Hook'em

2019 Houston Astros

28 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Yea I hope the rookie can stay and take the 5th rotation spot. McHugh got moved back to bullpen. Bregman just hit another HR vs DET. But Altuve's fighting another injury...

Second baseman José Altuve may not begin rehabbing his left hamstring strain until the end of the Detroit series or when the team travels to Boston for a weekend series at Fenway Park, Hinch said. Altuve, the 2017 AL MVP Award winner, was placed on the 10-day Injured List on May 11, and Hinch said Monday there currently isn’t a timeline for his return.

Speaking of, does anyone know why it's now called an injured list, and not the disabled list? Are we that sensitive that we cant refer to people as disabled?

You fastened on the exact reason why the disabled list was changed to the injured list.  Just so everybody knows, I will continue to call it the disabled list.

On 5/14/2019 at 0:27 AM, WOSgrad said:

You fastened on the exact reason why the disabled list was changed to the injured list.  Just so everybody knows, I will continue to call it the disabled list.

How about “physically unable to perform” list?

The Astros already have 2 10 game win streaks this season. Which, this early in the season, has only been one other time by the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers. Chris sale and the red Sox ended the streak yesterday. Unfortunately early season mvp George Springer left the game with lower back stiffness.