Buna 60 Orangefield 59/FINAL

WOSgrad

Buna 60

OF 59 F

What a great basketball game.   Great shot by Connell to give Buna a 1 pt lead with 10 secs left and the Cougars did a good job not giving OF anything easy at the end.  

Bobcats got killed by 3 1st half fouls on their big which limited him to 5 minutes of action.   PG for OF also in foul trouble the whole game and had to sit most of 2nd half.  But unfortunately, refs are part of the game (especially on probably all 3 of the fouls on #12).   

But credit to Buna.   Did what they had to to win.   In other news, may have been an attendance record for an OF boys game.  Both sides were really loud.  

11 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Buna 60

OF 59 F

What a great basketball game.   Great shot by Connell to give Buna a 1 pt lead with 10 secs left and the Cougars did a good job not giving OF anything easy at the end.  

Bobcats got killed by 3 1st half fouls on their big which limited him to 5 minutes of action.   PG for OF also in foul trouble the whole game and had to sit most of 2nd half.  But unfortunately, refs are part of the game (especially on probably all 3 of the fouls on #12).   

But credit to Buna.   Did what they had to to win.   In other news, may have been an attendance record for an OF boys game.  Both sides were really loud.  

Going to be a good one in Hardin next Tuesday.

7 hours ago, Tyler Dixson said:

Alex Connell is the best overall athlete to come through Buna, maybe ever. Has a bright future ahead of him. Glad to say he is a family member of mine. The kid continues to outdo himself.

Is he the post player?  Saw them play a couple times. They have a guard and a post that can play. 

7 hours ago, Tyler Dixson said:

Alex Connell is the best overall athlete to come through Buna, maybe ever. Has a bright future ahead of him. Glad to say he is a family member of mine. The kid continues to outdo himself.

Buna’s coach was pretty dang good back in the day. I remember playing against him several times. 

2 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

Buna’s coach was pretty dang good back in the day. I remember playing against him several times. 

To say he was pretty good would be an understatement lol Coach Whitmire was a great basketball player. Him coming back to coach at Buna, along with some good talent the past 6-7 years, has turned that program around. 

11 hours ago, Tyler Dixson said:

Video of his game winning basket off a missed FT on the front end of a one and one.   Took advantage of no one stopping the ball but still ended up having to make a really difficult shot for the win.  Big time players make big time shots in big games.  

This is the hidden content, please