East Chambers 100 Hardin 50/FINAL

7 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:
7 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

Last year Hardin lost to East Chambers 101-47 but did not play Good Samaritan.  Should they have played GS last year in order to not get beat by 50+ ?  Asking for a coach

3A school with this schedule needs no explanation:

Nov. 10 - at Fred Good Samaritan, 70-11

Nov. 13 - at Tarkington, ccl

Nov. 16 - Fred Good Samaritan, 63-18

Nov. 19 - at Spurger, 56-47

Nov. 27 - Port Arthur Bob Hope, 66-18

Nov. 29-Dec. 1 - Deweyville Tournament

Colmesneil, 64-46

Port Arthur Bob Hope, 74-32

Hamshire-Fannett JV, 63-17

Deweyville, 86-44

Brookeland, 60-41

Dec. 4 - Goodrich, 77-12

Dec. 6-8 - High Island Tourament

Deweyville, 44-28

Sabine Pass, 54-28

Port Arthur Bob Hope, 58-28

High Island, 58-17

West Hardin, 37-36

Dec. 11 - at Hull-Daisetta, W

Dec. 13-15 - Baytown Christian Tournament

Grace Christian, W

Baytown Christian, L

CHSA W

Dec. 18 - Kirbyville, 56-42*

Hardin has played two schools that are 3A and that is only because they have to play them (district games). All other opponents are 2A, 1A and small private schools. Give me a break.

14 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

3A school with this schedule needs no explanation:

Nov. 10 - at Fred Good Samaritan, 70-11

Nov. 13 - at Tarkington, ccl

Nov. 16 - Fred Good Samaritan, 63-18

Nov. 19 - at Spurger, 56-47

Nov. 27 - Port Arthur Bob Hope, 66-18

Nov. 29-Dec. 1 - Deweyville Tournament

Colmesneil, 64-46

Port Arthur Bob Hope, 74-32

Hamshire-Fannett JV, 63-17

Deweyville, 86-44

Brookeland, 60-41

Dec. 4 - Goodrich, 77-12

Dec. 6-8 - High Island Tourament

Deweyville, 44-28

Sabine Pass, 54-28

Port Arthur Bob Hope, 58-28

High Island, 58-17

West Hardin, 37-36

Dec. 11 - at Hull-Daisetta, W

Dec. 13-15 - Baytown Christian Tournament

Grace Christian, W

Baytown Christian, L

CHSA W

Dec. 18 - Kirbyville, 56-42*

Hardin has played two schools that are 3A and that is only because they have to play them (district games). All other opponents are 2A, 1A and small private schools. Give me a break.

I'm not sure I understand why you want Hardin to play teams they can't beat ?  What good does that do for the program? They lost to West Hardin who is 2a, so who should they schedule (larger) than West Hardin in order to lose a bunch of games so the coach can get run off or disappoint the community or parents of players.  I just don't comprehend the suggested idea that any team needs to or MUST play up in order to get respect so they can finish 5th or 7th in their own district and miss the playoffs again?  Please help me understand.

4 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

I'm not sure I understand why you want Hardin to play teams they can't beat ?  What good does that do for the program? They lost to West Hardin who is 2a, so who should they schedule (larger) than West Hardin in order to lose a bunch of games so the coach can get run off or disappoint the community or parents of players.  I just don't comprehend the suggested idea that any team needs to or MUST play up in order to get respect so they can finish 5th or 7th in their own district and miss the playoffs again?  Please help me understand.

So you don't think playing a few teams at same level or up would help make the team better and more prepared for better teams?

IMO, the schedule that Hardin has played so far gives them a false sense of how good (or bad) they really are. Of those 18 wins, none are quality wins. How is that making the team better.

And you state that if they were to lose several games, the coach would get run off. Well is that what's important here, getting wins over weak teams or getting better as a team.

Like I said, I would much rather be 18-12 and going to playoffs than be 24-6 and missing playoffs.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So you don't think playing a few teams at same level or up would help make the team better and more prepared for better teams?

IMO, the schedule that Hardin has played so far gives them a false sense of how good (or bad) they really are. Of those 18 wins, none are quality wins. How is that making the team better.

And you state that if they were to lose several games, the coach would get run off. Well is that what's important here, getting wins over weak teams or getting better as a team.

Like I said, I would much rather be 18-12 and going to playoffs than be 24-6 and missing playoffs.

The point is they played a tougher schedule last year and they still did not make the playoffs.  They did NOT play GS last year and lost by 54 at EC.  They played GS this year and lost by 50.  Anybody else getting this? It's Hardin we're talking about by the way.  Is AAW on Warrens case about who they have or have not played and why they haven't been relevant in BASKETBALL in 15 years like Hardin has? Nope.  We just want Hardin playing tougher competition in non-district games so they will have some L's on the schedule and we won't have to discuss at all why they are 18-3 or whatever they are.  Am I right ? Thought so.

6 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

The point is they played a tougher schedule last year and they still did not make the playoffs.  They did NOT play GS last year and lost by 54 at EC.  They played GS this year and lost by 50.  Anybody else getting this? It's Hardin we're talking about by the way.  Is AAW on Warrens case about who they have or have not played and why they haven't been relevant in BASKETBALL in 15 years like Hardin has? Nope.  We just want Hardin playing tougher competition in non-district games so they will have some L's on the schedule and we won't have to discuss at all why they are 18-3 or whatever they are.  Am I right ? Thought so.

No you are not right.

And I am not talking just Good Samaritan. You can choose several from that schedule.

9 hours ago, uknowit2 said:

It’s just like football. “We’re  5-0”, what a great year”.  We were “18-3” what a great year.

i do like  the mighty Hornets for the 4th spot.

Nobody says it's a great year in Hardin.  Nobody is on this site asking for poll respect for Hardin.  It's Hardin for god sake.  If they make the playoffs in basketball it's the first time in 10-15 years.  

7 hours ago, GoFundMe said:

Nobody says it's a great year in Hardin.  Nobody is on this site asking for poll respect for Hardin.  It's Hardin for god sake.  If they make the playoffs in basketball it's the first time in 10-15 years.  

My apologies. 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2014 are the playoff appearances in the last 20 years.

According to the banners hanging in the gymnasium.  But, still......not a lot to hang the ole' hat on in regards to basketball in hardin america.  According to one source, they advanced to the regional tournament in 2001-2002 season and fell short to Frankston in the Regional Final - but the banner in the gym says region quarterfinalist -which is incorrect. Duane Joubert was the Basketball coach during this run in the early 2000's - who I did not know coached at Hardin before going to Kountze.

Hardin isn't beating EC, OF or Buna. I think AAW is trying to make the point that the last playoff spot is going to be between Hardin, Kountze and Warren and a little tougher schedule  may prepare Hardin to beat those two teams a little more. The last playoff spot in this district will come down to matchups and foul trouble. I don't know anything about Hardins lineup so I have no idea how they will match up. I have seen Kountze and Warren and neither has much depth or post presence. Warren did have a left handed kid that had a decent stroke. They lost their PG to foul trouble in the game that I saw them and didn't handle pressure without him. 

8 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

My apologies. 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2014 are the playoff appearances in the last 20 years.

According to the banners hanging in the gymnasium.  But, still......not a lot to hang the ole' hat on in regards to basketball in hardin america.  According to one source, they advanced to the regional tournament in 2001-2002 season and fell short to Frankston in the Regional Final - but the banner in the gym says region quarterfinalist -which is incorrect. Duane Joubert was the Basketball coach during this run in the early 2000's - who I did not know coached at Hardin before going to Kountze.

They had some kids they could go from 2000-2004 ish. Think they moved up in class around 2004 which slowed their success, then the loss of Joubert obviously hurt.

5 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Hardin isn't beating EC, OF or Buna. I think AAW is trying to make the point that the last playoff spot is going to be between Hardin, Kountze and Warren and a little tougher schedule  may prepare Hardin to beat those two teams a little more. The last playoff spot in this district will come down to matchups and foul trouble. I don't know anything about Hardins lineup so I have no idea how they will match up. I have seen Kountze and Warren and neither has much depth or post presence. Warren did have a left handed kid that had a decent stroke. They lost their PG to foul trouble in the game that I saw them and didn't handle pressure without him. 

Guess we will know more Friday when Hardin hosts Warren

6 minutes ago, yepyep said:

They had some kids they could go from 2000-2004 ish. Think they moved up in class around 2004 which slowed their success, then the loss of Joubert obviously hurt.

I thought Hardin / EC and Anahuac have been in the same district since the beginning of time. Yes, I am exaggerating but they have been together at least the better part of 30 years.