We may have a first here at SETXsports

I know we have the bulk of district play left to play, but we may get a first here at SETXsports. To my knowledge, no school has ever finished #1 in our rankings in both football and basketball in the same season. If North Shore continues to do what I expect them to do, I can see them doing it this year. Personally, no way I will be dropping them in our rankings if they win out and depending on the loss, they still may find their way back to #1 before season ends.

If anyone can remember a year where this has happened before, please enlighten me.

I’m not sure.  Only beat a bunch of nerds (Htn Math & Science) by one.  District is a powderpuff.  The two Beaumont schools can possibly beat them, but that’s about it.  Yep, West Brook & United are the only obstacles.  Besides, what do I know, I thought Ned could beat Bridge City. :) 

49 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

North Shore could make it to state in basketball as well

They really could.   A few rounds in, most teams they play will be more talented.  But as stated in other threads, they are one of those consistent teams that refuse to beat themselves.  You have to have beat them playing their game.  Remind me somewhat of that Tompkins team last year that made the finals, although Tompkins was plenty talented. 

On 1/3/2019 at 8:07 AM, Hagar said:

I’m not sure.  Only beat a bunch of nerds (Htn Math & Science) by one.  District is a powderpuff.  The two Beaumont schools can possibly beat them, but that’s about it.  Yep, West Brook & United are the only obstacles.  Besides, what do I know, I thought Ned could beat Bridge City. :) 

Houston Math & Science is actually Houston Sam Houston and they reload in basketball every year (although they stink at football, they were in our district when I coached at Westbury). For basketball they are SOLID.