Texans clinch AFC South

Texans clinch the AFC South with a 11-5 record. Await the winner of the Colts vs. Titans to see who they play in the first round. After the 0-3 start and with underwhelming play from the o-line all year, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. Watson and Hopkins are special and I expect the defense to play well. If you're 1 of the 12 teams that make it to the postseason, you atleast give yourself a chance to make a run! Gotta love playoff football!

Colts vs. Texans will play Saturday, Jan. 5th at 3:30... As a Texans fan, I do not like this matchup due to how well TY Hilton has played at NRG Stadium, but I know Watson is a gamer and I expect him to play well with it being a playoff game. Crazy to think the kid hasn't lost a game by more than 1 score since his sophomore year of high school. All 4 wild card games should be pretty fun to watch!

We're lucky to have Hopkins in Houston. Not only is he great on the field, he's doing stuff like this off the field. Quote from Hopkins:

"When I see Jazmine Barnes' face, I see my own daughter. I'm pledging my playoff check this week to help her family with funeral costs and to support Shaun King, Sylvester Turner, and Ed Emmett in bringing this man to justice. On Saturday, I will be playing in your honor, Jazmine."

39 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Got to revamp the offensive line and linebackers.  Hire a playcaller!!

BOB has to give up the reigns on playcalling. With the 3 picks they have in the first and second rounds of the draft, they need to get offensive line help and secondary help. The better they can protect Watson, the better he will get imo. He looked pretty crappy today.

Guest ECBucFan

DW is one of the most overhyped players ever. He had zero points on the board going into the 4th quarter, playing AT HOME. Where is all the fan reaction? Had Brock O or Tom Savage laid an egg like this they would have been murdered in the NRG parking lot. 

5 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

DW is one of the most overhyped players ever. He had zero points on the board going into the 4th quarter, playing AT HOME. Where is all the fan reaction? Had Brock O or Tom Savage laid an egg like this they would have been murdered in the NRG parking lot. 

Brock O and Tom Savage never won the franchise 9 in a row. The team went 11-5 with a horrible o-line and 2 good receivers getting injured. DW looked pretty bad today but overall I don't understand how you can compare him with Brock or Savage. Where were you during the 9 game streak? You only come out to troll him when he plays poorly and never give him credit when he plays well. Did he do something to you personally? He is a great young man, and the talent is undeniably there. Lets all remember, he has only been a starter in the NFL for a year and a half and has had a bottom 5 o-line the entire time.

Furthermore, Hoyer is a better/more accomplished qb than Brock or Savage and do you remember his stat line from the playoff game vs. the Chiefs in the 2015 season?

15-34, 136 yds, 0 td 4 int.

He didn't get killed in the parking lot and the fan base loathed him.

On 1/6/2019 at 8:53 PM, Hook'em said:

Brock O and Tom Savage never won the franchise 9 in a row. The team went 11-5 with a horrible o-line and 2 good receivers getting injured. DW looked pretty bad today but overall I don't understand how you can compare him with Brock or Savage. Where were you during the 9 game streak? You only come out to troll him when he plays poorly and never give him credit when he plays well. Did he do something to you personally? He is a great young man, and the talent is undeniably there. Lets all remember, he has only been a starter in the NFL for a year and a half and has had a bottom 5 o-line the entire time.

That guy is just a trolly. I had this same conversation early in the year and he was a ghost after week 3. The O line was the worst in football. Bob needs to hire an OC. On Watson though, he needs to get better reading defenses post snap. That comes in time.

I liked DW when he was with Clemson and told a Texans fan that I know that they got their QB when they drafted him. Texans got behind and had to play catch up. Lots of pressure on a young QB in a playoff game. I think this is why they lost, plus the defense really couldn't do the Colts. I'll let you Texans fans hash out what needs to change.

If I could make a Cowboys comparison.......Dak reeled off 11 in a row his rookie year and they were calling for his head the following year. Need to give these young QBs time to settle in. That's all.

Guest ECBucFan
On 1/6/2019 at 8:53 PM, Hook'em said:

Brock O and Tom Savage never won the franchise 9 in a row. 

Brock O does, however have one thing DW does not have. A Texan playoff win. BTW Brock O did it with a lesser supporting cast, too. 

Matt Schaube and TJ Yates also have wins, and they, along with Brock O were run outta town on a rail. 

Plug any of these three into the Texan line up this year, and experience the exact same LOSS and the exact same lack of performance, and fans would go postal on any of them. Meanwhile DW gets another pass. Why is that?   

Guest ECBucFan
On 1/7/2019 at 7:38 AM, baddog said:

If I could make a Cowboys comparison.......Dak reeled off 11 in a row his rookie year and they were calling for his head the following year. Need to give these young QBs time to settle in. That's all.

Reeling off 9 or 11 or whatever in a row does not do much good if you implode in the Wild Card game. Where was the call for patience when others (who actually WON Texan playoff games, BTW) needed more time?  

In their lone seasons as Texans starters

Brock Osweiler- 2,957 Yards 15 TDs 16 INTS QBRating 49.5

29 Rushing Yards

Deshaun Watson- 4,165 Yards 26 TDs 9 INTS QBRating 103.0

551 Rushing Yards 5 TDs

35 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Reeling off 9 or 11 or whatever in a row does not do much good if you implode in the Wild Card game. Where was the call for patience when others (who actually WON Texan playoff games, BTW) needed more time?  

I liked the QBs you mentioned. Texans just never could seem to settle or develop. Heck, I liked Keenum. Didn't care for Osweiller. Huge mistake. 

Reeling off 9-11 in a row in the NFL, to me, is no fluke. The talent is there, the fire and desire comes from the HC. That's akin to saying, What's the use of going undefeated if you are going to lose the SB (Brady)?

In "Matt Schaub's Playoff win", he threw for exactly 0 TDS and 1 INT

Arian Foster carried the ball 32 times for 140 yards

They scored 1 TD on a Foster run and kicked 4 FGs winning 19-13..

Man, that was a enormous accomplishment for Schaub. What a great QB. He really rose to the occasion in that playoff game.