Jalen Hurts Transferring

Tigers2010

22 minutes ago, TXHORN_ET said:

Who exactly has Lincoln Riley developed at the QB position that wasn’t already a natural and more than gifted athlete?

He had Baker for 3 years, so he should get some credit for that.  Kyler for 2

All of these major D1 recruits are naturally gifted athletes or the big schools wouldn’t give them the time of day.  

Someone remind me how the sec did in those bowl games....

Fact of the matter is, QB play has been weak in that conference as have the offenses.   The “prolific” Georgia offense looked rather pedestrian against Texas, as did Tua against Clemson.   All things considered, this is the happiest I’ve been about an OU QB in a few years at least.  Hurts is serviceable, he’s not close to what they’ve had imo.  

As an unbias fan, To be completely honest they're both the same type of QB, run first,  I would say Sam is a better passer though, while Jalen is the better runner. 

The difference is Sam runs the type of offense that fits him for 2+ yrs. While Jalen is in a pass first with no experience, but he still will be a weapon in Rileys offense, Im pretty sure he's going to mold a little more to Jalen and play to his strengths.

6 hours ago, TexazBall said:

As an unbias fan, To be completely honest they're both the same type of QB, run first,  I would say Sam is a better passer though, while Jalen is the better runner. 

The difference is Sam runs the type of offense that fits him for 2+ yrs. While Jalen is in a pass first with no experience, but he still will be a weapon in Rileys offense, Im pretty sure he's going to mold a little more to Jalen and play to his strengths.

Both have the same arm issues. Neither throws the deep ball that great.

I would like to see Hurts play behind UT's o-line when Ehlinger started. Quite different than Bama's.

• 2 weeks later...