Jalen Hurts Transferring

Tigers2010

Miami back in the Hurts race.

SOURCE:

This is the hidden content, please
QB coach Dan Enos, who was in line to become the Tide new OC) is expected to become the new
This is the hidden content, please
offensive coordinator. The hire was 1st reported by Pete Thamel.

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Yeah hit JFF could play.  Tate was running his mouth about being the starter until Fields transferred there.  Now he’s just running away.

The Fields deal will be interesting for the NCAA.  Another student used a racial slur against him and he was so traumatized that he stayed in school the rest of the year and finished the season. Also his little sister was enrolled after this incident happened. Would you let your sister go to a place where you felt threatened by racist?  There is no way the NCAA should allow the waiver unless they want to open Pandora’s Box. 

Every backup in the country is going to be claiming someone called them a name.  

The transfer portal is already going to be bad enough in my opinion, if they don't make Fields sit a year, it'll get out of control no doubt. It seems to me that a large number of kids can't handle/run from adversity or the challenge of working hard to earn a starting spot since they've been entitled and a big fish in a small pond for their entire life.

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Yeah hit JFF could play.  Tate was running his mouth about being the starter until Fields transferred there.  Now he’s just running away.

The Fields deal will be interesting for the NCAA.  Another student used a racial slur against him and he was so traumatized that he stayed in school the rest of the year and finished the season. Also his little sister was enrolled after this incident happened. Would you let your sister go to a place where you felt threatened by racist?  There is no way the NCAA should allow the waiver unless they want to open Pandora’s Box. 

Every backup in the country is going to be claiming someone called them a name.  

Hold on to your hat, 

I bet they allow him to transfer without penalty.

The Early Signing period will be the beginning of the end of the current transfer rules. I can tell you from personal experience that the rules suck. Any player in good academic standing should be allowed to transfer without restrictions.

Even though I’m not a fan of out of state teams, Okie State is a Good QB away from being good again, 

Offense has tons of Weapons, and I love that RB Hubbard, Defense isn’t bad either. If they can get a transfer I can see Okie State being a contender.

Another team I feel is a good QB away is TCU

Has all the weapons around , to make a QB come in and be successful early. Defense should also be better then last year, plus you have Gary Patterson at coach so you would have to think it’s an attracticr place..

if Both these teams land a QB the big 12 just became that much better , You now go from maybe 3 teams to 5 teams who could be in Dallas..

P.S, I wouldn’t want Tate Martell, major talent but dude is a can of worms waiting to be open (brat) 

On 1/10/2019 at 8:11 PM, D3zii said:

Possibilities: TCU, Oklahoma, OK State, Arkansas, Tennessee , Miami

Longshots: Florida, LSU, Houston, All 3 have good QBs in Place 

Dark Horse: Kansas, how fun would it be for him and Les Miles to jump start t

On 1/10/2019 at 11:00 AM, Tigers2010 said:

I don't know if he will. By rule, he can. I can see LSU, but not Auburn. 

Maryland or Miami I think. 

5 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

He will be in for a rude awakening. He won't have the defense he depended on at Alabama. I hope he does well, every week he is not playing The University of Texas.

I think he will be successful! He looked to be a better passer in his appearances this past season. Then give him this spring and summer with Lincoln Riley. He will only get better. 

4 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

I think he will be successful! He looked to be a better passer in his appearances this past season. Then give him this spring and summer with Lincoln Riley. He will only get better. 

No doubt. That is a good pick up for them. He won't be able to match near the level of production Murray or Mayfield gave them, but he will be solid.

16 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Crap...

The best season he had at Alabama, he threw for half the amount of yards as Murray just did. 2K yards less. In his best rushing season he rushed for less yards than Murray did this year. He won't have the Bama defense to relieve the pressure of having to score so much. Again, I think he is a good player, but he is light years away from what OU has trotted out there the last 3 years.

30 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

The best season he had at Alabama, he threw for half the amount of yards as Murray just did. 2K yards less. In his best rushing season he rushed for less yards than Murray did this year. He won't have the Bama defense to relieve the pressure of having to score so much. Again, I think he is a good player, but he is light years away from what OU has trotted out there the last 3 years.

And his last name doesn't start with an "M", so we should be good to go??