Warren 51 Hardin 60/FINAL

This is some more of the every one gets a trophy syndrome. Hardin may have a better ball club than Warren, they did beat them after being tied at the half but their schedule didn't have anything to do with it. I don't think anyone builds confidence by playing a school with 20 students. I know you don't do anything to improve your game. 

1 hour ago, whsalum said:

This is some more of the every one gets a trophy syndrome. Hardin may have a better ball club than Warren, they did beat them after being tied at the half but their schedule didn't have anything to do with it. I don't think anyone builds confidence by playing a school with 20 students. I know you don't do anything to improve your game. 

When two teams of relatively equal talent play each other.. I’m betting on the team that’s used to winning.  Those kids don’t care who’s on the schedule.  I truly believe that the only reason Hardin beat a couple equally talented teams in football was because of the fact that they went into the game with a winning record.

You can make whatever argument you want.. EC is better than they were last year..yet Hardin played them just as “close”.  Warren had a tougher preseason schedule..exponentially.  Yet they lost to Hardin who had a cupcake schedule.

I’m not condoning scheduling all cupcakes because I believe you do need to put your team in some uncomfortable situations..but at the end of the day, if you want the team to trust that the coach is doing what it takes to win games then it needs to reflect that on the schedule.

1 hour ago, whsalum said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Hardins second team could have the same record as their first with the schedule they're playing. Just a difference of opinion maybe but I don't think you get any better playing teams that don't challenge you. 

Define challenge?  They lost to 2a West Hardin.  Some of you are still not getting the point.   Who do you want Hardin to play in the area that is the same size relatively ---so they can get better by taking a 30 point loss?   When you stack wins, you expect to win and when you expect to win, you win games you were not supposed to win.  We're not talking about contending for a district championship.  We're talking about limping into the playoffs.  Something Hardin has only done 7 times in the last 20 years.  Not exactly a basketball dynasty folks.

Then why schedule anyone? Let your second team scrimmage your first and go undefeated. At one time only one team in each district went to the playoffs and everyone scheduled trying to get good enough to be that team. In those days Hardin was full of Randolphs and Reecanos. I'm assuming there is still some basketball talent in Hardin.

44 minutes ago, whsalum said:

If they won half of them against Fred Good Samaritan, Bob Hope and Hampshire Fannett JV they probably won't talk about it. I don't know Coach Collins but I guess he's got his reasons. 

What did you think of Collins non-athletic Hardin team two years ago beating EC or an even less athletic team last year beating Kountze at Kountze last year? What about this years non athletic team who lost to 2a West Hardin defeating Kville and Warren who are both far more athletic ? 

Maybe it's just the coach in Hardin? One thing is certain, it's not athletes.  He's got 10 white kids who are not selfish but hustle their nuts off.  I'm sure he'd like to coach an athletic team one day.  I think there's one athlete in 4th grade so.....yea 

6 hours ago, GoFundMe said:

What did you think of Collins non-athletic Hardin team two years ago beating EC or an even less athletic team last year beating Kountze at Kountze last year? What about this years non athletic team who lost to 2a West Hardin defeating Kville and Warren who are both far more athletic ? 

Maybe it's just the coach in Hardin? One thing is certain, it's not athletes.  He's got 10 white kids who are not selfish but hustle their nuts off.  I'm sure he'd like to coach an athletic team one day.  I think there's one athlete in 4th grade so.....yea 

With ALOT of home cooking

15 hours ago, About a week ago said:

With ALOT of home cooking

Home cooking ? How's that possible? The refs were from Baytown chapter, no? EC has a clear advantage in the home cooking referee department sweetheart. That don't explain defeating Kountze at their place does it? You lost to an all white, nobody able to touch the rim, extremely non-athletic team in Hardin.  Relax

49 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

Home cooking ? How's that possible? The refs were from Baytown chapter, no? EC has a clear advantage in the home cooking referee department sweetheart. That don't explain defeating Kountze at their place does it? You lost to an all white, nobody able to touch the rim, extremely non-athletic team in Hardin.  Relax

I’m not going to go into detail, but maybe you should ask a friend or two that was at the game. Multiple Hardin people told me that no way Hardin should have won that game. I mean PHANTOM foul calls, technicals, you name it. Just to show you...the official book and both team books had EC’s possession and he told them they were all 3 wrong and he was right....lol

21 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

I’m not going to go into detail, but maybe you should ask a friend or two that was at the game. Multiple Hardin people told me that no way Hardin should have won that game. I mean PHANTOM foul calls, technicals, you name it. Just to show you...the official book and both team books had EC’s possession and he told them they were all 3 wrong and he was right....lol

I saw the game film and I agree with you.

3 hours ago, whsalum said:

Why are the teams in Hardin suddenly all white? 

Not sure....haven't been here long but I have a buddy on the coaching staff.  He says we have been without for 4/5 years now...and from what I can tell there are only 1-2 athletes at the lower levels and none in junior high.  You have to remember,  Hardin is in the middle of nowhere and does not have any industry or a major highway anywhere near it UNLIKE EVERY 3a D1 team in the STATE.  

5 hours ago, GoFundMe said:

Not sure....haven't been here long but I have a buddy on the coaching staff.  He says we have been without for 4/5 years now...and from what I can tell there are only 1-2 athletes at the lower levels and none in junior high.  You have to remember,  Hardin is in the middle of nowhere and does not have any industry or a major highway anywhere near it UNLIKE EVERY 3a D1 team in the STATE.  

Every?