TODD PAINE NAMED NEW HC AT KOUNTZE

urban_meyer

10 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Cox?  Are you serious?  He was part of that horrible regime (the three stooges)  that made  Central football become a laughing joke.  He had athletes galore and had full control over the offense and put up historically low numbers while on Central's sidelines.  

I mean, I know he's doing well at South Park Middle school.  Maybe it is his calling to coach at the middle school level.  

Kountze don't have the athletes like in Beaumont. And he'll be in a district with the likes of Newton and Corrigan-Camden.  He'll get ran off the field with those games...

Ur not gonna find many football coaches wanting the job without being the ad. Would it better ktz athletics.  Yes it would. Joubert can concentrate on the roundball.   Ktz athletics is down all the way around starting in jh.  Go back to the top of the page and see the overall record.   

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:29 PM, 5GallonBucket said:

Especially from the south end.  There’s already kids leaving for either west brook or neighboring districts due to the issues at bmt United

Smh.  Move from Beaumont to Kountze?  Ok, let me know how that goes.  Funny how you say that yet I had someone walk in my office yesterday saying that United just received an incoming transfer in yesterday that will help in their secondary. 

PN-G has received one kid from us that was a starter on JV.  Not saying I know EVERYTHING that goes on at The U but I'm pretty close to it...

30 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Riff raff?  Where that come from 

I didn’t say “ ALOT”.   but if u actually think the athletes/ parents at United don’t see the bigger picture ur sadly mistaken.  U wanna talk about the horrible regime at central.  So does the U have it figured out. U got a coach past his prime and a hc  in waiting that has won how many games? Winning and scholarships are what courts kids we all know that.   U ll be surprised come August.

Yes, I do agree and will be the 1st to say that the football hire at United was a mistake, I said it when it was announced.  That head coach in waiting won't get the reigns when AL steps down unless they make a playoff run in 2019.  I most undoubtingly agree that winning and scholarships is what counts and neither is happening but the cupboard is far from being bare at United...

12 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Smh.  Move from Beaumont to Kountze?  Ok, let me know how that goes.  Funny how you say that yet I had someone walk in my office yesterday saying that United just received an incoming transfer in yesterday that will help in their secondary. 

PN-G has received one kid from us that was a starter on JV.  Not saying I know EVERYTHING that goes on at The U but I'm pretty close to it...

So ur saying it won’t happen?  Most of the ones I know of are at the jh level that are feeder to United. And yes I do know a few that are willing to leave the United path and go else where if that situation doesn’t change quickly..... and it’s not just United but the environment of living in bmt...... so yeah ec, hj, kountze are a few I have heard come up in conversation. Yeah I know of a move in as well that has enrolled at United that will help them.  But if the coaching situation doesn’t change nothing will change.  

27 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Ur not gonna find many football coaches wanting the job without being the ad. Would it better ktz athletics.  Yes it would. Joubert can concentrate on the roundball.   Ktz athletics is down all the way around starting in jh.  Go back to the top of the page and see the overall record.   

Cox would be a good fit, let him go...but ain't no parent sending their kid to Kountz to follow him if the kid has ANY serious potential.

5 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Yes, I do agree and will be the 1st to say that the football hire at United was a mistake, I said it when it was announced.  That head coach in waiting won't get the reigns when AL steps down unless they make a playoff run in 2019.  I most undoubtingly agree that winning and scholarships is what counts and neither is happening but the cupboard is far from being bare at United...

I agree with that United has got plenty of talent.  

4 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

So ur saying it won’t happen?  Most of the ones I know of are at the jh level that are feeder to United. And yes I do know a few that are willing to leave the United path and go else where if that situation doesn’t change quickly..... and it’s not just United but the environment of living in bmt...... so yeah ec, hj, kountze are a few I have heard come up in conversation. Yeah I know of a move in as well that has enrolled at United that will help them.  But if the coaching situation doesn’t change nothing will change.  

Sounds like we agree on a few things.  I have no contact with the junior high kids and yes since so many people are renting homes or apartments (not in a mortgage), a few may move around but that happens everywhere.  I don't live in a box in Beaumont but every community has issues.  You will just hear about it more when you are the only town in the area with over 100K people. 

I totally agree about the coaching situation.  I even spoke at a board meeting about it.  He has a full offseason now so he won't be able to use that excuse if he has another 2-8 campaign.  Me personally, anything less than 5-5 and getting into the playoffs is unacceptable.  The district is top heavy with North Shore and West Brook, but those other 2 spots are up for anyone's taking. 

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:55 AM, PlayActionPass said:

I'm sure this job will garner some attention from some area Coordinators.

This is the kind of job where I would really like to see the Enterprise file a FOI request so we could see the candidates.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 0:19 PM, PlayActionPass said:

If your Offensive Line/Offensive Coordinator gets the job then maybe they will start doing that.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 0:06 PM, PlayActionPass said:

Do we have a list of all of the Coordinators that have applied for this job?

I can not imagine a single Head Football Coach applying for this job.

Well, maybe one. 

I know one at United that was very frustrated on how things went and wouldn't be surprised if his name is on the list.  I'd hate to lose him but he will get a opportunity soon to be a HC somewhere...

3 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Riff raff?  Where that come from 

I didn’t say “ ALOT”.   but if u actually think the athletes/ parents at United don’t see the bigger picture ur sadly mistaken.  U wanna talk about the horrible regime at central.  So does the U have it figured out. U got a coach past his prime and a hc  in waiting that has won how many games? Winning and scholarships are what courts kids we all know that.   U ll be surprised come August.

I'm not a big fan of the current staff.  All I'm saying is that coach at South Park has no clue at all.  I'd go a different direction first.  When the three stooges were at Central, I went to every game.  Non of those three had a clue.  Heck, it was under them that 10 players played on defense for 5 mins, a game that we lost.  

3 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I seen it (the overall record) .  And I'm confident that Joubert is the guy to get that basketball back on point.. 

3 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Is that a done deal?

You would figure that people would want to open it up and do a better job of vetting this go round?

44 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Is that a done deal?

You would figure that people would want to open it up and do a better job of vetting this go round?

44 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Is that a done deal?

That was the word when AL first got the job because ET has a BISD POWER that really cuts for him.  WHENEVER it should come open, open it up for outside applicants.  After opening it up, if the best is from within BISD, then so be it.