  

But the foul does affect the shot.  If the defender is running directly at you and jumps at an angle that will make him run into you,( thereby not permitting you to land on your feet), that defensive approach alters the shot attempt to some degree.  I have seen many a layup where the foul occurred after the shot was released and most of the time it is an "and one" situation.

I don't ever blame the officials but they swallowed their whistle on the last three and also reversed a call after a conference at the halftime buzzer. The Hawks were in a double bonus on that one and it was waived off after the call was made , both should have been shot . We can't change the rules according to game circumstances, if it's a foul in the first it's a foul in the fourth. Water under the bridge now, lets go Hawks. 

13 minutes ago, stevenash said:

But the foul does affect the shot.  If the defender is running directly at you and jumps at an angle that will make him run into you,( thereby not permitting you to land on your feet), that defensive approach alters the shot attempt to some degree.  I have seen many a layup where the foul occurred after the shot was released and most of the time it is an "and one" situation.

Great point. 

20 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I don't ever blame the officials but they swallowed their whistle on the last three and also reversed a call after a conference at the halftime buzzer. The Hawks were in a double bonus on that one and it was waived off after the call was made , both should have been shot . We can't change the rules according to game circumstances, if it's a foul in the first it's a foul in the fourth. Water under the bridge now, lets go Hawks. 

Similar to the ending in BC v Ltown game.  Clock at zero after a missed attempt by BC.  After Ref's conference, .24 sec was put back on clock, and BC got 2 free throws.  I saw the video of the no-call in this game.  The Ref seem to follow the ball.  I'm inclined to think he missed the contact.  It's unfortunate because it taints an otherwise great game, however slightly.  

Still, a great game, and as you said, water under the bridge.  

40 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Out of likes, but true post. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Saw the video. That was a foul.

Everybody wanna say that’s a foul show all the other fouls the other way that wasn’t called!!!! Even being in the bonus in 3rd quarter touch fouls on us and not calling it the other way. Trying to figure out the point. H-J played above there heads great job Hawks but that one play didn’t lose the game 

We can compare fouls on both teams all day.  Some will be correct, some incorrect, and some subject to interpretation.  If you havent seen the one that is being referenced, you are ill equipped to pass judgement.  If you were at the game, explain to me why, at the end of the first half, with HJ in the bonus, a foul was called on Silsbee with three seconds to go.  The whistle blew and then the buzzer went off and then the refs had a "consultation" and the foul was waived off.  Judging from what I saw at the end of each half, my guess is they simply didnt want to spend any more time on the court.  I will repeat something to you based on your complaint.  When you play a highly aggressive defense, you are likely to get turnovers or fouls.  That is the risk that goes with that approach.  Did you see the video?  Did the offended player deserve a chance to shoot three free throws?  Would have made all three?  Nobody knows.  But I do KNOW he EARNED that opportunity and it was not given to him.  I find it quite interesting that you suggest that the missed foul had no impact on the game but "a lot of other fouls called against Silsbee did.

23 minutes ago, stevenash said:

We can compare fouls on both teams all day.  Some will be correct, some incorrect, and some subject to interpretation.  If you havent seen the one that is being referenced, you are ill equipped to pass judgement.  If you were at the game, explain to me why, at the end of the first half, with HJ in the bonus, a foul was called on Silsbee with three seconds to go.  The whistle blew and then the buzzer went off and then the refs had a "consultation" and the foul was waived off.  Judging from what I saw at the end of each half, my guess is they simply didnt want to spend any more time on the court.  I will repeat something to you based on your complaint.  When you play a highly aggressive defense, you are likely to get turnovers or fouls.  That is the risk that goes with that approach.  Did you see the video?  Did the offended player deserve a chance to shoot three free throws?  Would have made all three?  Nobody knows.  But I do KNOW he EARNED that opportunity and it was not given to him.  I find it quite interesting that you suggest that the missed foul had no impact on the game but "a lot of other fouls called against Silsbee did.

I’ve seen it and was on front row so just over look all the other fouls like I said you guys played over your heads good job I don’t see you complaining about all the no calls on your side so take the loss

25 minutes ago, stevenash said:

And by the way I’m equipped to pass judgement on whatever the hell I want too fella

The loss was taken last night.  The foul in question was a glaring error.  Did it change the outcome of the game?  Who knows?  Using your "judgement" was that foul a potential game changer?  Should it have been called?  If it was an obvious foul, which everyone but you says it was, should it not matter because of some other calls you disagreed with?  I said that if you didnt see the foul, you werent qualified to pass judgement on it.

6 hours ago, undiscovered said:

You are very illogical if you think signs from a student section, that calls themselves “hecklers”, are inappropriate. You are a fool. Let the kids have fun, and heckle. As long as they aren’t cussing or throwing things on the court, they should be able to get as rowdy as they want... that is what makes these games fun. 

You called me a fool.  Really?  You just up and call people fools when you disagree with them?  A kid is holding a sign that says TRASH and chanting while Jordan Adams is at the free throw line.  That is what happened.  I saw it.  In effect it singled one kid out calling him trash.  So at least one of the signs was completely inappropriate and any AP there should have removed it and admonished the kid.  

This is a school setting, an educational facility.  There are many things that are inappropriate in addition to the two things you list.  Students in a public school should not be permitted to demean student athletes from another school.  And frankly they shouldn't heckle.  Not everything that is fun can be permitted.  End of story.  

14 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

You called me a fool.  Really?  You just up and call people fools when you disagree with them?  A kid is holding a sign that says TRASH and chanting while Jordan Adams is at the free throw line.  That is what happened.  I saw it.  In effect it singled one kid out calling him trash.  So at least one of the signs was completely inappropriate and any AP there should have removed it and admonished the kid.  

This is a school setting, an educational facility.  There are many things that are inappropriate in addition to the two things you list.  Students in a public school should not be permitted to demean student athletes from another school.  And frankly they shouldn't heckle.  Not everything that is fun can be permitted.  End of story.  

Seriously?  It’s. a. basketball. game!  Keep it clean, but c’mon.  The kids have fun, it makes for a good atmosphere.  You want them to sit on their hands?  Maybe fans should not be allowed to cheer at all, certainly not when an opposing players miss a shot.  That would be demeaning and might really hurt someone’s self esteem.  High school athletes can handle a little good natured heckling without the fun police having to step in.  Good grief. 

I was not at the game. I got a questions. Is it a foul if the ball was tipped? The film is a little blurry at that point but that Silsbee defender go up there, could have tipped the ball. Thing is, if the ball was tipped it almost went in maybe that is why it almost went in. Who knows? 

13 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

I was not at the game. I got a questions. Is it a foul if the ball was tipped? The film is a little blurry at that point but that Silsbee defender go up there, could have tipped the ball. Thing is, if the ball was tipped it almost went in maybe that is why it almost went in. Who knows? 

Yes would still be a foul not like a pass interference call in football..

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

The loss was taken last night.  The foul in question was a glaring error.  Did it change the outcome of the game?  Who knows?  Using your "judgement" was that foul a potential game changer?  Should it have been called?  If it was an obvious foul, which everyone but you says it was, should it not matter because of some other calls you disagreed with?  I said that if you didnt see the foul, you werent qualified to pass judgement on it.

Ok sir 

1 hour ago, BH85 said:

The foul happens after the player lands on the floor, so the contact is after the shot.  Even in double bonus, 2 bonus free throws wouldn't make up the 3 point difference.  

Sorry but the shot was a three point attempt.  Obviously earns three free throws.  The act of shooting includes allowing the shooter to land on his feet.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Sorry but the shot was a three point attempt.  Obviously earns three free throws.  The act of shooting includes allowing the shooter to land on his feet.

It looked like the shooter did land on his feet. The defender just started on his way down and the shooter was already on his feet. From what you have typed, to my understanding, no foul. 

This foul is being overly discussed because it was at the end of the game. All the missed points because no fouls we're called under the basket...all game...are not being talked about. Silsbee won. HJ played their feathers off. Great game to watch. Props to HJ for a well executed game.