Warren 51 Hardin 60/FINAL

55 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Coldspring-Oakhurst, Anahuac, Orangefield, Trinity, Tatum, Groesbeck, Little River Academy, Lago Vista, Paradise, Boyd, Commerce, Denver City, etc, etc........

Not every.

Coldspring ---- Hwy 59

Anahuac ---- i-10

Orangefield ----- i-10

Trinity ---Hwy 19

Tatum ---- hwy 43

Groesbeck - I45 is 15 mins away

Lago Vista - I 35 is 15 mins away

Paradise and Boyd --- are very close to Hwy 287 with tons of industry

Commerce - 12 minutes from i-30

Denver city - surrounded by a booming oilfield market with TONS of industry

All of these towns you listed have industry to some regard and a major highway, interstate within 10-15 miles of its location. Name one 3a in the state that has the geographical makeup as Hardin.

Trust me....you can't. I have tried many times before with very thorough research.  There's not a 3a town in the state that requires its students/parents to drive past 4 other ISD's to get to its own campuses........27 miles away at the north end of its district. That makes up 30% of its enrollment. Trust me......there is not another district in the state thats even remotely comparable.

4 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

Coldspring ---- Hwy 59

Anahuac ---- i-10

Orangefield ----- i-10

Trinity ---Hwy 19

Tatum ---- hwy 43

All of these towns you listed have industry to some regard and a major highway, interstate within 10-15 miles of its location. Name one 3a in the state that has the geographical makeup as Hardin.

Trust me....you can't. I have tried many times before with very thorough research.  There's not a 3a town in the state that requires its students/parents to drive past 4 other ISD's to get to its own campuses........27 miles away at the north end of its district. That makes up 30% of its enrollment. Trust me......there is not another district in the state thats even remotely comparable.

Is there such an industry in Buna?

5 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

Coldspring ---- Hwy 59

Anahuac ---- i-10

Orangefield ----- i-10

Trinity ---Hwy 19

Tatum ---- hwy 43

146 is as big a Hwy as 19 and 43.

Hardin is closer to 90 than Coldspring is to 59.

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

146 is as big a Hwy as 19 and 43.

Hardin is closer to 90 than Coldspring is to 59.

Yes, but you are not taking Industry into consideration when evaluating these Hwy's and Interstates.  Drive thru Coldspring and Trinity and tell me (Do they look like Hardin who has a redlight, dollar store and a mexican restaraunt ? No, they have businesses, golf courses, grocery stores, etc.  

4 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

Yes, but you are not taking Industry into consideration when evaluating these Hwy's and Interstates.  Drive thru Coldspring and Trinity and tell me (Do they look like Hardin who has a redlight, dollar store and a mexican restaraunt ? No, they have businesses, golf courses, grocery stores, etc.  

Have you been thru Coldspring lately?

9 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

Buna has 3 red lights, a dollar store, and Faustos Fried chicken. LOL

The papermill is not in Buna, but they do have a rundown sawmill that hasn't been in business in a good while.

Warren isn't exactly a Mecca for industry and having a highway passing through your town doesn't equate to athletic success. I don't claim to be an expert on Hardin athletics but I have been going over there to sporting events for 50 years or so. Like I said before there has been Randolphs and Reescanos over there for years , did those settlers all move? All school districts go through up and down stretches with talent but the good coaches get the the kids walking the halls to buy in to the system and develop a program. I would be more concerned if I lived in Hardin as to why kids don't come out for the program anymore than I would be the schedule strength but that's just me. 

On 1/5/2019 at 11:41 AM, oldschool2 said:

When two teams of relatively equal talent play each other.. I’m betting on the team that’s used to winning.  Those kids don’t care who’s on the schedule.  I truly believe that the only reason Hardin beat a couple equally talented teams in football was because of the fact that they went into the game with a winning record.

You can make whatever argument you want.. EC is better than they were last year..yet Hardin played them just as “close”.  Warren had a tougher preseason schedule..exponentially.  Yet they lost to Hardin who had a cupcake schedule.

I’m not condoning scheduling all cupcakes because I believe you do need to put your team in some uncomfortable situations..but at the end of the day, if you want the team to trust that the coach is doing what it takes to win games then it needs to reflect that on the schedule.

I agree to some extent.  Any team that does nothing but lose, gets use to losing.  Winning builds a tradition somewhat, or at least a winning mentality.  That creates a solid base for improving the program.  Jmo.