stevenash

I consider a 3% GDP ( which was NEVER seen during the prior administration) a considerable accomplishment.  I consider hostages being returned from different parts of the World to be a considerable accomplishment.   I consider new trade deals to replace NAFTA to be meaningful accomplishments.  I consider de-prioritizing vilification of peace officers, de-prioritizing statue tear downs, and elimination of straws to be lesser accomplishments but not unappreciated.  The tax cut raised the take home pay of nearly everyone and the corporate tax cut was responsible for raises and bonuses for many people.

54 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Not hiding at all. In fact, I watching Fox News this morning and they had a list of Trump's top accomplishments for 2018.I thought maybe you had them listed when I saw your tread about 2019. Glad you didn't because you probably saw the shallow accomplishments for 2018 he had accomplished. What a joke!!

Why associates should stay hidden - Exhibit A.

3 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Not hiding at all. In fact, I watching Fox News this morning and they had a list of Trump's top accomplishments for 2018.I thought maybe you had them listed when I saw your tread about 2019. Glad you didn't because you probably saw the shallow accomplishments for 2018 he had accomplished. What a joke!!

Gives us a list of accomplishments from your "great one".  I'll help you get started:  sending truckloads of money to Iran, alienating our one true ally in the Middle East, and trying to bankrupt the country with obamacare.  Speaking of obamacare,  maybe Bear Essentials could tell us how many lies were told on that one, since obama only told 16 in 8 years, thus not classifying him as a liar.

"As we wrote in our most recent update of

This is the hidden content, please
, the economy increased by
during Trump’s first full year, better than the
. But the GDP growth historically fluctuates by year: The four
under Obama, for example, were 2.9 percent real growth in 2015, 2.6 percent in 2014, 2.2 percent in 2012 and 2.5 percent in 2010."  Source:FactCheck.Org

==================================================================================================

Stevie Nash's comments:

"I consider a 3% GDP ( which was NEVER seen during the prior administration) a considerable accomplishment.  "

Two things Dove.  ! the article from which you got your quote was written  in July 13 and had no way of evaluating the GDP for 2018.  Secondly, the GDP comparisons are actual GDP rather than real/adjusted for inflation GDP.  The fact remains that Obama is the only two term president NEVER to achieve 3% GDP for a calendar year.  The other interesting point is that GDP was in decline from 2014 to 2015 and  from 2015 to 2016( I am sure you can find a way to attribute that to BUsh)and , as at the same time, attribute the increase this year as just a carryover of Obama policies)

I just realized something about Fox News. In about 25 years, they're going to have to change their marketing  strategies towards their base. Their current base will have dwindled down and won't have the market share that caters to their current market base.

Another reason why the push for the wall.

8 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I just realized something about Fox News. In about 25 years, they're going to have to change their marketing  strategies towards their base. Their current base will have dwindled down and won't have the market share that caters to their current market base.

Yeah, that's the reason for the wall push.  :)

Exhibit B...keep them coming, it's fun.

12 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

And that is based on the assumption that only White Christian Old Men are watchers of Fox?  You may want to secure a deeper and more competent analysis before you make your next "declaration".  If the populations trends are exactly as you suggest and since these trends have been in effect for some time now, why does Fox show so well in the sweeps?

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:03 PM, BLUEDOVE3 said:

An exceptional jobs report

Today's jobs report was extraordinary, ending a strong year. A few things stood out: 1) nonfarm payrolls surged above expectations with a 312k increase and revisions to the prior two months of 58k. The print likely reflects, in part, some reversal from last month's relatively weak print. Still, payroll gains averaged 254k over the last three months and 220k for the year, up from 182k in 2017. 2) The strength of the labor market is attracting workers to reenter the labor force as the labor force participation rate edged up to 63.1% from 62.9% and the unemployment rate rose to 3.9% (3.856% from 3.696%). 3) Wages strengthened further, advancing by 0.4% mom (0.402% unrounded) pushing the yoy rate up to 3.2% (3.153% from 3.127%). Bottom line: the jobs report underpins the household sector and we think the Fed should take it as a positive following a run of weaker survey data.

Payrolls surge

The gain in nonfarm payrolls was broad-based as both goods-producing (74k from 27k) and service providing industries (227k from 146k) accelerated on the month. On an industry level, there was a strong acceleration in employment growth in construction (38k from 0k), leisure and hospitality (55k from 18k) and education and health (82k from 21k). Some of the acceleration is likely a reversal from weakness in prior months and is therefore unlikely to continue at this pace. Nonetheless, the gains were impressive.

Wage growth continues to head higher

Average hourly earnings grew by 0.4% mom pushing the year-over-year rate to 3.2%, a cycle high. In 4Q, wage growth averaged 3.2%, up from 2.8% in 3Q. Growth in December was broad based with wages in the goods-producing sector growing by 2.8% and wages in the service-providing industries rising by 3.2%. Wage gains were particularly strong, relative to the previous 12 months, in information (5.7% yoy), retail trade (5.0% yoy), and construction (3.9% yoy). The upward trajectory in wages is encouraging and should help to attract more workers to reenter the labor force, as seen in this report. While one month does not make a trend, it may be that businesses have finally begun to raise wages to attract and retain employees.

Assumption?

D
, professor of media, former journalist, current free-lancer.
· Author has 1.3k answers and 2.3m answer views

Research shows that the typical Fox News viewer is white, over sixty, conservative, Republican, and male. There are also some women over sixty who watch Fox News, but the point is the Fox News audience skews older, and skews conservative. That said, of course there are some people who are liberal or moderate (or younger, or non-white) who tune in; some do so out of curiosity, others to hear another side of the issues; but the target audience for Fox News is right-wing conservative older adults, and that is the group the station’s programs are designed to please.

I think yall develop timely amnesia when it comes to accepting that President Obama took office during one of the worst recessions since the Great Depression. Yall also wanna forget this  country's economy future was in doubt and American workers were being laid off like crazy. But then again, based on Fox's demographics, I understand the senility. 

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:42 AM, stevenash said:

An exceptional jobs report

Today's jobs report was extraordinary, ending a strong year. A few things stood out: 1) nonfarm payrolls surged above expectations with a 312k increase and revisions to the prior two months of 58k. The print likely reflects, in part, some reversal from last month's relatively weak print. Still, payroll gains averaged 254k over the last three months and 220k for the year, up from 182k in 2017. 2) The strength of the labor market is attracting workers to reenter the labor force as the labor force participation rate edged up to 63.1% from 62.9% and the unemployment rate rose to 3.9% (3.856% from 3.696%). 3) Wages strengthened further, advancing by 0.4% mom (0.402% unrounded) pushing the yoy rate up to 3.2% (3.153% from 3.127%). Bottom line: the jobs report underpins the household sector and we think the Fed should take it as a positive following a run of weaker survey data.

Payrolls surge

The gain in nonfarm payrolls was broad-based as both goods-producing (74k from 27k) and service providing industries (227k from 146k) accelerated on the month. On an industry level, there was a strong acceleration in employment growth in construction (38k from 0k), leisure and hospitality (55k from 18k) and education and health (82k from 21k). Some of the acceleration is likely a reversal from weakness in prior months and is therefore unlikely to continue at this pace. Nonetheless, the gains were impressive.

Wage growth continues to head higher

Average hourly earnings grew by 0.4% mom pushing the year-over-year rate to 3.2%, a cycle high. In 4Q, wage growth averaged 3.2%, up from 2.8% in 3Q. Growth in December was broad based with wages in the goods-producing sector growing by 2.8% and wages in the service-providing industries rising by 3.2%. Wage gains were particularly strong, relative to the previous 12 months, in information (5.7% yoy), retail trade (5.0% yoy), and construction (3.9% yoy). The upward trajectory in wages is encouraging and should help to attract more workers to reenter the labor force, as seen in this report. While one month does not make a trend, it may be that businesses have finally begun to raise wages to attract and retain employees.

I can pull up the same improvements for Obama.

Go ahead.  Pull them up.   Its much easier to achieve from the depths of a recession than from an economy that is not in a recession when you take the helm.  Workers getting "laid off like crazy" is not anything out of the ordinary.  It accompanies every recession.  There has NEVER been a recession from which we did not recover, so it is somewhat naive to believe that in 2008, the recovery from that recession could not have taken place if it were not for the economic acumen of the Obama administration, which, incidentally, NEVER achieved a 3% GDP in eight years and also provided a declining GDP in successive years beginning in 2014.  By the way, Mr. Obama told this country that the new norm was a 2% or less GDP and said that manufacturing jobs were gone and though Trump said he could make them return, Mr. Obama responded with "with what, by waving a magic wand"?  

10 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Assumption?

D
, professor of media, former journalist, current free-lancer.
· Author has 1.3k answers and 2.3m answer views

Research shows that the typical Fox News viewer is white, over sixty, conservative, Republican, and male. There are also some women over sixty who watch Fox News, but the point is the Fox News audience skews older, and skews conservative. That said, of course there are some people who are liberal or moderate (or younger, or non-white) who tune in; some do so out of curiosity, others to hear another side of the issues; but the target audience for Fox News is right-wing conservative older adults, and that is the group the station’s programs are designed to please.

Research shows that conservatives are drawn to the truth, reflected by the success of Fox.

15 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Aren’t you pleased that Trump is having so much success for the Country?

He should be.  Everyone should be, Rep & Dems, but when your brain is programmed to accept negativity, and think it’s good, it’s impossible to accept when things are going well.  Especially going well for lower and middle income folks.  I’ve yet to figure out how their brains have been programmed like that, but I suspect the Russians did it.  Damx commies, lol.

6 hours ago, Hagar said:

He should be.  Everyone should be, Rep & Dems, but when your brain is programmed to accept negativity, and think it’s good, it’s impossible to accept when things are going well.  Especially going well for lower and middle income folks.  I’ve yet to figure out how their brains have been programmed like that, but I suspect the Russians did it.  Damx commies, lol.

Obama told his followers that a crappy economy was the norm and apparently they aren’t happy with anything more.

Perhaps the best part of Friday's report was that workers' wages are accelerating. Average hourly earnings rose 0.4% in December and are up 3.2% from a year ago. And that's excluding extra earnings from irregular bonuses and commissions like those paid out after the tax cut was passed.

The emboldened is a note for all of the associates who believe Trump policies benefit only the rich.

Edited by stevenash