2019 Houston Astros

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Yea I hope the rookie can stay and take the 5th rotation spot. McHugh got moved back to bullpen. Bregman just hit another HR vs DET. But Altuve's fighting another injury...

Second baseman José Altuve may not begin rehabbing his left hamstring strain until the end of the Detroit series or when the team travels to Boston for a weekend series at Fenway Park, Hinch said. Altuve, the 2017 AL MVP Award winner, was placed on the 10-day Injured List on May 11, and Hinch said Monday there currently isn’t a timeline for his return.

Speaking of, does anyone know why it's now called an injured list, and not the disabled list? Are we that sensitive that we cant refer to people as disabled?

You fastened on the exact reason why the disabled list was changed to the injured list.  Just so everybody knows, I will continue to call it the disabled list.

On 5/14/2019 at 0:27 AM, WOSgrad said:

You fastened on the exact reason why the disabled list was changed to the injured list.  Just so everybody knows, I will continue to call it the disabled list.

How about “physically unable to perform” list?

The Astros already have 2 10 game win streaks this season. Which, this early in the season, has only been one other time by the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers. Chris sale and the red Sox ended the streak yesterday. Unfortunately early season mvp George Springer left the game with lower back stiffness.

9 hours ago, OneChance said:

So Dallas Keuchel, goes to The ATL Braves for $13 million for one year, but turned down a $17.9 million one year deal from the Astro’s in the off-season? I think somebody over valued their client and would probably be getting fired if it were me.

Agree. If he disappoints the Braves, no one will want him. Look how long this deal took to develop. Won the Cy one year, the next, could hardly win a game.

Us regular people will never make that much money in our entire life. So it's hard for me to think about losing out on almost 5mil. But for Keuchel it's probably the only way he can make it thru the playoffs. With his arm fatigue and and other injuries, he's definitely not the ace cy young he was back in 2015. The Astros offered him 17.9mil to a #3 and he didn't take it. Personally I feel like he should've stayed with the team. But there is no loyalty to the team in baseball anymore. The days of hof players like Biggio and chipper Jones staying with a team are over. Money is the root of all evil.

5 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Astros manager with 100% approval rating.

This is the hidden content, please

Can’t deny Hinch is a great manager. He overthought the Milwaukee game. Relief pitchers were doing good and he kept changing them. Oh well.

Astros playing well. No telling how good we could be if the HEB commercial boys could get off the injured list.

On 4/12/2019 at 3:34 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

That was the first time we got the sweep of Yankees. I know NY has some injuries and won't be the same team later in the season. But I liked seeing the offense get going.

LETS GO ASTROS!!!

I guess they remember that sweep. 1 more chance for us to avoid it now in NY. 

LETS GO ASTROS!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Pitching has been a joke lately with peacock missing time. They have to get a solid starter before the July 31 trade deadline. Giants starter Madison Bumgarner had Houston on his no trade list. But I'm still hopeful they can make it happen. If you remember Verlander didn't want to come to Houston at first either