TODD PAINE NAMED NEW HC AT KOUNTZE

urban_meyer

Scored 24 points in district play and 76 for the year.

11 wins the past 5 years.

2014= 4-7

2015=2-8

2016=3-7

2017=1-7

2018=1-9

I agree that it is best to have a guy come in to lead the team.  But if I were a betting man, itll take more than a fresh face to turn it around anytime soon.  I think the talent level has gone down altogether in Kountze.  They had a couple athletic kids play football recently, but it's hard to turn the corner.  I wish them luck.  Would like to see another successful SETX team.

9 hours ago, PdaddyBball said:

Scored 24 points in district play and 76 for the year.

11 wins the past 5 years.

2014= 4-7

2015=2-8

2016=3-7

2017=1-7

2018=1-9

I agree that it is best to have a guy come in to lead the team.  But if I were a betting man, itll take more than a fresh face to turn it around anytime soon.  I think the talent level has gone down altogether in Kountze.  They had a couple athletic kids play football recently, but it's hard to turn the corner.  I wish them luck.  Would like to see another successful SETX team.

Didn’t there best freshman transfer to Silsbee this season?

2 hours ago, The Icon said:

Didn’t there best freshman transfer to Silsbee this season?

It would be really hard to keep a talented kid enrolled in Kountze and staring at a losing season/career when he/she can cross the creek and play at Silsbee and have decent chance of making the post-season. 

There is talent there, it just hasn't been developed or it left town.  I hope they can make a good hire.

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It would be really hard to keep a talented kid enrolled in Kountze and staring at a losing season/career when he/she can cross the creek and play at Silsbee and have decent chance of making the post-season. 

There is talent there, it just hasn't been developed or it left town.  I hope they can make a good hire.

Kountze had two Stud RB's for this season that would have gave the district (Outside of Newton) fits... One moved to Silsbee and is one of the better RB's there as a sophomore. The other one snapped his leg and tore all kind of stuff up and didn't play the rest of the year. Best lineman got a concussion at the end of last year and never made it back. SIlsbee's "Jet Sweep" kid moved from Kountze also. 6'6 270 freshman moved last year and a 6'2 300 left last year also. The "talent" is being developed. It is going to be hard to find someone that coaches football as hard as Joubert and that cares about the kids as much as him. 

1 hour ago, bradyb said:

Kountze had two Stud RB's for this season that would have gave the district (Outside of Newton) fits... One moved to Silsbee and is one of the better RB's there as a sophomore. The other one snapped his leg and tore all kind of stuff up and didn't play the rest of the year. Best lineman got a concussion at the end of last year and never made it back. SIlsbee's "Jet Sweep" kid moved from Kountze also. 6'6 270 freshman moved last year and a 6'2 300 left last year also. The "talent" is being developed. It is going to be hard to find someone that coaches football as hard as Joubert and that cares about the kids as much as him. 

Not trying to sound mean, but there's a reason that nobody tries to coach football and basketball.  

At the end of the day, programs (and schools) are judged on wins/losses. In this era, kids are ready to "take their talents" elsewhere if they believe that their home school is going to lose.  Winning will win out over "cares about the kids" every day of the week... not just among the people who make personnel decisions, but also among student athletes.  

I'd like to see Kountze pick up a strong HC, but they'll honestly have to find an unknown up-and-comer and hope to hang onto him for a few years.  Decent football coaches aren't interested in schools where the basketball coach is holding down the AD title, unfortunately. 

I'd sure like to see Kountze have some success, though. 

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Not trying to sound mean, but there's a reason that nobody tries to coach football and basketball.  

At the end of the day, programs (and schools) are judged on wins/losses. In this era, kids are ready to "take their talents" elsewhere if they believe that their home school is going to lose.  Winning will win out over "cares about the kids" every day of the week... not just among the people who make personnel decisions, but also among student athletes.  

I'd like to see Kountze pick up a strong HC, but they'll honestly have to find an unknown up-and-comer and hope to hang onto him for a few years.  Decent football coaches aren't interested in schools where the basketball coach is holding down the AD title, unfortunately. 

I'd sure like to see Kountze have some success, though. 

I understand. Sometimes people just do not know what they are talking about. Not saying that about you at all. I always laugh when people on here and in Kountze say that Joubert only cares and knows about basketball. People fail to realize that football was his sport. He played college football and still holds records at the College he played at. He works his tail off in both sports. You have to have the talent. I think people can look at the basketball season right now and understand that coaching is not the problem in Kountze right now. 

49 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Kountze can't expect to get a good football coach as long as the basketball coach has the AD title.. Pay is already bad, take away the AD rate and there is no point. If he is a football guy, and won't let go of the AD title, why not coach football and hire another basketball coach? 

Probably because up until this year basketball was the best game in town.  Why take over a program that has never been in any good just to give up a program that's a consistent powerhouse?

8 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Probably because up until this year basketball was the best game in town.  Why take over a program that has never been in any good just to give up a program that's a consistent powerhouse?

I agree basketball would be the way I would go, and most people looking at it.

But, he is supposedly a football guy. More importantly, you will never get a good football coach if the AD title/money is going to the basketball coach. It is having the cake and eating it too. He gets out of the trainwreck that is Kountze football, doesn't have to be the dude, but still keeps the money that goes with it. Doesn't seem right.

5 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

But, he is supposedly a football guy. More importantly, you will never get a good football coach if the AD title/money is going to the basketball coach. 

Sometimes you are a better coach of a sport that you weren't quite as talented in because you had to work harder at being good and actually found more ways to compete than on just talent alone. Not saying this is the case with Joubert, just trying to make a point.

Kountze could get a really good football coach, even without the AD title and money, but it will have to be a Coordinator looking for an opportunity to get his head coaching career started. Now, if he comes in and does a good job and gets things going in the right direction, he will be hard to keep without the AD title and money.

24 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

But, he is supposedly a football guy. More importantly, you will never get a good football coach if the AD title/money is going to the basketball coach. It is having the cake and eating it too. He gets out of the trainwreck that is Kountze football, doesn't have to be the dude, but still keeps the money that goes with it. Doesn't seem right.

I doubt very seriously that he'd give up the AD title voluntarily.  Right or not... I'm willing to bet that he "and others" feel as though he has earned the right to be the Athletic Director of Kountze High School.  Regardless of the sport.  True that they won't get a seasoned football guy without that title and money that goes with it.  I would hope they can somewhat negotiate on how to find the new person a salary relatively deserving of a Head Football Coach without piling a lot of other sports on top of it to do so.  You might be surprised.  There are a lot of young, hungry football coaches out there that really want to get their start.  No matter what happens I'm sure it'll work out fine.  Certainly, it'll be much better for Joubert not having to deal with that extra headache.  Which also makes me certain that he'll try to hire someone that will be capable of absorbing some of that stress. 

On 1/9/2019 at 10:55 AM, PlayActionPass said:

Sometimes you are a better coach of a sport that you weren't quite as talented in because you had to work harder at being good and actually found more ways to compete than on just talent alone. Not saying this is the case with Joubert, just trying to make a point.

Kountze could get a really good football coach, even without the AD title and money, but it will have to be a Coordinator looking for an opportunity to get his head coaching career started. Now, if he comes in and does a good job and gets things going in the right direction, he will be hard to keep without the AD title and money.

Sutherland was a football guy. Look at his success

On 1/10/2019 at 10:55 AM, PlayActionPass said:

I'm sure this job will garner some attention from some area Coordinators.

This is the kind of job where I would really like to see the Enterprise file a FOI request so we could see the candidates.

There s a guy at South Park who used to be part of the central staff.  He was either oc or dc I believe at one time.  He wouldn’t mine just being a HC.  All he wants to do is coach football.  As well he ll bring some bmt kids with him.  He connects very well with the kids.  

On 1/18/2019 at 10:26 PM, 5GallonBucket said:

There s a guy at South Park who used to be part of the central staff.  He was either oc or dc I believe at one time.  He wouldn’t mine just being a HC.  All he wants to do is coach football.  As well he ll bring some bmt kids with him.  He connects very well with the kids.  

Cox?  Are you serious?  He was part of that horrible regime (the three stooges)  that made  Central football become a laughing joke.  He had athletes galore and had full control over the offense and put up historically low numbers while on Central's sidelines.  

I mean, I know he's doing well at South Park Middle school.  Maybe it is his calling to coach at the middle school level.  

Kountze don't have the athletes like in Beaumont. And he'll be in a district with the likes of Newton and Corrigan-Camden.  He'll get ran off the field with those games...

On 1/18/2019 at 10:29 PM, 5GallonBucket said:

Especially from the south end.  There’s already kids leaving for either west brook or neighboring districts due to the issues at bmt United

Not a lot of kids leaving United.  You're exaggerating a bit.  You have riff raff at both WB and United.  

And those South Park 8th graders are on a crash course to the Maroon and Gold...  Unless the Coach from the west end continues to 'court' them...  Smh

9 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Not a lot of kids leaving United.  You're exaggerating a bit.  You have riff raff at both WB and United.  

And those South Park 8th graders are on a crash course to the Maroon and Gold...  Unless the Coach from the west end continues to 'court' them...  Smh

Riff raff?  Where that come from 

I didn’t say “ ALOT”.   but if u actually think the athletes/ parents at United don’t see the bigger picture ur sadly mistaken.  U wanna talk about the horrible regime at central.  So does the U have it figured out. U got a coach past his prime and a hc  in waiting that has won how many games? Winning and scholarships are what courts kids we all know that.   U ll be surprised come August.