3rd political party

WOSdrummer99

Why is it that the 2 sides control the country? Why don't we have another option? The country is tired of all the arguing and finger pointing. We need to get rid of all these career politicians that never seem to get anything done.

A ladder with 2 legs can easily be knocked over, but a tripod with 3 legs is much more stable.

11 minutes ago, stevenash said:

And what does it matter where the focus is?  Either Muller has something or he doesnt.  In case you werent aware, Mr. Cohen is somewhat less than a paragon of virtue.

Trump may not have known  Manafort was in debt to the Russians.

At this point, it doesn't matter who did what. Guilty or not, the truth will come out and his day will come. But at what cost to the American people. I have lost all trust in the government and won't believe it either way. Trump was elected because we are tired of politics as usual. Remember drain the swamp. Everyone knew he was going make plenty of enemies. Washington is doing everything to stop trump and nothing for a solution. Neither side wants to compromise. They are not working for the people and they are still getting paid. There are too many flaws with the system.

8 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

At this point, it doesn't matter who did what. Guilty or not, the truth will come out and his day will come. But at what cost to the American people. I have lost all trust in the government and won't believe it either way. Trump was elected because we are tired of politics as usual. Remember drain the swamp. Everyone knew he was going make plenty of enemies. Washington is doing everything to stop trump and nothing for a solution. Neither side wants to compromise. They are not working for the people and they are still getting paid. There are too many flaws with the system.

What are these flaws in the system? What do you propose to fix these flaws?

divide and conquer DEFINITION 

the policy of maintaining control over one's subordinates or subjects by encouraging dissent between them.

Goerge Washington opposed political parties. And not since before Lincoln has there been a president that wasn't dem or rep. Funny that since the time of the civil war, politics has been divided into 2. The 2 party system is meant to divide the American people. It's not just rich and poor, or black and white anymore. Now its reds and blues like bloods and crips. Pick a side or don't even bother. What about those of us stuck in the middle? These 2 gangs have held the American people hostage for long enough. But we have no one to blame but ourselves. These career politicians are not in touch with real people. We need new fresh ideas from people who have actually been affected by they're indecisions to institute real change. I saw a story recently about a young newly elected freshman congressperson. After being furloughed during the last shutdown, she decided to do something about it. One thing I noticed was that she said she only had 2 years to make people's lives better. What if it was like that for all of them? Why don't they have term limits?

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

divide and conquer DEFINITION 

the policy of maintaining control over one's subordinates or subjects by encouraging dissent between them.

Goerge Washington opposed political parties. And not since before Lincoln has there been a president that wasn't dem or rep. Funny that since the time of the civil war, politics has been divided into 2. The 2 party system is meant to divide the American people. It's not just rich and poor, or black and white anymore. Now its reds and blues like bloods and crips. Pick a side or don't even bother. What about those of us stuck in the middle? These 2 gangs have held the American people hostage for long enough. But we have no one to blame but ourselves. These career politicians are not in touch with real people. We need new fresh ideas from people who have actually been affected by they're indecisions to institute real change. I saw a story recently about a young newly elected freshman congressperson. After being furloughed during the last shutdown, she decided to do something about it. One thing I noticed was that she said she only had 2 years to make people's lives better. What if it was like that for all of them? Why don't they have term limits?

I agree with your points. When you said there were "too many flaws with the system", I wasn't sure if you were referring to our system of government (the constitution, laws, rules of governance) or the two party system. As for your statement "we have no one to blame but ourselves", I couldn't agree more. I don't think term limits should be necessary, but the voting history of our electorate has shown that term limits would probably help a whole lot. I would vote in favor of term limits if given the choice.

Unless I slept thru part of my Civics class, the only way to get term limits is for the leechs in both parties to vote for it.  Chances of that happening, infinitely worse than hitting the Mega Million lottery.  

For those of you on the left who don’t get all the news, the reason Ted Cruz is so disliked in Congress is because he wants term limits, and many other changes for his fellow congresspersons.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Unless I slept thru part of my Civics class, the only way to get term limits is for the leechs in both parties to vote for it. 

That's exactly my point. In local govt they have special elections for things such as allowing alchohol sales. In which the citizens vote directly for or against. Why can't we the people do the same thing for the term limits or the wall?

That's exactly my point. In local govt they have special elections for things such as allowing alchohol sales. In which the citizens vote directly for or against. Why can't we the people do the same thing for the term limits or the wall?

Sounds good to me, but the leeches would probably have to authorize it.  Same problem.  But you’ve brought up a good point.  We’re near the point in technology where the people could almost control Govt themselves.  Each household/address could have one vote via a special button or controller, simply yes or no..   DO YOU WANT TERM LIMITS ?   DO WE NEED A WALL ?  Many Foreign affairs wouldn’t be allowed due to secrets.  Still a few years down the rode, but I like the idea.  

• 2 weeks later...

This is the hidden content, please

"Schultz told CBS News' Scott Pelley in an interview that aired Sunday on "60 Minutes" that he's "seriously thinking of running for president." He also said, "I will run as a centrist independent, outside of the two-party system." 

Good deal...he’ll guarantee 4 more years of Trump.

He can do his part to MAGA.