Orangefield 79 Anahuac 29/FINAL

33 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Tell me about OF’s big kid? Β Is he anything other than a big presence?

He's still very raw, doesn't really have a back to the basket game yet. He does have great feet and very good touch around the basket with a pretty good jump shot. He also might be the best passer on the team. He'll start at high post and does a great job at finding shooters and cutters.

Defensively he's a huge presence, he blocks a ton of shots each game but the number of shots he alters is crazy. Good rebounder and has a great knack of starting the fast break. And of course his ability to dunk is huge in momentum swings during games.

59 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Tell me about OF’s big kid? Β Is he anything other than a big presence?

He’s only been playing for 3 years. Β Played primarily soccer before that. Β Crazy athletic for his size. Β His feet and touch around the basket are pretty amazing given his limited exposure to the game. Β  His vision is really exceptional but I attribute that to soccer - you are used to using your peripheral. Β  His free throw shooting has improved from around 50 over the summer to mid to high 60s this season. Β  He’s been working on that as well.

He had 13 (6-6 FGs) & 12 tonight (along with 3 assists, blocks and steals) in 11 minutes of PT. Β It’s tough to tell much playing in these types of games. Β But I will say that even playing elite bigs around the country, he’s an elite defender. Β His knack for blocking shots is pretty special, even if he didn’t have a 7’ wing span.

He will play D1. Β Question of how high will depend on his summer.

Β 

Β 

11 hours ago, TxHoops said:

The Bobcats move to 20-5 on the season with the win, and 3-1 in district play heading into Friday’s game hosting Buna. Β  Not sure when the last time Orangefield won 20 games but it was before MaxPreps :DΒ 

04-05 season ;-) I think we only lost 8 games that year.Β